Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Starcraft II not coming out this year

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
A very nice article actually, even if it say's the obvious. We won't see Starcraft II before '08 at the earliest.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18925251/

Heres a short quote from the article:

Speaking of secrets, what is your timeline for release for “StarCraft II?”

It’s a secret! I can give you the old Blizzard mantra of: “It’ll ship when it’s ready,” but it’s something that historically, we’ve learned to keep release dates really close to the vest. I think all game developers are extremely optimistic, and we used to give optimistic dates and we’d disappoint our fans when we didn’t hit them. So now, I think we’ve just gotten more gun shy. The only thing I can give you [that’s] concrete is it’s not going to be this year. Some people were hoping, because of how advanced the game looks, that we’d have it out by Christmas, but that’s definitely not happening.

That’s a pretty long development cycle, if you started work on “StarCraft II” in 2003.

Nights Shadow

Custom User Title
Heh who really didnt see that one coming. Soon as i heard about it i was all oh man it would be awsome if it came out around christmas....oh wait.....blizzard...

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Lol, ditto. I imagine everyone saw that coming. Personally, it doesn't bother me as one might be. I'm not a big fan of Starcraft. I played the first and I never really got uber-obsessed with it like some people I know. ...'tis not my niche.

Roger Smith

Hail humans take heed. This is the carrier, Shadow
I never even played the original OMGOMGOMGOMOMG ZURG RUSH anyway.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Well, in the meantime...we could play the original Starcraft assuming I can find my disc. And if not, i'm always up for some Warcraft III! :p

L

LHamiltons

I think we will see StarCraft 2 on StarCraft birthday in 08.

The Bill

tf2 is a good game
I only use the original for fun/defence maps anyway, so if there's a mapmaker on SC2, you know what I'll be doing. :D

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Well, in the meantime...we could play the original Starcraft assuming I can find my disc. And if not, i'm always up for some Warcraft III! :p

Dude...

Ugh, don't even get me started.

I lost my keycode for WCIII, and since I had to reformat my computer and everything, the game's essentially "lost".

Life's a bitch and then you play WoW.

Or Guild Wars.

But Guild Wars sucks ass.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
blizzard cares to much about Wow me thinks and they neglect everything else.

Kurama

Why you gotta player hate on IG-88?
They care about the money WoW makes. Not WoW itself (they butchered the lore so hard it hurts, and the new expansion is set to kill WarCraft 4's plot.)