Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which is your favourite Castlevania game ever?

Tatsu

Dragoniac
Time to spice this section up, even when it's with a rather lame thread... :p

My favourite game is Symphony of the Night for sure. The game is epic, the soundtracks is awesome, it's in 2D, it's hack'n'slay action... Well, what else would I ask for?! :) Runner up is the very first Castlevania game on the NES and of course Castlevania IV on the S-Nes.

Reasonable Addition

Wrong Answer
Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Not only is it my favourite Castlevania title ever, but it's my favourite video game ever.
(Until I played the other Castlevanias, I wasn't a fan of it at all-just this game, which was my first one.)
The entire game is so fun from beginning to end, and I NEVER tire of collecting all the equipment and items, all the way to the Duplicator.

I really love the ambiance...this game is almost magical for me, I always get so sucked in, no matter how many times I've played.
I love the entire vampire feel it has, it's established way more then the others, since you play as a vampire, obviously. (A dampyl, actually. :D)

The character design and the Goth getup the entire game has is so charming, and most intriguing. Sometimes I just love to sit there and watch the intricate backgrounds. Like that eye guardian in the marble Corridor background-for the longest time, I always thought it HAD to be some sort of secret. Some of the enemies are almost enthralling, and all are very well done...I always liked the ghost hunter in the cathedral, for some reason, and the ring of swords.

I especially love the Cathedral stage, it's great. :)

It was the first Metroid style Castlevania, (Other then the second one, I'm told-correct me if I'm wrong.) and in this title, the concepts works best. Everything fits, and the only complain I have is that it's not long enough.

Oh yes, the weapons you can equip...some very unusual and interesting effects, and even some nifty combinations.

Usually, the Castlevania stories are never that elaborated, by that I mean you can tell it's never the priority, and this one isn't that much of an exception...but even then, it manages to have its poignant moments, like the death of Lisa and Dracula's hatred for mankind, as well as Alucard just about being a martyr.

This post isn't constructive, and as if I hadn't praised the game enough, I'll say that if Symphony of the Night was a human, he would be my lover. :D

I tried making a quick overview of why I love this game so much, but it didn't work. But heh, there's my answer.

Venom

SOTN is also my favorite. The style, the music, the gameplay, everything came together so well that it couldn't be denied that this was one game no one should miss out on. It's no wonder it gets such a good reception even now.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
I like 'em all...especially Aria of Sorrow.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Symphony Of The Night or Castlevania II: Simons Quest, although it's a very close call. And actually, I love every Castlevania game I played...seriously.

Been meaning to replay Castlevania 4, now that I think about it...

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Symphony Of The Night or Castlevania II: Simons Quest, although it's a very close call. And actually, I love every Castlevania game I played...seriously.

Been meaning to replay Castlevania 4, now that I think about it...

That's my ordeal as well! I had a GBA emulator last year and I downloaded all the Castlevania games it had and, man, they were all fun and addictive.

Reasonable Addition

Wrong Answer
Unfortunately I'm a heretic and sinner-I call myself a Castlevania fan, but aside from the first one, I haven't played anything before SotN.

Still, I know they're all loved for a reason, but having to memorize an entire stage by heart in order to complete it isn't really my idea of fun.

I know, I suck. :)

well, for me it has to be simons quest.the feel that game had was so different from the previous,and many gamers didnt like that.i loved it though and found it very innovative for it to be more rpg that the others,and that same idea gave us sotn.

Rugter

wut
For me it's either CotM or SotN or RoB. CotM has the badass DSS system and the best Metroidvania bosses. SotN is just epic, but quite easy. RoB is... Well, RoB. No need to say any more.