Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should the disruptive members be banned?

• Yes, They dont care about this board anyway

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No, They breath life into this board

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ax

Should the members of this board who are calling people niggers and whatever else they can think of be banned, and by banned I mean permantely Ie. Arcy(kadenza or whatever his nick is now) Hyper, Lupinexus and anyone who seems to be nothing but disruptive to what this board is really about?

Ax

Personally Id like to see Arcy gone, he doesnt care about this board and in fact only wants to see it destroyed. Hyper for some reason Id like to see stay but I realize he is pushing members away just like Arcy is

SeanFury

I can see the venom in your eyes-
Warnings first, the second time ban short term, third time ful. Because in Klarth/Kadenezza's case, all he wants to do is be disruptive and cause chaos and mayhem, so why would we even want someone like that here? He may get activity promoted, but it's negatitively generated, and if we want to attract new members, we can't have people thrashing around like caged animals. Klarth/whatever mispelling I'll do by accident, he will not stop because he doesn't care, so show him how little we care about his presence.

Racist remarks is something that is supposed to result in a one time permanent ban according to the rules of EVERY vBulletin site. How would you know this? Just look at the rules you agree to when you join a site.

Simple.

Ax

I know he has really made it the point I dont even like coming here, and I own the freakin place. It really pisses me off when I see Proto attacked also. No one cares more about this place than Proto. I know thats why I hired him :)

Ax

Sean the Wicked said:
Racist remarks is something that is supposed to result in a one time permanent ban according to the rules of EVERY vBulletin site. How would you know this? Just look at the rules you agree to when you join a site.

Simple.

What else really needs to be said, he is absolutely right.

Ax

If your against it vampiro then vote no. Like I said maybe they breath life into the forums. I will not do it unless our community agrees with it

Ax

Well to be honest Vampiro I have black friends who would enjoy our board (one being xman), but do you think I would want him to come here and see this. No I would be absolutely ashamed of myself for the board being like this. I couldnt imagine what he would say to me, I know it would make me feel like the lowest scum on the earth. And to be honest the people saying these remarks are exactly that. Even if it does result in lower post counts don't you think it would be best for the board in the long term.

SeanFury

Vampiro, even if the majority if not all of us are white, any ethnicity can be offended by racial slurs. Especially the nice people at Jelsoft, who I've said time and time again, if they ever saw this they would be pissed because this kind of crap is against the vB terms of use/whatever.

Vampiro V. Empire

ist Krieg
Then please, by all means, tell them about this place. I'd love to see what they'll do about it.
If your against it vampiro then vote no. Like I said maybe they breath life into the forums. I will not do it unless our community agrees with it

I don't take this seriously enough to bother voting. Go ahead, ban them. But personally, I'd rather post on a somewhat dead board with a few insults than a completely dead board with absolutely nothing on it. But really, this is the internet, hell, this is life. There's going to drama, insults, some racist remarks, and probably some other stuff you disagree with, but it's a joke. Don't take shit like this seriously, because the people who say it obviously don't mean for it to be taken that way.

Either way, you run this place, go ahead and do with it what you please. Because there's barely anyone here to really say otherwise.

Ax

Well thats why I posted this, so you can say otherwise. Your right without William here to temper my judgement I will make mistakes. So I want to know your input your one of my mods Vampiro I want to know what you have to say. I want you to say yes or no. Also Im sorry but I do take racist remarks seriously even if they are not meant to be taken that way. Its wrong in anyway its portrayed. But really this about even more than that, in my opinion these people are destroying this board, and they are running off new members. Im so surprised Miso hasnt quit yet, like several others who have came and gone before her because of the way they get treated here

SeanFury

That's because unlike the others Miso stood up and said something.

Vampiro, yeah, this is like life. A messageboard is like a community, only we can't see each other in the flesh. However, both have sets of rules, and I'm not sure where you live, but over here in New Jersey if you start calling people niggers outside, they come and arrest you for harassment.

Sounds a lot like what's been going on here. Hrmmm...

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
Well, I want what's best for this place. I don't want the life sucked out of us by moderating the board to death, but if we don't put our foot down on certain things, we're screwed that way too. I'm pretty laid back with lot's of things, but every forum needs SOME rules. Anarchy doesn't work, it's a proven fact when you look at other forums that allowed it. Should people be banned? I dunno, you tell me.

Vampiro V. Empire

ist Krieg
Believe it or not, racism isn't our problem here, nor is it insults or mean members, or the complete ZOMG CHAOS this board has been in (according to our very own Potatoman). This forum was dead when everyone was super nice, it's dead when every one is apparently mean and racist; this forum was dead when it had a touch of personality, and especially so when it lacked any whatsoever. Basically, it's been dead no matter how we act, what we do, or whatever stupid gimmicks we create. So, maybe you should sit back for a bit and figure out what's REALLY holding this forum back from being excellent, rather than attacking its latest problem.

W

William

Anarchy doesn't work, it's a proven fact when you look at other forums that allowed it.

Actually, the first forum I ever ran, which lasted a few years and only got shut down because we couldn't find a reliable good host; had zero rules. You could do anything you wish, hence why the board was named "Anarchy". Anything went on there, but surprisingly enough, everyone got along with each other pretty well.

I think that the main problem here is that there is a lack of a community feel here. You can have all the rules you want, or you can have no rules at all; but without this actually becoming a community rather than a dull post, read post, post, read post, post, etc. forum - this place is never going to get any bigger than it is now. Now, that's not to say that I don't think the flaming and so forth shouldn't settle down a little (and be kept entirely in the flaming apartment), because I do. However, without a bit of drama, this place is incredibly dull. Also, what forms of interaction are there aside from actually posting and the newly added Shoutbox? Sure, a few people here are already friends with one another, but speaking for myself - I don't really feel "friendly" with anyone here, aside from Corrupt and somewhat Lupinexus, although we haven't really talked much.

I suggest that you allow problems to arise and to let those who wish to voice their opinion on those particular problems, to voice their opinion - no matter how harsh their opinion may seem. It's just words on the internet and isn't going to hurt you. It's not like they actually have any effect on your life, unless you allow them to. But when allowing problems to arise, restrict those problems a bit. Such as the "I don't care about the place so I'm going to keep starting problems with other people". Flame board. It's simple really.

Another thing, and no offense Proto, but you're too lock-happy. It's the freakin' "Black Hole" for goodness sake. Instead of locking those topics, you could've just moved them to the flame board. At least then this place will get a bit of activity, because how many times can you actually make a topic about, for example, your top 10 favorite bands; and have people still be interested in posting in it?

That's my thirty-two cents.

ProtoJMB

Gone
Vampiro said:
I don't take this seriously enough to bother voting. Go ahead, ban them. But personally, I'd rather post on a somewhat dead board with a few insults than a completely dead board with absolutely nothing on it. But really, this is the internet, hell, this is life. There's going to drama, insults, some racist remarks, and probably some other stuff you disagree with, but it's a joke. Don't take shit like this seriously, because the people who say it obviously don't mean for it to be taken that way.

Yes, but Trudy has said that she tried to bring friends over, and they didn't like the place because of what was going on, and Ax just said he wouldn't want to bring his friend over either. That's fine to have joking, but no one likes a board where NOTHING can be taken seriously. Plus, I have already said, if you just want to flame, spam, and constantly be joking like that, there is another place for that. As for the remarks going around recently, they actually WERE meant to be harmful and were used in spite.

Vampiro said:
Believe it or not, racism isn't our problem here, nor is it insults or mean members, or the complete ZOMG CHAOS this board has been in (according to our very own Potatoman). This forum was dead when everyone was super nice, it's dead when every one is apparently mean and racist; this forum was dead when it had a touch of personality, and especially so when it lacked any whatsoever. Basically, it's been dead no matter how we act, what we do, or whatever stupid gimmicks we create. So, maybe you should sit back for a bit and figure out what's REALLY holding this forum back from being excellent, rather than attacking its latest problem.

I know racism isn't our problem, I think our problem is lack of community feel, and that we have jerks around here that are causing problems. Also, people worry about ridiculous things (who's in charge, what extra stuff there is ETC...), when we should be focusing on what this place is really about.

William said:
Another thing, and no offense Proto, but you're too lock-happy. It's the freakin' "Black Hole" for goodness sake. Instead of locking those topics, you could've just moved them to the flame board. At least then this place will get a bit of activity, because how many times can you actually make a topic about, for example, your top 10 favorite bands; and have people still be interested in posting in it?

Just trying to keep the peace Will. Yeah you can say ANY activity is good activity, but some activity isn't wanted here.

Miso

Sheriff
I sure as Hell won't invite anyone I know the the boards if they're going to just be full of FYAD "humour." If you guys like the Something Awful boards so much, go post there.

The problem I see is this: most everyone is pretty comfy with their setup now. I'd say because of this, they don't really want growth. They want to be able to do what they want, whenever they want to. That's probably why the few new members we get don't stick around. And this new use of slurs is something I find offensive, personally, but it certainly looks pretty bad to anyone who isn't part of the group.

I don't think anyone else should really be banned; Jack was the only one who obviously wanted to do this place in and the others just wanted to help make waves. Yes, some degree of "drama" can be a good thing, but, being an immature shit (exactly what Klarthy was doing) isn't. It's important to distinguish the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.