Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mega Man 9?

Venom

This board needs more posts.

Anyways, a while back, some rumors were floating around about Mega Man 9 (note that I'm not counting Mega Man & Bass as Mega Man 9), but nothing really came to light. Capcom has taken the series in many different directions, what with the Zero, Battle Network, and X series, so it would seem safe to assume that the original series is never going to resurface. Or is it? Do you think Capcom will ever give in to the demands of fans to release a Mega Man 9? And what system would they likely release it on?

I doubt they'll ever do it, seeing as they're too focused on putting out new Battle Network games all the damn time, as well as continuing the Zero series. The X series hasn't seen anything since X8, and that was the closest thing anyone would get to the original series of games. I think if they did actually make a Mega Man 9, it should be for DS, to keep the 2D style graphics. If it was released on a current-gen home console they would be inclined to make it a 3D game, or make it similar to X8 (in the sense that it's 2D gameplay with 3D graphics) so I feel the DS would be a fitting home for a new installment to the classic series. Your thoughts?

Jeffrey

Call me for a good time. Dial 1-800-Hotgirl (Not r
I'm all for Mega Man 9. I liked the X series because of Zero more so than Mega Man and I even liked the Legends series. However, I believe that if they were to make Mega Man 9 here's what I would like to see. Clean up the graphics (2D). Make the 2D graphics really clean and when I mean clean I mean polished to the smallest pixel. Make it multi-platform. I believe it is capable enough to go on all systems including the DS and PSP. Also, from Mega Man 9 on when you kill a villain you should be able to combine various powers to make a new stronger attack.

Give Megaman a new fighting ability. He has a gun, one arm, and two legs. He should be able to use other body parts to attack with other than just his gun. I see nothing wrong with Mega Man being able to have a combo to attack his enemies with especially if they make the robot enemies more complex to kill. Furthermore, could they make Mega Man faster? He's a robot for Godsakes. How many Mega Man games do you need where the enemy is three to five times faster than you will ever be?

Lastly, to compete in online gaming, make your Mega Men compete and customizable. You can compete in various environments similar to that of other multi-dimensional 2D fighting games such as Naruto Ultimate Ninja. With the customizing, new combos, and combined powers that could be very doable.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
It's ashame, I don't really care for the Battle Network or Zero games too much :(

Mega ManX8 was good, but the original and X series seem to be unofficially "dead" so that Capcom can focus on making shitty quasi-RPG's for the Pokemon crowd.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
It's ashame, I don't really care for the Battle Network or Zero games too much :(

Mega ManX8 was good, but the original and X series seem to be unofficially "dead" so that Capcom can focus on making shitty quasi-RPG's for the Pokemon crowd.

Lmfao, well-stated, my friend. Yeah, I could never get into the X series, and I even bought the fuckin' Megaman X collection. Just something about it that I couldn't get used to.... I prefer the original Megaman series and Megaman Legends (yeah, flame, see if I care) over any other version.

Lanza

The only Megaman games I like are the classic ones. :(

Nazo

Staff member
MMX should've stayed 2D, in my humble opinion. 3D X just seems... stupid. It's kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog. He fucking rocked in the 2D, side scrolling games, but when he went 3D, shit started fucking up.

Marcius

MMX should've stayed 2D, in my humble opinion. 3D X just seems... stupid. It's kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog. He fucking rocked in the 2D, side scrolling games, but when he went 3D, shit started fucking up.

Dude...I SO agree with you. Nowadays Sonic just seems to be a one-player racing game. It's fuckin' stupid. I hate how most 2D oriented games turn for the worst when making the transition into the 3D realm. I mean, it can't be THAT hard, can it?

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
I really would not mind a Megaman 9 game. I am a huge Megaman fan, I own both the collections released for Gamecube and beaten every game on them. The new ZX series is pretty fun, but is far away from the core of Megaman games.

I recently played Megaman: Maverick Hunter X for PSP and let me tell you, that game is GORGEOUS. 2.5D at it's best. While the game overall was basically the same MMX experiences with new coating, I REALLY enjoyed the Vile campaign. Playing with him was just so much more fun and varied, as he had tons of weapons to use and it made the same bosses and patterns a whole new kinda game.

But I've strayed from my point, if a Megaman 9 IS released, it should be on the PSP. It's a really sexy handheld and more than perfectly equipped to handle the game.

PKT

Forever /a/lone
I liked the original series a lot and I like almost every megaman game I've played. I'd greatly appreciate a mm9 game.

Marcius

Yup, it ain't happening EVAR. Sorry...Capcom's too busy with the other franchises to ever go back to when the series was actually fuckin' win.

Low-Budget Adult Filmmaker

<font color=blue>Fuck.
Speaking of Mega Man.... Question: Do I want Mega Man ZX Advent? It's 23.99 on amazon.com. I already have the first Mega Man ZX, and I'm kinda ehh about it because the only apparent differences appear to be the ability to morph into actual bosses (a lot of which I heard are crappy), the ability to attack in human form, and medal challenges. The actual Biometals are the same ones from the original game, though.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Condemnations and damnations?

EDIT: K, just realized how off-topic this was, but I believed this would make a stupid standalone thread so liek sue me klfjasklgfhasjklj.

Archangel Sabre

Staff member
Yeah, I doubt Capcom would just turn around and abruptly decide to make another of the classic series. And even if they did, it would just stick out like a sore thumb, they'd probably screw around with the original gameplay that made the original series, hype up the graphics and change everything that made the originals distinct. It would essentially be just another Mega Man game with "9" thrown on so that the classic fans would buy it.

Though I see nothing wrong with the spin-offs they've created in the meantime. Mega Man X was great fun, and the games I've played in the Battle Network series have been fairly entertaining.

C

Carlos

Mega Man 9 needs to be released. It would have been the most anticipated Mega Man game to date. I don't think Capcom gets it.