Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by SeanFury, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

At first, I swore that I would never watch this new Yu-Gi-Oh series. I swore that it would just be another stupid addition, and never be worth my time, just like how everything past the first series' tournament at Pegasus' Castle was.

So, I've watched the first couple episodes, and aside from Yami's apperance in the first episode, I haven't seen anything I like too much. I mean, for once I've seen decent voice actors (at least they match their character's personalities and looks) in a 4kids/Funimation/whatever dubbing. Amazing.

The new cards are ridiculous, the new characters couldn't be anymore annoying (I mean, I consider myself an expert, but his teacher at the Dueling Academy looks like a transvestite and has a male voice actor who sounds like a gay guy with a deep voice, and I STILL cannot decipher their gender).

In all seriousness, the only thing I do enjoy about this new season, is the main character. He doesn't believe in the heart of the cards, he doesn't believe in any silly crap like Yugi did in the first season. He duels on his own, and unlike Yugi, doesn't need the spirit of some super-duelist to win, just his own strength.

Depressingly, I'm probably going to continue watching the series, if only to catch a glimpse of Yami once more.
  2. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

The characters are even more bland, the duels and cards are even more boring and ridiculous, the VO's hurt my ears even more, and the opening theme manages to be ten times worse.

I have no idea what they were thinking.
  3. Lupinexus New Member

An anime show where the characters battle each other with cards. It can't get any dumber than that.

wait, forget what i said