Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should the disruptive members be banned?

• Yes, They dont care about this board anyway

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No, They breath life into this board

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Flower

There is no patch for human stupidity.
Okay, example of the "lack-of-community" feeling would be like me. I stopped coming around often because I didn't feel as if I belonged. I've come back, though, because I'd like to help this place.
I understand that racial slurs are, for the most part, said jokingly. But there is a point to where it gets a little out of hand.
When people only come around to flame other members, it gets old, real quick. That's one of the things that hasn't changed about this place. The dry, sarcastic humor.
As for banning members, well, I don't like taking sides, so I'll remain neutral, for now. Unless something changes my mind.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Something needs to be done, to make it so we all feel like a group or community. That's why I suggest we play games together, or work on projects outside the site together etc. I want this place to feel fun, to feel like everyone belongs. We should all be talking in IM's, holding group chats. Whatever, just SOMETHING.

Hyper

soul society
ax you are stupid.

Kadenzza isn't Arcy. Lupinexus is Arcy.

Kadenzza is already banned.

proto told me I wouldn't be banned if I kept my shit to my new apartmentblockthingy.

as for lupinexus, leave him alone, he's done nothing wrong.

i care about this board enough to keep it interesting. if I really didn't care I would have never sold it, I would have just deleted it.

Lupinexus

Proto Man said:
ridiculous things (who's in charge)

rofl.

I feel like I just post here out of habit, and because I'm already familiar with many of the members. That's about it. This place hardly excites me at all, and I usually only post here to occupy the remainder of my time as I'm doing something else. If I joined up as a new member today, I doubt I would feel compelled to post more than once or twice before moving on to a more interesting community. Frankly, I find most of the current members here, with the exception of a few, to be rather boring individuals, and don't really feel any kind of connection with them or interest to try to get to know them better. If it weren't for posters like Vampiro, William, and Miso helping to retain my interest, I probably would have drifted away long ago. If banning me satisfies your feeble little mind, Ax, then feel free; it would hardly put a damper on my day, and I would feel fine about spending more of my posting time on a different forum.

K

kawaii_otaku_69

i wonder if i was banned for a reason or if it was just an accident on vampiro's behalf.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Ok, can somebody please tell me why Hyper was banned? Because it wasn't discussed with anyone. Thank you.

W

William

Ok, can somebody please tell me why Hyper was banned? Because it wasn't discussed with anyone

Nothing is ever discussed between the staff really. Which is one thing I really disliked. The staff board is there for a reason, and although about half of the current staff don't even check the board often - bans and so forth should still be explained in there.

The Prince of Persia

~Sand Weilder~
The most disruptive members should be banned, but they need to be warned first and given a chance to change their ways. If they don't, then all means ban them so this place can become better for the newer members.

Miso

Sheriff
Lupinexus said:
rofl.

I feel like I just post here out of habit, and because I'm already familiar with many of the members. That's about it. This place hardly excites me at all, and I usually only post here to occupy the remainder of my time as I'm doing something else. If I joined up as a new member today, I doubt I would feel compelled to post more than once or twice before moving on to a more interesting community. Frankly, I find most of the current members here, with the exception of a few, to be rather boring individuals, and don't really feel any kind of connection with them or interest to try to get to know them better. If it weren't for posters like Vampiro, William, and Miso helping to retain my interest, I probably would have drifted away long ago. If banning me satisfies your feeble little mind, Ax, then feel free; it would hardly put a damper on my day, and I would feel fine about spending more of my posting time on a different forum.
The only thing that I really like(d) about this place was that people weren't total idiots. But, if that's the change we're making, I'll just go back to VGC. I mean, honestly, there's at least more traffic even if it is run for shit.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
I don't care what has to be done, but I don't want ANYONE to leave this place. Call me a fool, but I think shit CAN work.

Miso: every place is gonna have some people you disagree with, that's just how shit goes. I guess the real question is which place has more people you can tolerate. I'd hope we do, but if not... :(

Miso

Sheriff
Well, because everyone seems to feel that we need a bunch of BS to become active, my question is, why not just go to VGC? It's already established, and not totally dead.

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
I NEVER said we needed BS. And most people don't seem to want it either. Yet, we don't want this place to be entirely dry either. This incident is already about 3 days old anyway, what's happend since?

Vampiro V. Empire

ist Krieg
Nothing is ever discussed between the staff really. Which is one thing I really disliked. The staff board is there for a reason, and although about half of the current staff don't even check the board often - bans and so forth should still be explained in there.

Except this time I was an idiot and pressed the wrong button :(

Phantom

What this place needs is fun. You guys (Protoman) are trying to control everything. Doing everything by the book.

Loosen up, have some fun. So what if we curse and flam eeach other? It keeps the forum alive, has discussion, and flaming on the internet usually ends up being funny, as the arguement is retarded.

I say fuck, two minutes later there's a mod breathing down your neck quickly editing it. As if this forum is so serious.

Plus, that burns the whole concept of freedom of speech. If I wanna call Vamp a gay mallgoth (JK CJ luv u <3) then let me have that right. If I wanna flame another member, then sure! Better discuss something rather than nothing.

When I came here and opened up with Hyper and Sabredog (and we worked on creating forums, I didn't do html or that stuff, I was the one suggesting stuff) it was fun. Then I left asI didn't sign online much. When I came back, new people were in power, and you guys are like :-\

I mean seriously now come on.

Tektite

The Prince of Persia said:
The most disruptive members should be banned, but they need to be warned first and given a chance to change their ways. If they don't, then all means ban them so this place can become better for the newer members.

I say that's a good idea.

Posting "spam" just to post is not what this boards needs. Protoman has been doing a good job as admin. I think the bans do need to be used at the right time. I think there is just not a lot of members who come here and post, and now some members just want to flame people.

This board should be more open to other members, without the bad language and negative comments towards each other that's being posted, just for "fun".

Vampiro V. Empire

ist Krieg
Posting "spam" just to post is not what this boards needs.

What spam?

Protoman has been doing a good job as admin.

No he hasn't. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.
This board should be more open to other members, without the bad language and negative comments towards each other that's being posted, just for "fun".

Impossible. Literally impossible. You can't have a community of +20 people and expect perfect behaviour. There's going to be swearing and there's going to be name-calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.