Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Naruto Ages

SeanFury

I can see the venom in your eyes-
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are all 12 at the begining of the series and 15 when it ends.

However, Naruto has failed the final exam to become a Genin three times. Unless we assume the Ninja Academy is unlike our schools, and you can take these tests whenever without retaking all the classes, this would have to make Naruto three years older than everyone else.

Can anyone explain?

W

William

Naruto has failed the final exam to become a Genin three times.

I don't think so. He failed once. After that, he wasn't even IN the village. He was away training with Jiraiya for those three years.

SeanFury

No, he failed the test to become a Genin three times. He says it multiple times during the series and the time he's away with Jiraiya is after they take the Chuunin Exam and the Hokage is killed.

One example:
Wikipedia on Uzumaki Naruto said:
Yet, they can do little for the young ninja with little talent who has failed, on numerous attempts, the final exam, a test that requires student to demonstrate their jutsu, specifically the Bunshin no Jutsu, or Clone Technique.

Numerous attempts. And he says it himself in one of the episodes he's fighting Neji.

W

William

Nevermind. Misread that one. I read Genin as Chuunin. Sorry!

He is the same age as Sasuke and Sakura, so one would assume that Naruto was enrolled in the academy before the both of them were. Since he didn't have any parents, it would make sense considering you can be enrolled in the academy at an age as early as 6.

W

William

Yeah. There's a lot of theories going around about that.

Such as...

Yondaime = Naruto's father
Naruto = Yondaime reincarnated
Yondaime = Naruto's father + is still alive + leader of Akatsuki.

I'd like to believe that Yondaime is Naruto's father though. It makes sense.

SeanFury

There's no way Yondaime can still be alive, and there's also no way Naruto can be his reincarnation since he was already a small infant when Yondaime died during the fight with the Nine Tails. I mean, he may have been really kick ass, but so was the Nine Tails.

ReignLord

Feelin' Fine
I know that Naruto is twelve in the beginning of the series and I dont think the series is going to end until he becomes hokage. ( I doubt he has skipped any grades).