Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is your computer up to the latest standards?

The Liztress

Poison Pink
My laptop is good minus having Vista on it. I think it can play most anything, though.

Nazo

Staff member
My computer will be at 'standards' once I order the 8600 GT 512 MB card. :)

Ted

Owls don't lie.
I got my computer about two years ago. It's good for the games I have. I don't have too many new games. The newest one is probably Call of Duty 2. I'm too cheap to pay more than $30 for a game. The next PC game I'll probably get will be Medieval 2: Total War. I'll be very happy if my system can run that.
As pointed out earlier, paying $50 for a game like WoW, then paying a monthly subscription fee is like slicing yourself with a salt knife, then sprinkling a bit of salt on the wound every now and then just to keep it fresh and painful. At least, that's what the gameplay experience of those games is like to me.

Lanza

It used to be— But now I only have access to this computer, with standards of 1997.

Lanza

My PC used to— But now I have one up to the standards of 1997.

Archangel Sabre

Staff member
The specs on my laptop are decent enough, though I've yet to buy a single game for it.

Perhaps I should check some out. I'd probably need a mouse first, though. XD

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
(this is not rainbow deluxe)

my laptop pwns you all...

2.0ghz Intel Dual Core

2gb Ram

260GB HDD

HD DvD player

(2x) nVidia 8600M GT (currently running SLi)

Toshiba X205-SLi1

Got it really cheap $1,800 from best buy.

:]

Nazo

Staff member
Protip: A laptop's power is ALWAYS second to a PC.

Also: I've made upgrades. I'm above standards now.

AMD Athlon 64, 1.9 GHz x2- Dual Core Processor 3600+. (I will be getting a 4800+ or 5000+ to catch up with my RAM) Currently tops out at 5.0 GHz

3 gigs of RAM

SLI ready--EVGA- nVidia- e-GeForce 8600 GT, 256 MB DDR3 video RAM, 128 bit. If I OC'd it (Overclocked it) I could double it's strength and be just as good if not better than SLI'd cards. I can currently run Crysis on medium settings.

250GB HDD (Soon to be 500 GB once I get another one.)

Dell Dimension E512. 520 bucks. >_>

Don't let the brand name fool you. It may be a Dell, however, I've put more money into it than it costed. A lot more. In fact, the only Dell part is the case. >.>

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
When I get money saved, I've decided to get a laptop as well. This laptop I'm looking at is going to cost $4,000 and will run Crysis easily at max settings and max resolution. I'm not going to get it right away, as I'll be away for a long, long time. But I'm pretty excited nonetheless. But one thing that gets me is what's the point? Why spend so much money just on a PC for gaming? I'm thinking about just getting dat PS Triple and the Wii and call it even. That's my dilemma, obviously: forgo the PC gaming community for two consoles or vice versa. Needless to say, I'll have my mind decided on a system once I'm out of bootcamp and rearing to go with my career.

PKT

Forever /a/lone
my computer would barely be able to run WoW/Vista if I upgraded my graphics card.

Nazo

Staff member
What does Vista have to do with graphics? Vista is a memory hungry OS. When you have a GB of RAM, you know how much you really are using? Relatively HALF of it.

Vista. Fails. On. All. Epic. Proportions.

Cataphrak

Freikorps Fleet Admiral
Hopefully, when Microsoft finally ships some decent updates for Vista, it'll be less of a RAM hog. Then again, considering all the crap that Microsoft tends to cram in those updates, they'll probably end up being double edged swords.

Schatten Der Nacht

Tis me.
Staff member
Vista is the worst thing to ever hit computers. And I am comparing that to RedFlag

blue_screen_still.jpg

Rorschach

It would have saved me a lot of tedious reading if the majority of you just said "no".

Nazo

Staff member
Btw, if you cannot run Crysis, it doesn't mean you're not up to standards, though most of you already know this. It takes an 8800 GT SLI x2 to run it completely smooth. But running two of those babies require a VERY GOOD cooling system. I'm running an 8600 GT, and I could run it at MAYBE low settings, but who likes to play low settings...?

Then again, it's possible to run Crysis with one 8800 GT or even an 8600 GT. Just gotta have the right set up. An AMD Athlon 6000+ would be nice... I should get me one when I get a job. That's the only thing my PC fails at is the processor. :\ I'm running a freaking AMD Athlon 3600+. Though it may be dual core and top out at 5.2 GHz... IT SUCKS! Everything else is a go.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Btw, if you cannot run Crysis, it doesn't mean you're not up to standards, though most of you already know this. It takes an 8800 GT SLI x2 to run it completely smooth. But running two of those babies require a VERY GOOD cooling system. I'm running an 8600 GT, and I could run it at MAYBE low settings, but who likes to play low settings...?

Then again, it's possible to run Crysis with one 8800 GT or even an 8600 GT. Just gotta have the right set up. An AMD Athlon 6000+ would be nice... I should get me one when I get a job. That's the only thing my PC fails at is the processor. :\ I'm running a freaking AMD Athlon 3600+. Though it may be dual core and top out at 5.2 GHz... IT SUCKS! Everything else is a go.

Yeah, from what I hear, there doesn't exist a computer out there with a CPU or GPU powerful enough to run Crysis not only at max settings, but also at MAX RESOLUTION. Sure, with the most powerful computer out there, you can run Crysis at about 30 FPS at most at maximum resolution and also max settings, but don't expect to see 60 FPS, which people are freaking out over. Give it some time and there'll be a graphics card that'll be out able to pimp smack Crysis' raggedy ass like it ain't no thang. Speaking of which, Nvidia's announced an upcoming graphics card...

Follow the link for more details...

Nvidia's Upcoming GeForce 9800 X2, Spotted in the Wild - Some real competition for AMD's HD 3870 X2 - Softpedia

It still has quite a bit of work up ahead for it, but expect it to be amazing...and also expect it to have 3 different revisions released several months after its original release, lmao

Nazo

Staff member
Yeah, from what I hear, there doesn't exist a computer out there with a CPU or GPU powerful enough to run Crysis not only at max settings, but also at MAX RESOLUTION. Sure, with the most powerful computer out there, you can run Crysis at about 30 FPS at most at maximum resolution and also max settings, but don't expect to see 60 FPS, which people are freaking out over. Give it some time and there'll be a graphics card that'll be out able to pimp smack Crysis' raggedy ass like it ain't no thang. Speaking of which, Nvidia's announced an upcoming graphics card...

Follow the link for more details...

Nvidia's Upcoming GeForce 9800 X2, Spotted in the Wild - Some real competition for AMD's HD 3870 X2 - Softpedia

It still has quite a bit of work up ahead for it, but expect it to be amazing...and also expect it to have 3 different revisions released several months after its original release, lmao

Aye. Now, I will say Roger Smith's computer can run it at max setting, but only at 1024 x 768. He's running an 8800 GT and a 6000+ Processor with 2 gigs of RAM. His max res is 1280 x 1024, but can't run it at that high, on Max Settings, however, I mean, he can run it at Medium at full res, but it WILL run a bit slower.

Keira

Stainless Steel Mouse
Nope. Mainly because it's a laptop. With Vista. Blergh.

However my Mac with XP is awesome.