Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Games you've bought recently

The Liztress

Poison Pink
I picked up 2 games the other day, Folklore for PS3 and Burnout Paradise for 360. I wasn't planning on getting Folklore, but I saw a gameplay video, and it looked cool. Turns out it's awesome. Burnout is a ton of fun too.
I downloaded the demo for FolkLore, and might play it tonight. I got Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End for PS3 because I found it for $20 and I actually wanted to play it. Turns out that I'm enjoying it. Wes got the three Dot Hack G.U. games and Dirge of Cerberus game. Also, they were $20 a piece. Not a bad deal, I might say.

Low-Budget Adult Filmmaker

<font color=blue>Fuck.
Contra 4 (well, not so recently anymore), FFVI Advance, and looking to buy a PSP Daxter bundle with Portable Ops, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and more.

Venom

I picked up Ys: The Ark of Napishtim for PS2, and Romance of the 3 Kingdom III for Genesis a few days ago. Ys is pretty cool, but I only bought ROT3K because I thought I'd be able to sell it for more than I paid for it. Not sure if that's the case or not, I haven't checked. I also picked up two games earlier tonight, Mass Effect for 360 and Scarface: The World is Yours for PS2. Haven't played either yet.

Venom

I bought Twisted Metal: Head On Extra Twisted Edition for PS2 and Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles for DS. Out of the two, I've only played AC, and it's pretty good so far.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
No More Heroes, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Dragoneer's Aria (only because it was cheap), Gunpey DS, andApollo Justice: Ace Attorney (it's not out yet, but I've already paid for it via reservation).

Venom

I bought Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X yesterday. Great remake of a true classic.

Zandragna

Chaos Lord
I can find much, much worse deals for 10 bucks. Proof?
Fear Effect 2, 5 bucks.

The Polar Express for GC : 3 bucks!! The game sucks but it was hella cheep.

Edit: Most recent game would be pokemon diamond. It was fun but I beat it in less then 3 days. next I'm gonna get phantom hourglass, mario kart wii, then a psp w/ portable ops.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
o-o; I forgot about this thread. Instead of trying to reach back into the months of Feb and March, and the earlier part of April I will just list what I got from last week.

The World Ends With You, Persona 3: Fes, Ookami Wii, Rondo of Swords, Arcana Heart, and finally, Baroque.

Venom

Most recently I bought Bust-A-Move for SNES, but I also got GTAIV on Tuesday and Mario Kart Wii last Sunday.

Venom

I've bought a handful of games in the last few days:

No More Heroes (Wii)
Ghosts 'n' Goblins (GBC)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (GBA)
River City Ransom EX (GBA)
Viva Pinata: Party Animals (360)
Burgertime (NES)
Suikoden Tactics (PS2)
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (PS2)

Rocketbilly_Redcadillac

Painting Nintendo emblems one baby at a time!
I recently purchased King of Fighters 02/03 on XBox from Amazon for $14. It arrived today, and I popped '03 (the only real reason I bought the collection) into my 360...and received the incompatibility error message. You can check on the official list of backward compatible Xbox games, and it's on there, but only '02 works. KoF2002 is a fine game, but it's more of the same as the rest before '99.

To summate, '99 was among the first ones to really innovate the series, and '00 and '01 followed suit. KoF2002 was just next year's KoF after 2001. So not much for strides in excellence, but it does have its merits as a KoF in that generation of the series. 45 characters and secret boss characters is nothing to scoff at for any fighting game, and especially one as diverse as KoF, but it just seems more of an expansion on the two prior with no real change in pace or mechanics.

Most importantly, though, KoF2003 does NOT work for 360, as the gaming public is led to believe on the official list of games. It's not only my 360, because there are others posting on the forum there that express the same problem. So, if any of you are fans, please consider helping to make the B/C team aware of the problem and how much its remedy is desired.

Overdose Delusion

So strange what love does.
Grand Theft Auto IV, Mario Kart Wii and The World Ends With You.

I played some of Mario Kart Wii, which I enjoyed greatly. Very entertaining. I've always really enjoyed the Mario Kart games, even if they're not particularly deep or anything, just because they're great games to play if you're bored or stressed out and just want to have a lot of mindless fun. Some of the levels are really cool looking and neatly designed too, with the Rainbow Road being my personal favorite. The Wii-Wheel was also innovative and a lot of fun to use.

I haven't started Grand Theft Auto IV yet, but I plan to tonight. My husband has played some of it though, and he really likes it a lot. I've watched him play it and it looks pretty fun. I haven't played any of the GTA games before, except for a little bit of one on the PSP.

I haven't started The World Ends With You yet because my husband's been playing it and taking it with him to work. I do want to play it sometime though, because I've heard really good things about it and it looks like the type of game I'd like.

Rocketbilly_Redcadillac

Painting Nintendo emblems one baby at a time!
I played some of Mario Kart Wii, which I enjoyed greatly. Very entertaining. I've always really enjoyed the Mario Kart games, even if they're not particularly deep or anything, just because they're great games to play if you're bored or stressed out and just want to have a lot of mindless fun. Some of the levels are really cool looking and neatly designed too, with the Rainbow Road being my personal favorite. The Wii-Wheel was also innovative and a lot of fun to use.

I'd have to agree with the "mindless fun" but, well, except I didn't have any fun. Granted, I wasn't playing with the Wiil, but that hardly has anything to do with how the game's mechanics function. Oh, don't mistake, they weren't faulty, but they left me wanting more, a lot more. I can jump from 12th to 2nd place by basically holding A and moving the stick around a little; there's really nothing in the way of skill you need to win, let alone to play.

The game is also almost entirely based on chance. There are so many random offenses and boosts that it's nearly impossible to know what place you'll be in 30 seconds before the race is over. I'd much prefer to play without any of the boosts/power-ups, really. Even THEN the game lacks a lot in certain aspects of level design. Sometimes the textures on the side of cliff look nearly identical to what's on the ledge. Sure, after you've remembered the course, it's fine, but it's still an inexcusable flaw on the graphical development team's part. On that note, there's so much detail on the character models and vehicles, but so LITTLE in the courses. It doesn't even appear as though the drivers are in the environment. I'm seeing flower patches that look, no hyperbole intended, as though they were rendered on the N64 engine, and textures that aren't far behind.

A strength would be the terrains' effects on drivers, but previous entries have executed this principle much more strongly. If anything else, Motorstorm performed in this genre more than this game even seems to have the potential to.