Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Halo 3.

The Bill

tf2 is a good game
It's a bug or something, my friend got charged for a 2nd year while his 360 was broke.

Cletus

I've seen both of them, they're pretty cool. Supposed to be like, testing the technology they'll be using for the movies or something.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
Movie's cancelled...atleast by the original dierector. Someone else might pick it up...or not.

Darth Arkas

RC-1138
It's not like they'll actually follow the story. No one ever will.

I don't understand why they can't just make the movie like the game plays out and dictates. We all know no one plays through a game EXACTLY the same as anyone else. Seriously, play through the game in segments. Film immediately following that exactly what the player did. No one will know the difference. Unless he died and had to respawn. That's different.

Cletus

Movie's cancelled...atleast by the original dierector. Someone else might pick it up...or not.

It was already picked up by Neil, foo'. It'll probably be out in like...2009 or 2010.

Also, AK, it can still follow the story of Halo even if it has nothing to do with what happened in the games. Halo (The first one) is like a sequel....to a novel...if that made sense. It starts with the immediate following of the Battle of Reach (which is depicted in one of the books, telling you how the Pillar of Autumn got to where it is in the game), read the book to get it. It could be based off of that battle, even though you never saw it in any of the games, or it could be based off the Taming of the Hunters, for instance. It could be based off of what happened in between Halo 2 and 3 (Although the comics tell that story, so it would be kind of pointless). Point being, they never said it was going to be about what happened in the games, there's plenty of other battles and stuff to base it off of.

Anyway yeah, the three videos Nightstalker was talking about or whatever....are:

Arms Race.

Combat.

Last One Standing.

The videos were meant to be viewed in Hi-Def, these three are in Reg-Def, so they aren't as good looking.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
It was already picked up by Neil, foo'. It'll probably be out in like...2009 or 2010.

Also, AK, it can still follow the story of Halo even if it has nothing to do with what happened in the games. Halo (The first one) is like a sequel....to a novel...if that made sense. It starts with the immediate following of the Battle of Reach (which is depicted in one of the books, telling you how the Pillar of Autumn got to where it is in the game), read the book to get it. It could be based off of that battle, even though you never saw it in any of the games, or it could be based off the Taming of the Hunters, for instance. It could be based off of what happened in between Halo 2 and 3 (Although the comics tell that story, so it would be kind of pointless). Point being, they never said it was going to be about what happened in the games, there's plenty of other battles and stuff to base it off of.

Anyway yeah, the three videos Nightstalker was talking about or whatever....are:

Arms Race.

Combat.

Last One Standing.

The videos were meant to be viewed in Hi-Def, these three are in Reg-Def, so they aren't as good looking.

Neil was the one who directed these vids, I believe. But a couple of days ago, this came up:
"The film is entirely dead. In the configuration it was in. Whatever happens with that movie, assuming that movie gets made, will be a totally different configuration," Blomkamp informed Creativity-Online.com. "It's not so much me as the entire vessel sank. Basically, it was a combination of; there were two studios involved that weren't getting along in the process of making it, Universal and Fox. That kind of stuff happens, it's a fragile industry. So the film collapsed at the end of last year, and it's been dead, ever since then. I'll be curious to see what happens."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/825/825257p1.html

Cletus

Yes, Neil directed those three...but that's got to be fake, the third one of those videos just came out like...a week or two ago, the others weren't too far behind it. How would it have gotten made if they stopped fiddling with all that shit last year?

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
The first came out during E3 and the second came out in August. And even if the third one came out a couple of weeks ago, Neil probably made them last year or the year before.

Cletus

That fails, I was looking forward to the movie.

The third one came out for that new show Last One Standing or something. It was on the site for that show as an "exclusive look".

Schatten Der Nacht

Tis me.
Staff member
Jesus. I watch things based on amazing acting skill, good plot, and how I feel after the movie.

Where's the nudity?

Cletus

God damn, I'm so fucking tired of all these fucking sniper whores in match making. What the fuck is wrong with those people? It's like they don't fucking realize it's the most unbalanced weapon in the the whole god damned game, respectable players don't use shit like that unless you're in a god damned custom game, keep that shit out of the ranked matches. It's too easy to "no-scope" so it's pretty much like a shotgun, and it can be used as a one-hit-kill weapon at medium and long range, why the hell didn't Bungie nerf that shit to make it a bit more fair?

I just played like 7 double team games, and every single time me and my brother got put against some faggot that fapped uncontrollably at the sight of a sniper, it's so fucking ridiculous how powerful and unbalanced the damn thing is. We didn't rank up even once the entire time because these douche bags wouldn't fucking grow a pair and drop the damn sniper.

/rant

Nazo

Staff member
... Snipers got skills yo. If you can get away with shooting people from a far without being seen and/or found, then have the people come back and bitch about it, they've done their job. I'm a sniper, and I pwn at it. :cookie:

Though it does get boring, so I'll take up a shotty or whatever and run in, or if I'm called out, I'll agree and fucking blast some heads.

You should play G.R.A.W. online if you don't already. That shit is fun on an elimination match.

Cletus

You don't have to be unseen to be a sniper in Halo, you can just run out into the open and start getting head shots left and right, I've done it before, and it's cheap as shit. I hate the sniper rifle because it takes almost no skill to use in Halo, in other games, yeah, it does, but I'm talking about Halo here. It is so easy to win a game without using anything but the sniper rifle, it's just so fucking cheap, they need to slow the rate of fire, make it a bolt action single round rifle or something. So when you shoot, you have to move the bolt back, put a new bullet it, and push the bolt forward again before you can shoot again, that way at least it will be a little harder to get two body shots for an easy skill. Bottom line, it's cheap. Yeah, in real life, and in G.R.A.W., it takes skill to use and you have to try to remain hidden, but in Halo, it is cheap as fucking hell, and it pisses me off when people go crazy with it.

Also; Rocket Launchers are verily gay-eth.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
You know what game needs skills to snipe? Gears....honestly. And getting that headshot is more satisfying than winning a game.

Darth Arkas

RC-1138
^ True story. A good clean headshot in that game is honestly hard for me in campaign. I'm not kidding. I haven't played it online, because none of my friends w/ Live own it, but I can imagine how hard it is against real people, w/ brians.
No, that's not a typo. Go watch Red vs Blue.

On topic note:
I honestly don't get sniped too terribly often. I mean yeah, it happens, but I've never played several games in which anyone was just dominating w/ said rifle. It's got its uses, just like the sword. I'd say the sword is the most overpowered weapon because you really do need 2+ people to kill the guy unless you get behind him and light his ass up before he notices you, or it's a n00b w/ the sword and you assassinate him. That works too, and I've done it.

What bothers me is when people quit. It's like they don't care at all that you lvl down if you quit.

Crossover

Unoriginal Gangsta
You don't have to be unseen to be a sniper in Halo, you can just run out into the open and start getting head shots left and right, I've done it before, and it's cheap as shit. I hate the sniper rifle because it takes almost no skill to use in Halo, in other games, yeah, it does, but I'm talking about Halo here. It is so easy to win a game without using anything but the sniper rifle, it's just so fucking cheap, they need to slow the rate of fire, make it a bolt action single round rifle or something. So when you shoot, you have to move the bolt back, put a new bullet it, and push the bolt forward again before you can shoot again, that way at least it will be a little harder to get two body shots for an easy skill. Bottom line, it's cheap. Yeah, in real life, and in G.R.A.W., it takes skill to use and you have to try to remain hidden, but in Halo, it is cheap as fucking hell, and it pisses me off when people go crazy with it.

Also; Rocket Launchers are verily gay-eth.

You say that, but I personally can't snipe for shit. I will never win that way. I need to get up close and personal.