Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Band Recommendations

Diabolikal Rapture

MPAA's Nightmare
Post your band recommendations for me to review. If you are posting more than one band, try to group them together.

William

Staff member
Kamelot
Machinae Supremacy

Review those two. :cookie:

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
i have soooo many

wu tang clan
jedi mind tricks
dead prez
a tribe called quest

ill list some more after you give all of those a lisent too :)

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
i didnt even realize al i had listed were rap groups, my next list will be more mixed

tool
cypress hill
black sabeth
the doors
Gackt
dragon force
rammstien
age of reason(my homies band, tere really good :) )

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
I don't exactly get this topic We just give you random band recommendations and you review them? I don't get it. What does band refer to? Do solo artist count? Is this genre specific? And there doesn't seem to be much room for discussion in this. Perhaps if specifics and more details were given I could get it.

Regardless, I guess it can't hurt to give a band just for the hell of it.

Ra, specifically the songs Sky, Do You Call My Name, Superman, and Walking and Thinknig.

chaleur spectrale

flori veştejite
i didnt even realize al i had listed were rap groups, my next list will be more mixed

tool
cypress hill
black sabeth
the doors
Gackt
dragon force
rammstien
age of reason(my homies band, tere really good :) )

Gackt = Gay as all hell

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
from what i was led to believe, it can be a band, solo artist, group, or any other combination of singers, musicians, and songs being performed that you can think of.\

I dont like gackt either but i would like to see a review of him done.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
Im in no hury to get my groups reviewed, i just had to list some more before travis had no suggestions left so he could start reviewing his emo and screamo bands.

Jk lol, emo isnt as bad as i used to think.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
What is wrong with Gackt? Overall the only problem I have with Gackt as a music artist is consistency in the quality of his music. But Gackt is a great musician and music artist, with a great variety of music and vocal range from soothing melodies to great j-rock songs.

What I like about Gackt, besides having a wonderful choice, is the the variety his music offers, he doesn't allow himself to be stuck in one genre. But out of 6 or 7 CDs I can think of only maybe 10-20 Gackt songs I exclusively like, hence the consistency issue.

To say he is "gay as all hell"(I won't even get into the trivialities concerning this...insult? I'm not even sure) is really only to show how inexperience you are with his music. Listen to Hoshi no Suna, Lust for Blood, Sayanora, Love Letter, and Tsuki no Uta and you'll get a good range of his musical style, and five solid to great songs.

But I'm curious as to what you consider good, so perhaps I'll give your bands a listen. It'll give me something to laugh at, I'm sure. Or maybe I'll be surprised, we'll see.

P.S. Gackt is hot. =(

chaleur spectrale

flori veştejite
I'm gay. So if I say something is gay as hell, you generally don't have to worry about it. :p Whiner.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
:Edited out drunken rant segment of thread.:

also, travis, review offspring, atreyu, saosin, and death cab for cutie, those are some bands that i think youd do a much better job reviewing because they fit more into your interests.

William

Staff member
I'll give you a mix of genres to review as well:

- Dream Evil
- Safri Duo
- Porcupine Tree
- Alice in Chains
- Lacuna Coil
- Celldweller
- BlutEngel
- Rhapsody
- Hifana (Japanese hip-hop) - http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRFx9f7-_LU <--- That's their best. Other stuff is ok.

:cookie:

Captain Morgan

hates YOU!
REVIEW THE NEW DARKTHRONE!

If you can listen to it without laughing once, you are stronger than I.

chaleur spectrale

flori veştejite
mic ftw!!!!!!!

he seriously pwnd you there,, mic may be young but hes a smart mother fucker, i know cuz i never got pwned so many times in my life as then when mic was the one doing the pwning.

also, travis, review offspring, atreyu, saosin, and death cab for cutie, those are some bands that i think youd do a much better job reviewing because they fit more into your interests.

That was TLDR to be pwning. Even if it wasn't so long, all he did was give a review of Gackt. So it still wouldn't be pwning.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
That was TLDR to be pwning. Even if it wasn't so long, all he did was give a review of Gackt. So it still wouldn't be pwning.

I wasn't trying to "pwn" anyone, so I'm sorry if someone thought I was. I was merely curious to as what your problem with his music was, so while asking I gave you my views of it to see how yours contrasted them. I apologize for Wiki's overenthusiastic comment on it.

I'm curious though, what is TLDR? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Staff member
I just get all excited sometime, my uncles say its cuz my smoked crack when i was in her stomache, but i dont think she ever smoked crack, but who knows.