Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dating Turnoffs

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
This isn't about what turns you off physically about someone, but more so their life styles. What part of someone's life style turns you off from dating them? Do they have too many kids from different baby daddies or baby mamas? Are they so drugged up on heroin that they don't even recognize their own mother? Pretty much things like that.

For me, I just can't date anyone who's an alcoholic. Every single person in my family seems to be heading down that road, and I don't want to be any part of it. Now, I don't mind if they go out occasionally, party, and come home smashed. It's the constant drinking, starting out with a daiquiri in the morning and finishing with two cases of beer at night that start to get me worried. I'll never forget the New Year's Day party my dad had, where he did nothing but yell and constantly smashed things up in the kitchen. I pushed Anna and Claire into mine and Anna's room, and when Jackie (my step-mom) banged on the door to have Claire out, I shouted at her, telling her that I wasn't going to subject Claire to any violence that my dad was inflicting on the house, all the while holding her and telling her it would be okay as she cried on the bed.

I'm also really not into smokers, or people who do heavy drugs, but the drugs just aren't as much of a problem for me as drinking.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
I so don't do smoking or heavy drugs either. I have asthma and there's something unappetizing about dating a potential Bobby Brown. Already having children is definitely a turn off, since I've deal with way too many baby daddy/mama dramas in my life in order for me to personally put myself in the middle of it. Let's see...I think another turn off is possibly being too...stupid. I mean, I'm expecting a doctorate or anything, but I would like to be able to discuss a huge range of topics which might require some a decent amount of thinking power. Oh, and being too clingy/possessive. Having a mother complex bothers me, because I'm not too keen on mama's boys (okay, sure I could be considered a daddy's girl, but you'll never hear me go on and on about my father as though I have an Electra Complex >__>). Being highly disrespectful is another turn off. I don't mind a little arrogance and a whole lot of sarcasm, but if you're constantly being rude for no real reason...it will get boring and dull. I don't dig the "thug life style", so if it sounds like I'm speaking to the Poster Child of Hoodrats...eh, not going to fly. Let's see...being overly critical is another turn off, but being too easy going about EVERYTHING would bother me, too. I'm fine when my comrade is easy going, yet I'm going to need some good old fashion reliability from a boyfriend. Assuming too much without the proper information is another turn off, and of course, being an abuser of any kind is a no-no. Being vegetarian might bother me, though, because I love me some meat and I already find it difficult enough to deal with certain comrades and family members that are vegetarians. Not that I have a problem with vegetarians, it's just that I want to not be self conscious about what we're eating together >__>;. I have to admit that not being either a gamer or an anime/manga fan would bother me even though most of my comrades aren't.

Archangel Sabre

Staff member
Not really into heavy drinkers, or people who smoke cigarettes at all. Other drugs I don't really have a problem with, so long as they stay away from the dangerous shit like heroin and crack, and so long as the drug use isn't controlling their life.

Beyond that, I just wanna be with someone who I get along with and like.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
...So, Sou-to revealed his fetish of choice by accident. Hm, I was expecting something a little more...lively.

Ah, another turn off is being chauvinistic and/or a pansy bastard.

Nazo

Staff member
Smoking, drinking, I don't like party girls.. Bad breath, fucked up teeth, annoying voice. A little over the top with expressions... I don't like a huge amount of like... hands flying in the air and shit to describe something. And someone who talks like.. "So like, I was doing this, and like, so and so came up to me and was like, then I was like, and she was like, and then they were like." I HATE THE FUCKING 'LIKE' SHIT.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
I guess bad taste or stupidity, though I would not be too picky at this point. I am down for any experience in dealings with the opposite sex.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
...I must be the pickiest fuckwad here. I just realized that. GEE, NO WONDER I WAS NEVER DATEABLE. Anyway, being overly conservative is a turn off since I like pants, sex toys, and all things homo. Being with someone that's a little too inflexible is also a turn off, but I guess that falls in line with the conservative bit.

Rainbow Deluxe

Smoking, drinking, I don't like party girls.. Bad breath, fucked up teeth, annoying voice. A little over the top with expressions... I don't like a huge amount of like... hands flying in the air and shit to describe something. And someone who talks like.. "So like, I was doing this, and like, so and so came up to me and was like, then I was like, and she was like, and then they were like." I HATE THE FUCKING 'LIKE' SHIT.

.... YOU PRETTY MUCH DESCRIBED ME, YOU ASSHOLE (minus the smoking, drinking, not much of a party girl). I HATE YOU SO MUCH.

Nazo

Staff member
...wat? Really?

Ewwww! GTFO THEN.

I kid, I luh joo. :3

Rainbow Deluxe

I can't help it that I talk with my hands! And I've always found my voice to be annoying. Except when I'm either sick or just waking up. My voice becomes a bit husky, and I find it sexy. Not that I've ever recorded myself before while waiting to go into work or anything like that. >__>

Anyway, I'm also not a huge fan of conservatives, myself, mainly because I'm very passionate when it comes to my beliefs, and I don't want to be with someone who will constantly argue with me. Challenging me is one thing, because then I know there isn't any malice behind it, but just trying to broaden my view points. But I would never want to date someone who constantly berates me for being pro-choice, or not being for capital punishment. Or constantly makes snide comments about those in office that I would vote for. I would also never date anyone who was seriously sexist, or looked down on women in any way. Not a feminist in the least, but I'm not just going to sit there and listen to someone constantly complain about how much women suck at driving, suck in politics (lol), suck in the corporal world, etc.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
From what I've been told I have a Southern accent and yet I sound like I could do voice work for Pokemon <__<. Let's see...another turn off is poor hygiene and being such a neat freak that you're practically in need of therapy because you're such a OCDowner.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
Obnoxious attitudes, ignorance of certain ideas, and just overall douchebaggery. I can live with smoking and drinking. Of course, I never really met a woman who does it excessively.

I'm not too picky, to be honest. Most guys really shouldn't be.

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
...Zack was always the easy one of the group.

Another turn off for me is to spit in front of me. I'm not going to say that you can't spit at all, because sometimes you just have to, but please have the decency of warning me, so I can look away or SOMETHING. It's just an ew for me.

Rainbow Deluxe

I hate when guys spit, honestly. There was this guy that we were doing a load up for the other day, and every five seconds he just kept spitting. I had to tell Sabre that I was getting too disgusted to put the bricks in the car, so he and I switched places, and I handed him the bricks while he put them in the truck.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
OMG THAT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH- Guys (or girls, I've seen them do it, too) who smoke, but then spit after every hit they take. 1- You're doing it wrong, you fucking idiots. 2- That's fucking disgusting. And 3- if you don't know how to properly smoke, then don't fucking do it, you stupid dick heads.

Not saying spitting is wrong after you smoke. The taste of tar does seriously suck. But after EVERY inhale of smoke? No. Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

..sorry..

Tentei No Mai

Bitch Pudding!
...I think Zackamon was having a Reefer Madness moment. Oh, and also,

You shouldn't spit-you should always savor the juices and give it a good swallow. Heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeh.

I think yet another turn of for me is having an eating disorder. It's a tricky problem to deal with and I can't handle that particular kind of emotional baggage very well when I'm cooking chicken teriyaki and the fucker wants to be difficult, because I used a little bit of butter to give the chicken a nice touch of flavor and add in a bit more brown sugar to give that sauce a bit of sweetness just so that he can go to the bathroom and upchuck. DUDE, THAT'S SUCH A WASTE OF FOOD, AND DON'T YOU KNOW HOW GRODY IT IS TO CONSTANTLY STARVE YOURSELF? Though, to be fair, it would be kind of weird if I ended up dating someone with an eating disorder anyway, and I'm positive I would be supportive of my comrade's eating disorder if he/she wanted help, so maybe I'm not being very nice about that >__>;.