Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sonic in Brawl compared to Sonic in his 3D games...

Venom

This is kind of an interesting comparison I've noticed while playing SSB Brawl - Sonic actually moves very fast when he runs, like he's supposed to. He's so fast on his own, and even moreso as Super Sonic during his final smash, that he's liable to simply zip right off the stage if there isn't enough room to stop. Now, compare that speed to his speed in games like Sonic the Hedgehog (360 and PS3), and the Sonic Adventure games, The Secret Rings, and especially Heroes...notice the difference? Sonic moves faster in Brawl than in any of his recent games. And why? Because in Brawl, he can only move from side to side, just like the old games. I think there's a connection here...

Feel free to discuss my rantings.

PKT

Forever /a/lone
Don't be so sure about that...I've seen vids of sonic in brawl and I've played most of those other games. One thing to note is the balance between speed and control. while it's clear that sonic should be faster than the other characters on that game he is still not too hard to control. In other games his speed can get to the point that he becomes quite a bit harder to control and the speed difference which causes said effect is quite noticeable.

Panic

Don't tase me, bro!
There is a difference, to me anyway. I love playing old school Sonic games, mainly the first 3 for the Genesis. I have the newer games like Heroes. I love playing as Sonic in Brawl though, so they must have done something right.

Venom

Well, it's not so much that I was thinking he's hard to control, it just seems like he moves faster in Brawl than he has since the old games on Genesis. The newer games either don't deliver a good sense of speed, or he just never gets a chance to move quickly. Since he can only move side-to-side in Brawl, like he could in the old games, and most parts of Sonic Rush, it seems that he's regained the speed he was supposed to have from the beginning.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Sonic is ridiculously fast in Brawl and I love it. My favorite character (along with my Ike), but still.

He does move really fast, but I was disappointed at how slow his spin dash was.