Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Webcomics

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
I wasn't really sure where this would fall and I didn't want to put it under the Pavilion or Black Hole >_>

There's been a lot of read comics I've read over the years, not many that I've liked either. There's only three I currently keep up with, because the rest kind of died off from me.

CtrlAltDel, which a lot of people bash. I'm unsure why. I think it has to do a lot with Tim Buckley's attitude towards certain things, but I have no idea and I really don't care. CAD is kind of bland is the way of funny, it has it's moments, but I'm reading it for the plot nowadays.

Least I Could Do is sort of like CAD in the way that I read it mainly for the plot now, as the comic itself only has moments once and awhile. The style is kind of cool though, I do like that.

Penny Arcade is third because I did this alphabetical from my bookmarks. Penny Arcade gives me more laughs than the other two and it's lack of a CENTRAL plot makes it easier to just read without needing to read the five hundred beforehand, but sometimes it's just....too out there. You usually need to read the newspost to understand it, or to get an idea first.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
I also read webcomics and have a few I check everyday for update. While I don't read any of the ones you do, I do like Penny Arcade whenever someone links me.

I was wondering what your thoughts on VGCats were? While it has its moments I find it a tad bit overrated. Since it's fairly popular and you didn't list it I was thinking maybe you thought the same.

The webcomics I follow are Questionable Content, which is centered around a guy named Marty who is an indie music person. The webcomic will throw out a bunch of obscure music references but it suits the characters, and other than that it's a really fun comic to follow. Though it has a HEFTY backlog of 1100+ webcomics I found myself loving catching back up on it and getting really into the characters. But it will take some serious dedication to catch up to where it's at.

xkcd is a very fun and humorous webcomic as well, by some geeky math guy. There is no plot so there is nothing to follow, so you'll find it easily accessible. It's got a LOT of great moments and is one of my favorites. I've laughed quite a bit at it.

The third I follow is 8-bit theater, another webcomic with a huge backlog by now, but one I've loved over the years. It's motif if the original FF game and sprites, but this comic is really fueled by the characters and their personalities and archetypes and Brian plays off the interactions masterfully. Really just a lot of humor and fun.

Honorable mentions include Qwantz and Looking For Group. LFG only updates about two times a week but Richard is such a great character and the comic doesn't have a huge backlog(yet) and only has a little over 100 pages.

But yeah. My friend Daniel would probably overload this thread with like 10+ webcomics. He's a webcomic geek.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
I don't mind VGcats, but I never liked it enough to keep up with it. I mean, it was great when I liked a strip, because of how big they are, but I don't know. I just never really got into it. A major problem people have with VGcats is the drawing style, but I actually liked it, I thought it was cute.

8-Bit theater was one of the first webcomics I ever read, but I'd get about 300 strips into it, forget to read, and have to start over because I forgot what had happened. So. Yeah. I know it's still funny, I just can't push myself to catch back up.

And I read LFG too, since it was made by the Sohmer who made LICD. It's pretty funny, but again, I kept forgetting to read it and just decided I didn't feel like it.

I never heard of the other ones you mentioned though.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
Yeah I don't really mind the art style, that's never been a problem with me, but the comic is really a lot of hit-and-miss for me. With more hisses than hits. But the hits are pretty great when you get them.

And yeah, I really just follow it daily now..I stopped around 400 or so for 8-bit and really just said fucked it and didn't catch back up. I still check it everyday now though for good laughs, because you really DON'T have to know what's happened for it to be funny anymore, because like I said. It's more a character comic.

And yeah, LFG is funny. Richard makes it with his constantly great moments. Have you seen the little musical video starring him? Completely hilarious. I'll link if not.

Archangel Sabre

Staff member
I used to be somewhat into webcomics, though the only one I currently read is xkcd. Like Mic said, it's fun and easy to follow. They're generally pretty tact and clever, as well.

I can't really say much else, as I tend to read an entire webcomic archive over a few days and then forget the comic exists. A Modest Destiny (as well as anything by Sean Howard) is worth checking out, though I don't believe he's writing anything currently.

And I think people hate on CAD because, I suppose more than anything else, it's lazy. All he does is c/p a couple basic images together, lace it with boring dialogue, then posts it up and calls it a webcomic. Unless he's changed the style since I last visited CAD (which was around ... '06 or something. I think).
\

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Yeah, link Richard's video anyway. That was HILARIOUS.

A Modest Destiny, when the creator wasn't a sociopath, was the best webcomic ever. Ever.

I get what you mean about CAD, but still I guess he's appealing to people out there somewhere, because he apparently makes a living off his comic pretty well and they do have the animated series.

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
If I was on my other laptop, I could sit here and list every single one of the webcomics that I used to read and keep up with. Now, it's only three that I try to keep up with, but it's only one that I actually check every single updated day.

Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures: This webcomic makes me laugh at least every day I read it. I believe while waiting for the updates, I've re-read it at least five times, if not more. It's funny, witty, and it isn't one of those girly love story type webcomics that most people expect me to read.

Chugworth Academy: This webcomic is actually one of those girly type love stories, and it's funny since it's written by two guys. It's hilarious though and there is a lot of sexual innuendo involved. -shrug- It's a good read, though it's barelu updated on time.

VGCats: Funny that I actually keep up with it. I'll agree with Mic and say that it is a bit overrated, but it's still funny nonetheless. And I'll also agree with Elle as I love love love the style of drawing, hence why I came across DMFA as it's drawing style is similar to that of VGCats. Plus. I like the fact that it isn't an actual storyline. Just random games that the characters play.

When I think of the others, I'll post them here.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
I got sick of waiting for Chugworth to get updated so I stopped reading it awhile ago. >_>

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
I got sick of waiting for Chugworth to get updated so I stopped reading it awhile ago. >_>

I gave up on it for like, 5 months when I found out that the domain was gone and that Dave wasn't going to be updating it. Then, out of boredom, I tried to read it again, and thankfully, it was actually there.

[YOUTUBE]fcbazH6aE2g[/YOUTUBE]
<333

What's the link to the webcomic?