We should make a new Wire Forums with a free board

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Archangel Sabre, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Okay, the name will be Radiance.

Next two things: who is going to make it, and which forum host are we going to use?
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

Forumotion and Invision are both pretty easy to use, so personally I'd go with one of those. I'd never used Forumotion, but I just tossed one together to see how easy it was, and it turns out it's pretty easy. To be entirely honest I'd prefer IPB, but they're both fine options.

I'm no good with color schemes, so I'll let someone else make it, or I'll help someone make it by doing anything other than that, or whatever. We'll get to that soon enough.
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Forumotion or Invision are fine with me! As for making it, you should get the privilege, David, since this was your idea. And Radiance is fine.
  4. Nazo Moderator

Radiance is a terrible name for a forum in my opinion. It just lacks interest is catchment, though--

No point in making a forum in this day and age. The only forums that do well are the dumb RP forums out there and SOME game forums that actually have real game reviews and things of the sort. Forums are dying out because of things like Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter, and for some reason chatrooms are growing in popularity again. I don't see why you people are trying to keep a dying breed alive. When something is going extinct, it goes extinct. That's inevitable. Ask MySpace. I admire your wanting to keep the community alive, and I love each and everyone of you and wish I could meet you all face to face sometime in life, but... c'mon. Just stick with what's left and spare yourselves the disappointment.

Until forums are big again, I'll be on Steam--nazozero and on League of Legends--StrayedLogic, Nazo Zero, and my third account can't be named 'cause Kat will get mad.
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

Just letting you guys know if I haven't posted it that I probably won't be joining.
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

C'mon guys, join up. It's the rebirth of this place. It's not like I want or expect some hugely popular forum out of this, all I wanna do is get us together in a totally new setting, with a totally fresh start and just see if we can make some semblance of a community again.
  7. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Humble beginnings, but ... it's up and running now:

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Radiance1/index.php

Radiance by itself was already taken, for those who were wondering. It's very bread and butter like I said, but join up, and we can discuss the future of it there.
  8. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

OKAY DAVID. I'M JOINING. RIGHT NOW. =D