Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Wire: The Game [Input Needed]

W

William

Alright, I've been thinking about making a RM2K(3) [RPG Maker] game featuring Game Wire members for the longest time now, so I figured I'd get off my lazy ass and get it moving along.

Now what I need help with is this:

- I need a storyline. It can be totally unrelated to Game Wire or it could involve the site itself (such as n00bs invade, etc.), so post whatever you can think of.

- I need each person that wants to pick their own sprite to do so, otherwise I will pick one out for them. You can look through the following sites:

http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=0&lang=en&area=Charasets&howmany=10&fsearch=
http://gamingw.net/resource/5

Or just search google for "sprite sheets", "chara sets", or something like that. Needs to be in sprite sheet format.

- I also need each person to pick out what class they want their character to be, what type of weapon(s) that character will use, your own personalized special attacks and/or magic spells, etc. As with the character sprite, you don't have to do this, but if you don't, I will make it up myself.

=========
Now what I'm thinking is that I will make it either where you can pick your 4-man team from all of the members at Game Wire at the beginning of the game or a Suikoden/FFVI-like game where you have to find the characters yourself and can change characters whenever you'd like via airship/castle/item/etc. So plenty of replay value.

So start replying.

The Prince of Persia

~Sand Weilder~
Now what I'm thinking is that I will make it either where you can pick your 4-man team from all of the members at Game Wire at the beginning of the game or a Suikoden/FFVI-like game where you have to find the characters yourself and can change characters whenever you'd like via airship/castle/item/etc. So plenty of replay value.

How about a combination of both? Then you can switch teams and character at will.

W

William

That might get a tad bit complicated (coding-wise). I could look into it, but I doubt I'll be able to do that, as if I were to have you pick your team at the beginning and then find the others (to change them all at will); I'd have to create a fork for each combination of team there would be (which would be...a lot). :confused:

The Prince of Persia

~Sand Weilder~
Ok, William I sorta thought you would have problems doing that, but if it was possible it would be great. However it involves more work on your behalf, and it may not be worth it at the end

W

William

Lol. Well, I'll still try. But for now I need some storyline ideas. :eek: And characters.

Oh and... Do you guys want this game to be:

Serious

Or

Funny

Or

Seriously Funny? :oscar:

If you choose seriously funny, then I will make fun of EVERYONE in the game in some way or another, including myself. So if that is picked as the popular choice, and you'd rather not be in the game, tell me now or forever hold your peace.

The Prince of Persia

~Sand Weilder~
Seriously Funny? :oscar:

If you choose seriously funny, then I will make fun of EVERYONE in the game in some way or another, including myself. So if that is picked as the popular choice, and you'd rather not be in the game, tell me now or forever hold your peace.

Yeah,seriously funny as in regards of the storyline, but an element of seriousness with the battles, etc.

W

William

Hmm... Should I keep the characters to ONLY Game Wire members/staff members OR should I throw in cameos from other games/tv shows/etc. for you to choose from (possibly only obtainable after a certain quest)?

Namakubi

Someday, one day, who knows? Someday I suppose...
Cameos would be awesome. Can I choose some of my customers/people I know? XD

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Yeah, cameos could be cool!! But only after sidequests as you suggested. Anyway, the game should be Suikoden style. Change characters any time after finding them. Also, i'd like 6 people per battle if possible. Music could maybe be compiled by members...picking their favorite songs or whatever. Also, a couple strategy battles like in Legion Saga would be cool...but it may be hard to code. Hell, i'll think of more later.

W

William

6 people in battle would be nice, but the system is only limited to 4 at a time :(

And I could probably do the whole strategy battle thing btw.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
K, that's understandable. Now for story, how much should we really be giving away in public before the games released? I mean if people know everything before they play the game...that'd sort've spoil things imho.

W

William

I just need a basis. Just a prologue or introduction would work fine, as I can add plot twists and details later.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Well, maybe something st00pid like VGC trying to buy out GameWire and assimilating us or something. And the VGC people except Jesse would be against it too since they hate us or something. So, they'd help us stop Darth Jesse or something for that reason, just to stop the merger.

W

William

Can I choose some of my customers/people I know? XD

Forgot to reply to this, but I'd rather have cameos of people that most people would recognize, if we have cameos.

Well, maybe something st00pid like VGC trying to buy out GameWire and assimilating us or something. And the VGC people except Jesse would be against it too since they hate us or something. So, they'd help us stop Darth Jesse or something for that reason, just to stop the merger.

I dunno. One reason I'm wanting to make this game is for people here to play it and enjoy it. But there is also another reason, and that reason is advertisement. I could still go with that type of storyline, but I'd rather not name any other sites as I want this game to basically advertise US only. I think you can understand o.o

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Yeah, that makes complete sense. But then, what other angle could we take that'd be semi-believable? Maybe us fighting Jack Thompson? I dunno...lol.

Namakubi

Someday, one day, who knows? Someday I suppose...
We could change the name of VGC to something else. XD

W

William

Yeah, that's what I meant by we can still go with that type of storyline. I just don't wanna mention other sites :p