Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Band Recommendations

chaleur spectrale

flori veştejite
I wasn't trying to "pwn" anyone, so I'm sorry if someone thought I was. I was merely curious to as what your problem with his music was, so while asking I gave you my views of it to see how yours contrasted them. I apologize for Wiki's overenthusiastic comment on it.

I'm curious though, what is TLDR? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation.

TL;DR = Too long; did not read. lol

He's just not my style. "Gackt=gay" is my short way of saying "Not into it, don't really care." I used to like a few songs, but then I guess I just kinda grew into a different "space".

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
Ah, understandable. I just don't think that "gay" should be an appropiate definition for anything, even if you don't care/dislike it. Gackt is a versatile musician and artist. Just because you don't care for his music anymore, doesn't mean you should show it disrepect by using a term that is widely used in a derogatory fashion, even if your use of it is different.

Omni

<b><font size=4><font color=171717>Sola Fide
I'm still waiting for an Alcest review. You ought to listen to both Le Secret and Souvenir's d'un autre monde, since together it's only 6 songs. Neige hasn't done a lot of music yet. If you need help finding his music or need info about it, ask me.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Ah, understandable. I just don't think that "gay" should be an appropiate definition for anything, even if you don't care/dislike it. Gackt is a versatile musician and artist. Just because you don't care for his music anymore, doesn't mean you should show it disrepect by using a term that is widely used in a derogatory fashion, even if your use of it is different.

Lol, relax. crypt was just using irony as a device for humor; it wasn't like he was being at all serious about his judgment on Gackt's musical styling.

I personally never listened to Gackt, but I have an album by Miyavi and Dir En Grey and they're pretty good. I'm assuming they sound somewhat like Gackt?

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
Lol, relax. crypt was just using irony as a device for humor; it wasn't like he was being at all serious about his judgment on Gackt's musical styling.

I personally never listened to Gackt, but I have an album by Miyavi and Dir En Grey and they're pretty good. I'm assuming they sound somewhat like Gackt?

Dir En Grey I can't say at all, but I have heard a few Miyavi songs and I like him, to an extent. His music is much more generic in it's style though, unlike Gackt who as I have stated is very versatile, not only in how he uses his voice, but he can play a good number of instruments.

A lot of his work isn't good though, but he has enough songs where you can effectively call him a great musical artist and singer. If you listen to the songs I gave earlier in the thread, you'll be able to see what I mean. And if you happen to like him I can always refer you to more.

But honetly, Gackt is the only good artist that is in the j-pop/j-rock genre, even if a lot of his music doesn't fall under that category.

Rorschach

But honetly, Gackt is the only good artist that is in the j-pop/j-rock genre, even if a lot of his music doesn't fall under that category.

This is a sad, but wholly correct truth. Gackt induces a sense of class, and musical tact that's entirely missing from Japan's extensive list of melodically inept, and otherwise ear achingly awful 'artists'.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
This is a sad, but wholly correct truth. Gackt induces a sense of class, and musical tact that's entirely missing from Japan's extensive list of melodically inept, and otherwise ear achingly awful 'artists'.

...they're also a bunch of traps. Grossness...

I'm just not that into foreign music, unless it comes to Finnish metal bands.

When I listen to J-Rock, I don't enjoy it. Hell, the only reason why I have Dir En Grey and Miyavi is just 'cause my friend wanted a copy of it.

Yes, I pirate my music...:.pirate: