Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Favorite games that aren't video games

Venom

As the thread title suggests, what are some of your favorite games that aren't video games? I mean things like board games, card games, pool, skeeball, and whatever else fits into the category. For me, Monopoly is my favorite board game. I don't play many other ones but even if I did it would remain at the top of my list. I also like playing air hockey and sometimes pool, but not for money. Just for fun.

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
Sudoku
Checkers
Pool
Trouble
The Game of Life
Clue
Monopoly
Scrabble
Taboo
Solitaire
Poker: 5-Card Draw, 5-Card Stud, 7-Card Stud
Black Jack
Go Fish
Genie
Garbage

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
^ Add what Kat said to my list. <3 Scrabble and Trouble. Let's see, I also enjoy Pokemon TCG (well, I DID at least), Twister, Candy Land, Jumanji, and Air Hockey. I suck at pool, but I'll play it. Oh, Hanafuda, too.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
I had this awesome pokemon board game withh all these lil pogs and you had to pic a starting pokemon, make your way to the elite four and eventually fight legendary pokemon. It was pretty fucking epic for a board game.

Reasonable Addition

Wrong Answer
A drinking game called Fuck All with playing cards lol!

I was a fan of Dungeons & Dragons some years back though. I'd completely love to talk about my characters and sessions, but unless someone else has played it, they might not know what I'm talking about lol.

Avalon

Once and Future King
I play it every once and a while... Lives make it hard to get a game set up though. Other than that, I will occasionally foray into twister and Careers.

Reasonable Addition

Wrong Answer
Yeah, it is hard to keep on track. We all lived at the same place though, so that made it easier. Eventually though after we separated, most of us couldn't be bothered to keep the appointments during the weekend, even if we weren't doing anything. :(

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
This man wins the thread!

Just taking turns downing shots is rather fun, or see who can take the biggest hit without coughing! Boy do I miss the old days :(

Ted

Owls don't lie.
Let's see...

Baseball
Basketball
Touch Football (Tackle, if you have protection)
Sudoku
Monopoly
Card games (Poker, Blackjack, etc)
Life
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Pool
Darts
Air Hockey
Ping Pong
Badminton
And the driving range at the golf course. I suck at golf otherwise.

Reasonable Addition

Wrong Answer
Lol yeah Dan, that might not fit together.

But seriously, some of the drinking games are great. It's just you get bombed so fast, so if you're a bad drunk like me, you always get sick lol.

Last time I played I didn't even have time TO get laid. I passed out on the guy's couch and left at eight in the morning cuz I had to go to work later in the evening lol.

There's also this smurf drinking game. Watch a show of the Smurfs, and every time it says ''smurf'' you have to take a shot of hard liquor or a swig of beer lol.

But Fuckall is teh bestz. You can add rules too, like no swearing-so when you're tipsy and you fuckup, naturally you're like FUCK so that would mean two shots instead of one lol.

Overdose Delusion

So strange what love does.
Scrabble is my favorite board game. I love to play it, but sadly have not played it in a while due to the fact that my husband dislikes it. My husband likes to play chess, which I don't really like as much as Scrabble but still enjoy to play occasionally for the concentration and strategy it requires, even though I suck at it.

Hm, what else. I haven't really played any other board games in yeeears. This thread is making me want to play some, though.

I haven't seen risk mentioned, it's a good board game. Also, I like Ring of Death, a drinking game my friends and I used to play as tradition when we drank.

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
There're some I missed:

Candyland
Twister
Chutes and Ladders
Air hockey
badminton
ping pong
softball
Horse
Pig
Disney's Trivial Pursuit
Disney's Scene It
PotC Scene It
Uno
Pay Day
Sorry
Ice breaker
Monkeys in a Barrel
Jenga
Connect 4
Apples to Apples
Battleship
Perfection
Pokemon (the card game)
Sailor Moon (the card game)
Magic the Gathering
Uno Stacks
Othello
Reversi
Cootie
Don't Spill The Beans
Hungry Hungry Hippos
Mall Madness
Mousetrap
Ouiji Board
Scattergories
Guess Who
Mad Gab
Concentration
Penguin Pile Up
War
Slapjack
KIMPS
Rummi
Double solitaire

Yeah, I like board games. What of it?!?

The Liztress

Poison Pink
Let's see... The game of Life, Monopoly, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, and some other ones. But mainly the ones I named.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Jailbreak.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you were never a teenager/kid so away with you.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Sudoku
Checkers
Pool
Trouble
The Game of Life
Clue
Monopoly
Scrabble
Taboo
Solitaire
Poker: 5-Card Draw, 5-Card Stud, 7-Card Stud
Black Jack
Go Fish
Genie
Garbage

I love Sudoku!!!

But my all-time fav. non-video game game is Spades. :D It's an incredibly deep game when played between four people and keeping score.