Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenchi Saga

boomstick

....Naked
I was just wondering how many like the Tenchi series, I know there was a run of Tenchi Muyo!(Original OVA), Tenchi Universe(First Full Series, much more action focused) and Tenchi In Tokyo(2nd series) on Toonmai or whatever that was called, but they were all pretty much butchered terribly.

Anyway, there's several series based in the Tenchi saga, There's Tenchi Muyo!, Tenchi Muyo!: Ryo-Ohki(Only real follow-up to the original), Tenchi Universe, Tenchi In Tokyo and I've heard rumors of a 3rd OVA in the works, as well.

Also there is 3 movies, Tenchi Muyo! In Love, Tenchi The Movie 2: Daughter Of Darkness, Tenchi Muyo! In Love 2: Tenchi Forever.

Brief Overview of all this:

Tenchi Muyo!-Original 13 episode OVA, more focused on comedy and the characters then action, though well done whenever an action sequence is shown, personally my favorite of all the series, though does tend to have a perverted sense of humor, if that's a negative......

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki-The 2nd OVA and leaves off right were the first ended, alot of new things are revealed to Tenchi and for some is just now coming to the States and only the first 3 episodes have been released thus far on DVD, but they're longer than usually episodes, about 35 minutes a piece, I think.

Tenchi Universe-The first televised series(26 episodes, I think) and though reused same characters, the way they all met were changed, as well as alot of the details surronding them, more action-based, but still kept a good sense of humor, different, but still quite good.

Tenchi In Tokyo-Second series, can't really remember how many, but once again, reused same characters, but with different meetings and details, honestly, In Tokyo, I personally thought was pretty awful, I lost interest quickly and I just never cared much for it.

Tenchi Muyo! In Love-First Movie, never seen it, so I can't really say anything about it.

Tenchi The Movie 2: Daughter Of Darkness-Meh, not very good, at all, it's basically a girl shows up claiming to be Tenchi's daughter and the DNA matches and it's all a scheme of some evil woman, can't say I was interested much at all with this movie.

Tenchi Muyo! In Love 2: Tenchi Forever-The last(or, at least latest) movie, little to no action and is really more of a buddy movie with some romance and comedy blended in, but I liked the story and personally think it's just execellent.

Anyway, I definately recommend the Tenchi Saga to anime fans, except Tenchi In Tokyo and the 2nd movie, neither are very good.

Plus, do keep in mind that the original is pretty old, 1992 I think was the when the first was released, so some stuff may not be totally too par with some of the later stuff.

Nights Shadow

Custom User Title
ive seen very little it was one of the first anime i ever watched on cartoon network i dont even know which series i seen bits and pieces from but it was a bit funny

W

William

I haven't been able to find any of this series in .rm/.rmvb/.rv format yet; and cannot afford to buy dvds/vhs tapes at the moment...but it does sound interesting.

Played the SNES rpg for a bit a long time ago, and it was pretty cool, so I expect that the series is good too.

boomstick

....Naked
William said:
I haven't been able to find any of this series in .rm/.rmvb/.rv format yet; and cannot afford to buy dvds/vhs tapes at the moment...but it does sound interesting.

Played the SNES rpg for a bit a long time ago, and it was pretty cool, so I expect that the series is good too.

Hey, I remember that game, short, but fairly good, never-the-less.

SeanFury

I can see the venom in your eyes-
I only watched Tenchi when it was on Cartoon Network, but even then, because I didn't know as much about anime as I do now and had no computer to get online with, I had no idea what the hell I was watching. Obviously, because it was CN, they massacred the series wholly. But overall, at the time, I quite enjoyed it, I even have a cabbit plushie.