Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

God— As illogical as the Big Bang Theory?

Lanza

Yes, time is an endless thing— yes, time has always been with us, as time would be the beginning of any branch of matter or life. I agree that the Big Bang Theory is flawed on the substratum that time is an endless figure in every form of history that is required in the creation of anything. But if you delve into that a little further, wouldn't that also make the existence of God an impossibility as well? Yes, the theory is that God is transcendent of time and that he created time, but how would that be so when any and all forms of matter anywhere require some form of age to be created? That would be quite perversed— even if an omnipotent being can exceed time, there would have to be a period within his infinite existence where time did not exist for this deity, and arguing otherwise would make no sense. When time is not present in the state of which the being would reside, how would the creation of time occur without the requirement of any period of age in the establishment of time and age? The short answer would be that "God" couldn't possibly be above time, because then the process of creating anything after the first form of anything would be undeniably fallacious. Do tell how I'm mistaken, however.

Archangel Sabre

Staff member
The concept and nature of time itself has actually intregued me for quite a while now. It astounds me that something like time, which we take for granted as being a constant and precise measure, is actually relative and changes all around us based on speed in relation to everything else. Even if such differences are completely imperceptable in our every day lives, it makes me wonder what other types time might exist in some other universe. Time as we know it is technically directly correlated to the space we live in, so it seems perfectly plausible to me that there existed no standard of time within our Universe before space was created with the Big Bang. But I also imagine that the Big Bang, and with it our entire Universe, is nothing but some sort of side-effect born from an even greater universe, perhaps one with a standard of time that would be completely imcomprehensible to us; a form of time that has neither a beginning or end, but is nonetheless not infinite. Personally, I'd love to see what a world with two- or three-dimensions of time would be like. I'd also love to see what other kinds of dimensions can exist, beyond the comprehensible spacetime we see in our every day lives.

Of course, it's nothing but complete speculation on my part, probably comparable to religion itself. But it certainly makes the Universe and its origins seem interesting, at least to me. Hell, scientists predict that some 96% of all the mass in the Universe is either dark matter or dark energy, neither of which we know a whole lot about. Such uncertainty is just begging for harmless and imaginitive fun!

Lanza

The concept and nature of time itself has actually intregued me for quite a while now. It astounds me that something like time, which we take for granted as being a constant and precise measure, is actually relative and changes all around us based on speed in relation to everything else. Even if such differences are completely imperceptable in our every day lives, it makes me wonder what other types time might exist in some other universe. Time as we know it is technically directly correlated to the space we live in, so it seems perfectly plausible to me that there existed no standard of time within our Universe before space was created with the Big Bang. But I also imagine that the Big Bang, and with it our entire Universe, is nothing but some sort of side-effect born from an even greater universe, perhaps one with a standard of time that would be completely imcomprehensible to us; a form of time that has neither a beginning or end, but is nonetheless not infinite. Personally, I'd love to see what a world with two- or three-dimensions of time would be like. I'd also love to see what other kinds of dimensions can exist, beyond the comprehensible spacetime we see in our every day lives.

Of course, it's nothing but complete speculation on my part, probably comparable to religion itself. But it certainly makes the Universe and its origins seem interesting, at least to me. Hell, scientists predict that some 96% of all the mass in the Universe is either dark matter or dark energy, neither of which we know a whole lot about. Such uncertainty is just begging for harmless and imaginitive fun!
You're one of the only people whose posts I read thoroughly.