Grandparents

Discussion in 'Rainbow Carnage' started by Elle Lawliet, May 22, 2008.

1. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I believe everyone has, what Yes, Dear refers to as the A Set Grandparents and B Set Grandparents. You love both, but prefer to see the first more then the latter...but some people are lucky enough to have two great sets of Grandparents.

I actually have three sets of Grandparents and about five Grandfathers.

*shakes head*

My one Grandmom, my mom's mom, is definitely my favorite Grandmom of all time. You know the silly stories you see on TV, Grandmoms that bake cookies, and send cards with like forty dollars in it, buy expensive presents on birthdays ad Christmas...that's her. She's definitely the most fun too. She's not an old lady in any way, shape, or form (despite being over seventy).
  2. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

I have two grandmothers, grew up without either. I have that unconditional love that one should have for all their family members, but I never bonded with any and have few emotional ties with either.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

My maternal grandparents were both dead for years before I was born, my grandfather on that side for over two decades.

My paternal grandparents are alright. My grandmother is 82 but still surprisingly energetic. Probably tougher than I am. Hell, I know she is.
  4. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Well, let's see. When both sets of grandparents were alive, I did have the A set and B set type. I prefered spending time with my mom's parents because they would spoil (and still do) Anna and myself to death. My dad's parents on the other hand were a little tougher on Anna and myself, but considering we were the youngest grandchildren, they spoiled us as well. It was just harder to go and see them since my parents divorced. And now, I regret now spending time with them as Grandma Edith died back in February and Grandpa Joe is getting there. :/
  5. Venom Well-Known Member

I never had the A and B type, but I never really had 2 "sets" of grandparents to begin with. I had my maternal grandfather until 2001, but my maternal grandmother died not long after I was born. My paternal grandfather died long ago, while my dad was still young even, and my paternal grandmother died very shortly after I was born. My paternal grandmother remarried so I have a stepgrandfather, and when she died he remarried so I also have a stepgrandmother, but I rarely get to see them due to work schedules and other problems because they're about an 8 hour drive from here. Still, I didn't prefer seeing one over the other.