Wu-tang Clan [Review]

Discussion in 'Musik Reviews' started by Diabolikal Rapture, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Name: Wu-Tang Clan
    Genre: Hip-hop
    Origin: Staten Island, New York, United states
    Year started: 1991-present
    Members:

RZA
    GZA
    Method Man
    Inspectah Deck
    Raekwon
    Ghostface Killah
    U-God
    Masta Killa

Thoughts: Honestly there isn't much to set this band apart from other rap artists. Some of there lyrics are inspiring although that is mostly rare. If you like songs with generic beats and constant rap, then this is the band for you.

Sample song:
    Wu-tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
    [youtube]GDfToFcJ2J4[/youtube]
  2. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

travis, you suck at reviewing rap groups, these guys are probally the most talented rappers out there lyricly, listen to songs like protect ya neck, triumph ( which contains the single greatist vs in all of rap history) and any of there songs off of there first album, 36 chambers, i cant stand most rap, but these guys i like more then most metal.

btw, you forgot ol dirty basterd, one of the msot known members of the group, hes dead now so he probally isnt listed were you got the info from.

i hope ypur prepaired to be atacked with a bunch of wu tang mp3 files, im gonna show you how great they are.
  3. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

Rofl, Wiki, show me the errors of my ways, and I will happily revise my review. And btw, I saw Ol dirty bastard, he was deceased, therefore not actually a member anymore. Lol.
  4. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Travis is entitled to his opinion, and I never especially cared for Wu-Tang myself. Never understood what all the hype was about, besides a large group of rappers who are obsessed with Martial Arts films, that also have a clothing line. The music itself never seemed all that unique imho.
  5. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

CREAM, the song listen, is a very good rap song, the flows are probally the weakest of all the wu tang songs, but the lyrics are great, there really true. if you want to hear why they are so great, listen to protect ya neck liek i said.

maybe you just have to be a rap fan to see the differences, but there is no confusing wu tang clan with other groups out there, no one has came close.
  6. chaleur spectrale flori veştejite

Hip Hop < Trip Hop. Suck on that big-fat Portisdickhead.

Man that was the biggest corruption of lulz evar.
    1 people like this.
  7. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

what exactly is trip hop, ive heard of it before but i dont know if ive actually heard it.
  8. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

9. chaleur spectrale flori veştejite

A lot of the music in the Silent Hill series (only a couple songs on the first game, a few more on the second, and a lot on the third, then a shift to a rock influenced trip-hop on the fourth) as well as bands like Portishead and Massive Attack.
    1 people like this.
  10. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

11. chaleur spectrale flori veştejite

Too bad your little code didn't work, fgt :D
  12. john for president prince of something

..What? Why does it matter if ODB is deceased? Eazy E is dead, does that mean he was never a part of NWA? Your review is mostly something I have difficulty commenting on, especially due to the fact that each album has varying quality, and you basically summarized them as "LOTS OF RAPPING AND GENERIC BEATS"; the latter lacking any citation.

What sets apart Wu-Tang Clan from other groups? How are they unique?

A better question is, How aren't they unique?

I can't begin to tell you how their characters/pseudonyms are wrought with eccentricity (even creativity), how their personalities are so aptly displayed in songs (and skits) in comparison to other groups, their songs uniquely abundant with martial arts quotes, songs filled with erratic vocalizations (ODB, in particular. Who else rhymes like him?), and even the lyrical brilliance that is more often then not, displayed. (The first verse of Triumph, on Wu-Tang Forever, for example.)
  13. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

I am writing reviews for the current state of the band and there most recent work. I didn't believe that I had to include the deceased members of the band considering they won't be coming back to rap anytime soon. At least I should hope not.

This is my opinion and no citation is needed because this is just that, An opinion. Opinions need nothing to base themselves on.

99% of the reason I write these reviews is to get the band out there and let more people know about them so that they can listen to their songs and determine wether they themselves like them or not. If you are going to base wether you like a group solely on my review, then you shouldn't be reading them.

What kind of question is that ..? "Reasons why this band isn't original?"
  14. john for president prince of something

I was unaware of you reviewing the current state of the group, especially given the sample music.(which I assumed you were also commenting on, given as how if you really wanted to assert that you were reviewing their most recent work, you would have posted a video that was not from 10+ years ago.)

They do if they want to be taken seriously.

I think this is a more appropriate question given how original Wu-Tang Clan was/is in comparison to other groups, and I devoted a whole paragraph to elaborate on said originality in my previous post. It's more fitting to ask "How isn't Wu unique, when no groups at the that time or even now, compare to them in terms of originality?" (with even contemporary artists - and I use this term loosely - such as Kanye West, claiming Wu influenced them) in comparison to "Why is this band original?' since the latter leads to a blatantly obvious answer.
  15. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

The truth is, compared to any other rap group, and I mean any other, Wu Tang is just amaizing. There great lyricists and there technique of flowing is second best to none. The only other group I can think of that even comes close is a Tribe called Quest, and there full of awsomeness themselves.