Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Class Divided: an exercise of discrimination

Archangel Sabre

Staff member
frontline: a class divided: watch the program | PBS

From the page:
It is about an Iowa schoolteacher who, the day after Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered in 1968, gave her third-grade students a first-hand experience in the meaning of discrimination. This is the story of what she taught the children, and the impact that lesson had on their lives.

Full 46 minutes are available online. Very, very interesting program. I experienced a similar lesson during my elementary years, though not nearly as serious. I certainly think it would be good for everyone to have a lesson similar to this one.

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
This does look rather interesting. I'll have to check it out tomorrow, when I actually have time.

PKT

Forever /a/lone
I've seen this and I've experienced this. Not as a class room exercise but in situations where people had no reason to treat me the way they did. It's the type of thing that makes me reconsider being here. I don't mean here as in this site I mean as in this life.