Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Halo 3 makes 170 Million in 20 hours!

PropMaster

Smurfly
Staff member
This seems almost too incredible to believe.

"In an announcement that surprised no one, Microsoft casually mentioned today that Halo 3 sold 170 million dollars worth of games in its first day of sales. Halo 3 is now the biggest one day selling item in US entertainment history, beating out previous bests of Harry Potter, book 7, and Spider-Man 3.

Microsoft also reported that well over a million people signed onto Xbox live in that time period, making it the busiest day in Live history. It is hard to figure out exactly how many units sold as there are three different sku’s, one of which sold for three times the asking price of the normal, but as soon as we have units sold mygamer.com will report on them."

Source:

myGamer.com

O

OscarTheGrouch

I saw this on EF a little while ago. Thats a lot of cash. M$ must be very happy. And I wish I had a xbox 360 too :(

Jeffrey

Call me for a good time. Dial 1-800-Hotgirl (Not r
lol this beat Harry Potter's seventh book? That makes me sad. Very sad.

Hilarious. Just hilarious.

Ok......I'm happy for XBox that this happened. However, my only concern for XBox is what happens after Halo 3? The Wii and PS3 have only been out for a year and have a lot of growing to do. This is not to say that XBox still can't grow but Halo is pretty much XBox's biggest game (their bread and butter). The Wii will continue to hash out sequels of Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and Super Smash Brothers while Playstation will be bringing out MGS4, FF XIII, Gran Turismo, God of War 3, and more than likely Heavenly Sword 2 eventually. As of now the only thing I see in XBox's future that can stand against the other two systems next year is Bioshock 2, Forza 3, and GTA 4.

Venom

Not suprising at all, since Halo 3 was probably the most anticipated game of 2007. I myself contributed to the growing sales yesterday. :)

Cletus

This comes as no surprise to me, or any other person on the planet I'm sure. There will be more Halo games in the future obviously, they already announced Halo Wars, they announced another game, but there is no information on it as of now. I wonder if any of those will surpass this game in sales?

As of now the only thing I see in XBox's future that can stand against the other two systems next year is Bioshock 2, Forza 3, and GTA 4.

There are plenty of exclusives on the way that people will love, Kane & Lynch, Army of Two, Gears of War 2, and so on.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
As of now the only thing I see in XBox's future that can stand against the other two systems next year is Bioshock 2, Forza 3, and GTA 4.

...Bioshock 2? Are you serious?

And what about the other games coming out for the 360? Assassin's Creed, CoD4, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Mass Effect. Shall I go on?

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member

And what about the other games coming out for the 360? Assassin's Creed, CoD4, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Mass Effect. Shall I go on?

were talking about exclusives here.

and while im on that topic, gta4 is not an exclusive either.

Jeffrey

I work at Blockbuster Video and I know how extremely popular Bioshock is, so it's obvious that they would create Bioshock 2, but my guess is not to expect part 2 until late 2008 or 2009. By the way Wiki, when I talk about future games I'm talking about games in general that would keep the 360 afloat amid the competition.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
ports wont make a difference though, exclusives are what will keep a system alive.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Most exclusives are barely mentionable. The 360, ableit its games aren't exclusive, is going to continue kicking PS3's ass. Who really wants to spend $599 (or whatever the hell it costs) to get a PS3, when you can play the same games that it has on a cheaper console that looks JUST as good as blu ray? And anyway, Microsoft and Sony weren't ever quite exactly renowned for their first-party endeavors; t hat's Nintendo for ya'. Nintendo are the kings of first-party games imo.

Jeffrey

Most exclusives are barely mentionable. The 360, ableit its games aren't exclusive, is going to continue kicking PS3's ass. Who really wants to spend $599 (or whatever the hell it costs) to get a PS3, when you can play the same games that it has on a cheaper console that looks JUST as good as blu ray? And anyway, Microsoft and Sony weren't ever quite exactly renowned for their first-party endeavors; t hat's Nintendo for ya'. Nintendo are the kings of first-party games imo.

I bought a PS3 and despite the lack of games I'm very happy with it. I think you are underestimating the exclusives on both systems especially on the PS3. Mind you, the PS3 probably has the best fighter out today in the Tekken series, they have the revolutionary car game Gran Turismo, one of the most anticipated games of 2008 in Metal Gear Solid 4, possibly the biggest RPG of next year with Final Fantasy XIII. Not to mention good games that are on the PS2 such as Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2.

The XBox 360 came out an entire year before the other systems so they had an advantage and they took advantage of it. I'll admit that XBox is the king of shooters and they have made great advancements from the original XBox but you should never count out the competition. I'm sure a year ago no one expected the Wii to sell over 11 million units despite a weak gaming library.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
ps3 has the best fighter but its deffinatly not tekken, virua fighter holds that position. If you put the time frames side by side, and what i mean is look at the first months the 360 was out and the first months the ps3 was out, the 360 isnt really outselling it at all.

chaleur spectrale

flori veştejite

I'd still rather have a ps3 than an anything xbox or nintendo.... lol

Jeffrey

ps3 has the best fighter but its deffinatly not tekken, virua fighter holds that position. If you put the time frames side by side, and what i mean is look at the first months the 360 was out and the first months the ps3 was out, the 360 isnt really outselling it at all.

Virtua Fighter is not fluid enough. It has almost the same type of movement and timing as Dead or Alive. Plus, the fact that they still have ring outs after 5 games is cheesy. Add to that the fact that you have to hit a button to block and that is a recipe for number 2 in my book.