Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sonic Unleashed: What Sonic needs to survive, or his ultimate doom?

Venom

Sonic Unleashed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sega confirms Sonic Unleashed after video and screenshot leaks [Update 1] - Joystiq

"The game appears to be a 3D sidescroller, similar to Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rivals 2, with occasional shifts to on-rails gameplay camera behind Sonic much like Sonic and the Secret Rings."

Just the fact that it says "The Secret Rings" is enough for me to say farewell to Sonic forever. The sidescrolling aspects may be good, but after what they've done to Sonic in recent years, I somehow doubt it'll save the game.

Discussions and such are welcome.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
It looks promising enough, and at least better than most other 3D Sonic-type titles.

The video really showed off how it could be FUN. And honestly if you were going to say farewell to the Sonic series it really should have been at Heroes, or even the Adventure games, but Heroes was just the nail in the coffin.

But I actually am willing to give this one a chance, unlike Sonic 360/PS3 which looked like Heroes/Adventure games but god awful, lmao.

Though I never played Secret Rings myself, it looked amusing enough, and a friend who basically mirrors near every opinion I have on games said it was okay but that it REALLY should have been played with a standard controller.

Anyways...Sonic RPG ftw.

Ted

Owls don't lie.
What they should do is go back to 2D in a better way than they did with the GBA games. You could fit THOUSANDS of Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, and CD style levels on a CD. Those were the good days, back when all they had for characters was Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles on the good side, and Robotnik and Mecha Sonic on the bad side. Even Amy as a love interest in Sonic CD was okay.

But for the love of god, DON'T REMAKE THE ORIGINAL SONIC GAMES IN 3D. I know that's not what they're doing, but that could be disastrous.

Or would it? Hmm...

Zandragna

Chaos Lord
Why not a remake of 1, 2, & 3 that are 3-D BUT, are still side scrollers? Might be pretty good... I'd probably get it.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
If they designed it similar to say, Megaman: Maverick Hunter X and perhaps added bonus's and extras to the game with those kind of graphics on the PSP, all in one game, I'd DEFINITELY buy.

That'd be awesome.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Sonic is dead, probably for good too.

Sega doesn't give a flying shit about any of their classic series anymore.

Well...Virtua Fighter is still good.

Zandragna

Chaos Lord
Sonic is still somehow Sega iconic mascot... they must give at least SOME kinda shit... flying or no.

Venom

I don't think it's that they give a flying shit, it's just too late to introduce a new face since Sonic is almost as well-known as Mario, except that Sonic is known for gradually getting worse while Mario is known for being just as awesome now as he was 27 (or 26, depending on the month it was released) years ago when he first hopped on the construction set of Donkey Kong.

Still, I'm probably being unfair to this game, but I just can't get high hopes for it at all.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
I'm going to laugh and say how Sonic Air Ride is the best Sonic game in a long time.

hahahahaha.

Low-Budget Adult Filmmaker

<font color=blue>Fuck.
I played Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Advance 3 and I found them passingly entertaining. I imagine the DS games are pretty similar with more flash and less depth—but maybe I'll try 'em some day.

Venom

I'm going to laugh and say how Sonic Air Ride is the best Sonic game in a long time.

hahahahaha.

I'm guessing you mean Sonic Riders...and, actually, it's not as big of a disgrace as the recent platformers, so maybe you're right. :confused:

I played Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Advance 3 and I found them passingly entertaining. I imagine the DS games are pretty similar with more flash and less depth—but maybe I'll try 'em some day.

I've played the original Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush for DS, and they're fairly similar. The big difference is that Rush has 3D boss fights, and only 2 playable characters, but the gameplay in normal stages remains pretty much the same.

Zandragna

Chaos Lord
I really looked around at the videos and screens and this game looks alot more promising than Sonic 06 or Secret Rings. Then again... that whole wolf transforming idea makes it look like it's trying to rip off Zelda. Besides... an animal transforming into another animal? sounds dubious.. I'm still a whore for sonic so I might just get it anyways. Damnit you beautiful blue hedgehog. ;.;

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
Yeah, Sonic Riders. It wasn't really a disgrace at all and was a decent racing game with some pretty challenging and difficult segments and a good assortment of racers.

Like I said, best Sonic game in recent years. o_o

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
What does Sonic need for survival? A fuckin' miracle...that and Bioware. :)

Venom

lol, a Sonic game made by Bioware would be fuckin' epic. I'd play it...lol.

Seriously, Sonic is the kind of mascot that no matter how hard he gets fucked, he's never too sore for more...or if he is, he's the victim of rape. lol. Sonic Unleashed probably won't get him back on track, but maybe someday soon Sonic Team will wake up and see what the FANS really want instead of what a bunch of 6 year olds will play because they don't know the difference between that and a GOOD game.