Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Guild FAQ

Roger Smith

Hail humans take heed. This is the carrier, Shadow
This FAQ will explain what the Negotiating Guild is all about. The Guild solves problems relating to member and board issues. For example, if two members get into a squabble, they inform a member of the Guild and they explain the problem to the member. If the case is serious, then the Guild will go into "court" and come up with a verdict. If the offense is serious the verdict could be banning. I hope this answers any questions anyone had, if you DO have a question...PM me.

~Roger Smith Guildmaster

ProtoJMB

Gone
The Guild was founded by Roger Smith, and pretty much takes care of all matters pertaining to the board. Like RS said, if there is any problems, the Guild sorts them out.

The Guild is not a cool "club", with the same old members. It consists of 5 members, 4 voted in + Roger Smith. There will be semi-annual elections held every Aprill and October. There is one week of nominations, and then one week of voting. Elections are for everyone except Admins and Super Mods since they can get into the Guild room without the password. Members remain in office until the new members are voted in. Members will get a password to get in, but this password will change each year. Admins/Super Mods act as standing trustees, and enforcers of verdicts the guild may pass.

So the point to all this is pretty much to make GO like a community, and also to have some fun. If you have any questions about the Guild you can PM Roger Smith, or myself.

Sabreydoo

all praise their sacrificed sons
So, I assume that the guild now consists of Shuffler, Dark, Gollum, Stinger, Roger, Sean and Archaos as proper members, and all the super mods/admins automatically have some avail of influence, yet aren't counted as proper members? Or am I reading too far into this? :p

Roger Smith

Hail humans take heed. This is the carrier, Shadow
You are correct. Admin and Smods won't be official members, but since they can easily see all the stuff the Guild is doing, they are somewhat part of the assosiation. Like Proto said, they will be trustees, helping the Guild carry out actions and such. And the current members will stay untill the new members are selected, which will happen in a few short weeks.

D Virus

Voice of Pale
May I be on the commitee? I tend not to become biased even when I know the people.

ProtoJMB

Gone
D Virus said:
May I be on the commitee? I tend not to become biased even when I know the people.

Sorry, we already have our members for this term. We will be electing new members in April thought, and you can run for office then.

D Virus

Voice of Pale
Could you give me a heads up on what I have to do to qualify for such a job?

Also, since this seems like a government system, mind telling me how I would rise up the political ranks?

ProtoJMB

Gone
D Virus said:
Could you give me a heads up on what I have to do to qualify for such a job?

Also, since this seems like a government system, mind telling me how I would rise up the political ranks?

Well you already said that you aren't biased, which is really good right there.

It isn't really a government system, there are no political ranks. Everyone just votes for members who they think would be suited best for the job, and everything the guild does is explained in the first two posts.

D Virus

Voice of Pale
Got it. Thank you very much. Will there be a place to post for candidacy during the voting time, and if so, where?

ProtoJMB

Gone
Dark said:
The Pavilion.

Actually no, that's not right. It would be in the new community boards. I need to talk to Roger Smith when he is done with his computer troubles, because the way we had it set up last time, we would nominate the people and then vote for them, but I would rather have the people run for the position.

Sabreydoo

all praise their sacrificed sons
Note also that it'd be a subforum of the community board.