Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Favorite spinoff game

Venom

Sonic has seen a lot more things than just running in a straight line through a level. He's partied, raced, and battled, among other things. Out of the spinoff titles in the series, what's your favorite? Also, games like Knuckles Chaotix and Shadow the Hedgehog count as spinoffs.

For me it would be Tails Adventure. It's a fun little adventure for Game Gear with a bunch of cool items to collect and weapons to use. And Tails has always been one of my favorite characters too, so when he had his own game, I thought it was awesome.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
Wow, I came into this thread thinking of exactly which game I wanted to choose and low and behold you have the same one as well.

Yes, as a spinoff game from Sonic I would say Tails Adventure is also my favorite. I didn't know what to expect when I started playing it on my Gems Collection for GCN but it's really a unique and intuitive game that seriously deserves more recognition. It's just really great.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
Mario sure has had a shit load of spin offs, all the golf/tennis/Kart/Smash Bros, not to mention Luigis mansion, where's Mario, the few Yoshi games, and all the other not so well knows titles. There is even a Tetris type Yoshi game for Game Boy.

Another large spinnoff would be Seiken Densetsu series which was a spin off of Final Fantasy series.

My favorite spin off game would have to be Pokemon snap, that game was Pwnd and was by far the best pokemon platform game.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
Usually I have difficult time with these kind of threads, because of my fickle nature. However, this thread is super easy. I'm sure 54 percent of my comrades already know the answer to the question "what is my favorite spinoff title?". However, for those that have no idea...

screen_8.jpg

Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona...MUTHER FUCKING PERSONA

MegaTen for the win!

Er, but since we're talking about Sonic...Tails Adventure.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Gotta go with Sonic Spinball here.

That was one of my favorites growing up, and by far the best spinoff Sonic ever had.

Never played Tails Adventure yet though, so I could be wrong.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
Sonic Spinball was definitely entertaining and had some nice levels/bosses. Good fun.

Also, Mai. It's not "favorite spin-off from any series ever". This is in the Sonic thread, so I'll let you guess what it's really meant for. Yeah, I can see you dotting...lol.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
I knew that, you jerk! Actually, I just forgot that the thread was about Sonic, but I did get it right in the end, so SHOVE OFF!

P.S. I love my dotting...

Rorschach

Demon's Crest. Despite being a spinoff of the Ghost n' Goblins series, it was infinitely superior to both, having qualities of Act Raiser, and Metroid/modern CV games in its approach with a more morose bent, and fantastic level design. Also, Maximo VS The Army of Zin was better than them as well, while also being a spinoff of the same series.

Waffles

Wants to see Scott topless.
I think I will go with Mario Kart, can't think of any spin offs I like more at the moment.

Rorschach

I will just, again, point out that Gamewire is a horribly organized forum. This topic was more interesting when I presumed it wasn't exclusively about one of the most overrated, and overtreaded franchises in video game history.

I don't have fun with Sonic spin-offs. Sorry SEGA.

Venom

It's not the forum being disorganized, it's the fact that some people don't even read the first post in the thread before replying.

So, anyone, and I mean anyone so as not to point to someone specific, please start doing that beforehand.