Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So I saw Speed Racer...

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
And while I can't speak for everyone, I can easily say that I loved it. It actually made me sad at parts, which I really didn't expect.

It was pretty funny and made for a decent action flick (IE: Nonja is more like it...they don't make ninja like they used to).

I'd definitely say it was worth going to say, especially in the theaters. You'll never be able to replicate the experience of a movie like this on a home TV (unless you're a rich bastard with a 50 some inch plasma screen).

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Yeah, a friend of mine, Jared, saw it too and he liked it too. Though, he did say that when it reached the two hour mark he was kind of tired of it.... I think it's unanimously understood that by its third act, the movie itself has warn out its welcome. I won't watch it myself, just 'cause I'm really not interested...

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Yeah, it was kind of long, but the races were amazing. It was a very interesting looking film, I loved the way their world looked, all bright and colorful, I'd imagine a cartoon/anime world would look like that in real life.

Marcius

Yeah, it was kind of long, but the races were amazing. It was a very interesting looking film, I loved the way their world looked, all bright and colorful, I'd imagine a cartoon/anime world would look like that in real life.

Yeah, the visual style is stunning. But, frankly, I'm just not a big fan of Speed Racer...I love the cast, though. Christina Ricci especially...fuuuuuuuck. I'll wait for the DVD on Blu Ray. That'll look amazing, won't it? :D

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Yeah, the visual style is stunning. But, frankly, I'm just not a big fan of Speed Racer...I love the cast, though. Christina Ricci especially...fuuuuuuuck. I'll wait for the DVD on Blu Ray. That'll look amazing, won't it? :D

Well, I never was either. Speed Racer was kind of the generation right before me, so I never got into it; I mean, I knew about it, but I never watched it more then a handful of times when it was on TV (which was rare).

And God, you think she looked good in the commercials?

But seriously, you can wait for the DVD, but it will be nowhere near as epic as seeing it in the theaters.

Marcius

Well, I never was either. Speed Racer was kind of the generation right before me, so I never got into it; I mean, I knew about it, but I never watched it more then a handful of times when it was on TV (which was rare).

And God, you think she looked good in the commercials?

But seriously, you can wait for the DVD, but it will be nowhere near as epic as seeing it in the theaters.

Damn, that's the same thing I heard about Beowulf. Like, people saw it and liked it just for the popping visuals...but I was, like, "Fuck that. I'll watch it with the glasses and whatnot." Too bad it didn't come weith the glasses and shit.

Fuck me, I'm royally trashed off Lortabs...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaguuuuuuuuuum...I'm sorry, I can't keep up with thoughts at the moment.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Yeah. Beowulf, 300, Speed Racer; movies like that are waaaay better on the big screen. You just can't ever replicate the experience.

Marcius

Yeah. Beowulf, 300, Speed Racer; movies like that are waaaay better on the big screen. You just can't ever replicate the experience.

I'm back. I agree...'cause they rely heavily on special effects and whatnot...and not some 22" tv is going to replicate that feeling you get from seeing a Spartan warrior avoid getting whipped by lopping off the Persian's arm. Shit like that on the big screen makes your heart skip a beat in excitement and thanking God you didn't miss out on this chance to see it on the big screen.

My days are numbered as a civilian, so I have hardly any time to even ONE movie...and I pray that the latest Indiana Jones flick will be a worthy substitute to viewing Speed Racer on the big screen.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
I'm back. I agree...'cause they rely heavily on special effects and whatnot...and not some 22" tv is going to replicate that feeling you get from seeing a Spartan warrior avoid getting whipped by lopping off the Persian's arm. Shit like that on the big screen makes your heart skip a beat in excitement and thanking God you didn't miss out on this chance to see it on the big screen.

My days are numbered as a civilian, so I have hardly any time to even ONE movie...and I pray that the latest Indiana Jones flick will be a worthy substitute to viewing Speed Racer on the big screen.

When I was at Disney this past Easter, I got to see everyone's stunt doubles performing some of the scenes they'd be doing in the movie. I can honestly say, it's going to be fucking amazing.

My friend and I were going to see that instead of Speed Racer, but our other friend also wanted to see Indian Jones, so we're just waiting for him now.

Socks Mahoney

きげん 痴熊 - Kigen Sakuma (Humorous Pedobear)
Out of those movies, Beowulf sucked, though. Speed Racer was, however, the tits.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Oh, there's not disagreement that Beowulf sucked, but you can't argue that it's special effects were not fan-fucking-tastic. That was the entire reason I went.

Nazo

Staff member
Really? So it's good? Do want to see it now.