Video shows how even PS2 graphics features are still beating xflop 3-shitty

Discussion in 'Playstation' started by Blig Merk, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. Blig Merk Guest

    This video is mainly a comparison of different graphics features in PS2
    games with Oblivion xflop 3-shitty, since xflop 3-shitty doesn't have
    squat for quality games and Oblivion basically represents the best the
    xflop 3-shitty has. I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks a whole lot
    better than the xflop 3-shitty version, although the graphics for the
    game were over-hyped overall and the PC version lacks the same physics
    and detail features. Still, a very poor showing for a supposedly
    next-gen console-wannabe compared to a venerable almost 6 year old
    console gem.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHsUfConpY&feature=Views&page=4&t=t&f=b
  2. "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1145805223.880283.320680@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
    > This video is mainly a comparison of different graphics features in PS2
    > games with Oblivion xflop 3-shitty, since xflop 3-shitty doesn't have
    > squat for quality games and Oblivion basically represents the best the
    > xflop 3-shitty has. I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks a whole lot
    > better than the xflop 3-shitty version, although the graphics for the
    > game were over-hyped overall and the PC version lacks the same physics
    > and detail features. Still, a very poor showing for a supposedly
    > next-gen console-wannabe compared to a venerable almost 6 year old
    > console gem.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHsUfConpY&feature=Views&page=4&t=t&f=b
    >


    See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something about us
    'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i disagree with you,
    then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming continues on you as usual.
    Its a very childish game they play here. It saddens me that they cannot just
    accept the fact that 360 just hasnt really produced something truly
    astonishing. Or anything that even begins to overstep what has already been
    done on a PC. And here you show that even the ps2 can make a very good
    looking title, better than a game that was supposed to be amazing looking
    (not to say that its a bad game, just that the graphics leave a little to be
    desired).

    However, I wonder if any game on the 360 can do what MGS can do on a ps2. I
    encourage anyone to draw a comparison that does. I'd like to see it.

    The only retort i can see any "smart" xbox fan come with is the fact that
    MGS is smaller spaces, whereas Oblivion is wide open spaces. But truth be
    told, with the extra power that 360 has, it should look better than PS2 no
    matter what the environment.
  3. Unmutual Guest

    "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:YfN2g.57966$gE.56740@dukeread06...
    >
    > "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:1145805223.880283.320680@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
    >> This video is mainly a comparison of different graphics features in PS2
    >> games with Oblivion xflop 3-shitty, since xflop 3-shitty doesn't have
    >> squat for quality games and Oblivion basically represents the best the
    >> xflop 3-shitty has. I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks a whole lot
    >> better than the xflop 3-shitty version, although the graphics for the
    >> game were over-hyped overall and the PC version lacks the same physics
    >> and detail features. Still, a very poor showing for a supposedly
    >> next-gen console-wannabe compared to a venerable almost 6 year old
    >> console gem.
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHsUfConpY&feature=Views&page=4&t=t&f=b
    >>

    >
    > See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something about us
    > 'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i disagree with you,
    > then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming continues on you as usual.
    > Its a very childish game they play here. It saddens me that they cannot
    > just accept the fact that 360 just hasnt really produced something truly
    > astonishing. Or anything that even begins to overstep what has already
    > been done on a PC. And here you show that even the ps2 can make a very
    > good looking title, better than a game that was supposed to be amazing
    > looking (not to say that its a bad game, just that the graphics leave a
    > little to be desired).
    >
    > However, I wonder if any game on the 360 can do what MGS can do on a ps2.
    > I encourage anyone to draw a comparison that does. I'd like to see it.
    >
    > The only retort i can see any "smart" xbox fan come with is the fact that
    > MGS is smaller spaces, whereas Oblivion is wide open spaces. But truth be
    > told, with the extra power that 360 has, it should look better than PS2 no
    > matter what the environment.
    >
    >

    Ghost Recon AW would surely be a better comparison? Much closer in terms of
    game styles. I'm also sure that you can do an Oblivion v MGS comparison
    which shows a ton of stuff that MGS can't do.
    FWIW I think Oblivion is probably the best game ever made. It's not the most
    graphically impressive game on the system though. Both PGR and Ghost Recon
    are more polished.
  4. Sir Daniel Guest

    You ar such a lamer, Blig.

    That Video is so lol
  5. Mark McNulty Guest

    The funny thing here is this is not a comparison between the Xbox 360 and PS
    2. This is a comparison between Bethesda and Konami art direction. Each
    team felt somethings were important than others. I think both MGS and
    Oblivion have their highlights and low lights but this video is a sham as it
    is not doing what it is trying to accomplish. I for one thought that MGS was
    way to "green" at the start of the game. The color tones were over used and
    a touch wrong. Plus I didn't feel a part of the overall world of MGS. Now
    Oblivion has good coloring and feel to it. I feel a part of their world
    mosttimes.
    Of course this is all besides the point. It all comes down personal opinion
    and what you like. Heck, I still get a kick out of playing Tempest 2000 on
    the Jaguar and Power Stone on the Dreamcast and think they look great but
    most of that comes from the fact that I like the games :)


    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1145805223.880283.320680@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
    > This video is mainly a comparison of different graphics features in PS2
    > games with Oblivion xflop 3-shitty, since xflop 3-shitty doesn't have
    > squat for quality games and Oblivion basically represents the best the
    > xflop 3-shitty has. I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks a whole lot
    > better than the xflop 3-shitty version, although the graphics for the
    > game were over-hyped overall and the PC version lacks the same physics
    > and detail features. Still, a very poor showing for a supposedly
    > next-gen console-wannabe compared to a venerable almost 6 year old
    > console gem.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHsUfConpY&feature=Views&page=4&t=t&f=b
    >
  6. Brenden D. Chase wrote:

    > See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something
    > about us 'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i
    > disagree with you, then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming
    > continues on you as usual. Its a very childish game they play here.


    And why don't you admit Bligmerk is your boyfriend who enjoys teh buttsecks?


    > The only retort i can see any "smart" xbox fan come with is the fact
    > that MGS is smaller spaces, whereas Oblivion is wide open spaces. But
    > truth be told, with the extra power that 360 has, it should look
    > better than PS2 no matter what the environment.


    Seriously, it could be a technical issue rather than a performance issue
    with
    the machine. I admit to not playing either game in question, but I bet there
    is a lot more going on "behind the scenes" in Oblivion (physics, AI,
    graphics, keeping track of every last detail) than MGS.

    --
    http://tastybeverage.ytmnd.com/
  7. > This video is mainly a comparison of different
    > graphics features in PS2 games with Oblivion
    > xflop 3-shitty .... (blah blah bullshit blah)...


    Oh, that video sure as hell proves that PS2 is WAY better than the Xbox360
    (sorry, I meant "xflop 3-shitty" - sounds more machure, also..)!!! No doubt
    in my mind, you have convinced me!!! Blig Merk has now PROVED, that the
    Xbox360 in fact CANNOT be programmed to make swaying grass and bouncing
    rain.. Xbox360 simply cannot do that... Damn, what a bad console..

    Jesus christ!!

    You are comparing two GAMES which is programmed DIFFERENTLY!! Try to use
    your head, and think logically!! It's up to the games creators, to make it
    how they want!! The fact that you can not understand that, is just... I'm
    missing words... Shesh..

    -Brian
  8. Dub Guest

    Blig Merk wrote:
    > I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks a whole lot
    > better than the xflop 3-shitty version,


    It looks better to you because you're a biased little twit, but the
    rest of the gaming world knows that PC and 360 owners are essentially
    playing the exact same title.

    > although the graphics for the game were over-hyped overall and the PC
    > version lacks the same physics and detail features.


    I'm sure if it were rendered straight out of Lightwave, composited in
    Combustion, and passed off as real-time by Sony, you'd be drooling all
    over it. As it is, when you're confronted with (gasp!) actual
    gameplay, you clearly don't know how to enjoy it.

    > Still, a very poor showing for a supposedly next-gen console-wannabe
    > compared to a venerable almost 6 year old console gem.


    MGS: Snake Eater came out almost 6 years ago, eh? I guess you don't
    mind watching your credibility circle the drain.

    I note with great interest how all the Oblivion caps are so muddy and
    dark you can barely see them. Nor does it make any mention of the fact
    that one game is running at 480i while the other performs at 720p. Nor
    the fact that the Oblivion world is so much bigger and has so much more
    going on at any given time.

    But then, given how you've demonstrated a completely lack of
    understanding 3D and game engines in the past, I can see why you'd
    latch onto this and try to flaunt it, even though it's not proof of
    much of anything except that you have an equally brain-dead
    doppleganger out there somewhere. As always, thanks for the amusement.
  9. Dub Guest

    Brenden D. Chase wrote:
    > See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something about us
    > 'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i disagree with you,
    > then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming continues on you as usual.
    > Its a very childish game they play here.


    No, what's childish is graphics whores going on and on about how a game
    looks, and completely sidestepping the issue of gameplay, which is
    something that 360 titles have in addition to attractiveness. Maybe
    the PS2 can do some fancy graphics in enclosed spaces with a limited
    draw distance, but I have my doubts it could re-create the Oblivion
    experience except in its barest form.

    It's also childish to draw comparisons between the PS2 and the 360 and
    not point out that the exact same deficiences (which have no effect on
    gameplay, by the way) that exist on the PC version... which also
    doesn't have rain splashes on characters or objects. Or would you say
    that the PS2 is better than every single PC that's out there? (You
    could, if you really wanted to be laughed at.)

    Moreover, how many years experience has Kojima-san had working with
    Sony hardware versus the years Bethesda has with 360 hardware?
    Bethesda didn't have the luxury of cooking up their own game engine,
    yet got some really impressive results from the relatively recent
    Gamebryo 2.0.

    And you'll note that I haven't made any inferences about you and Bliggy
    sharing a prostate or anything.
  10. Kirby Guest

    "Brian J. Nielsen" <noway@buddy.com> wrote in message
    news:444bc9df$0$67258$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk...
    >> This video is mainly a comparison of different
    >> graphics features in PS2 games with Oblivion
    >> xflop 3-shitty .... (blah blah bullshit blah)...

    >
    > Oh, that video sure as hell proves that PS2 is WAY better than the Xbox360
    > (sorry, I meant "xflop 3-shitty" - sounds more machure, also..)!!! No
    > doubt in my mind, you have convinced me!!! Blig Merk has now PROVED, that
    > the Xbox360 in fact CANNOT be programmed to make swaying grass and
    > bouncing rain.. Xbox360 simply cannot do that... Damn, what a bad
    > console..
    >
    > Jesus christ!!
    >
    > You are comparing two GAMES which is programmed DIFFERENTLY!! Try to use
    > your head, and think logically!! It's up to the games creators, to make it
    > how they want!! The fact that you can not understand that, is just... I'm
    > missing words... Shesh..
    >
    > -Brian


    Brian,

    It's "are" not "is".

    Sheesh, think logically !

    :eek:)

    Kirby

    >
    >
  11. Zackman Guest

    Blig Merk <blig_murk@yahoo.com> spake thusly:

    > I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks
    > a whole lot better than the xflop 3-shitty version


    Liar. You have a last-gen video card that doesn't come close to matching the
    360's visuals. On top of that, you've never seen it running on a 360.

    And since you're lying about that, it's safe to assume you're lying about
    everything else.

    Thanks for playing. Move along now.

    -Z-
  12. >> You are comparing two GAMES which is programmed DIFFERENTLY!! Try to use
    > It's "are" not "is".
    > Sheesh, think logically !


    Very sorry. I'm danish here, and doing by best.. ;-)

    -Brian
  13. Swam Mollen Guest

    Re: Doctored video shows selective clips from several PS2 games and compares to one XBOX 360 game.

    Hey, Bliggy, you still re-treading this tired old nonsense?



    Paperclip wrote:
    > This video is mainly a comparison of different graphics features in PS2
    > games with Oblivion xflop 3-shitty,


    In other words it's a bunch of special effects taken out of context and
    compared to one game.

    Yeah, so in Snake Eater, rain bounces off objects, and in another game,
    water looks really nice, and in another the grass looks good and so on
    and so on.

    What it COMPLETELY fails to aknowledge, and of cours,e by extension,
    you - is that to prove their case, they have to scour several different
    games to catch specific scenes.

    Oblivion is a massive game with wide open spaces, hundreds of AI
    charactors going about their daily duties - it has feilds full of grass
    and other foliage, caves, spells and advanced lighting effects, Phusics
    that affect everything (try killing a bad guy, and picking him up and
    dragging him - now place him in a pile with the other bad guys you
    killed, then place an apple on them and see it roll down).

    It's also running in full High Defenition with true 5.1 surround.

    By contrast, you have a limited-colour-palette 480i game running in
    enclosed spaces with low-resolution textures, with far less going on
    with the PS2 games. You have to pick from several games to highlight
    what oblivion isn't doing.

    None of those PS2 games are using AA or HDR, none of them use
    procedural texturing or have true 5.1 surround in game.



    since xflop 3-shitty doesn't have
    > squat for quality games and Oblivion basically represents the best the
    > xflop 3-shitty has. I have Oblivion for the PC and it looks a whole lot
    > better than the xflop 3-shitty version,



    HAHAHAH You had to spend $300 to get a decent frame-rate and even then
    you can't have HDR and AA at the same time! My lovely 360 does all that
    for less!!!

    And you had to upgrade your drivers, and patch your game to get it to
    do anything the 360 version isnt!!

    > although the graphics for the
    > game were over-hyped overall and the PC version lacks the same physics
    > and detail features.


    You're an idiot.


    >Still, a very poor showing for a supposedly
    > next-gen console-wannabe compared to a venerable almost 6 year old
    > console gem.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

    Next time, find some source material that compares like with like.

    You've just made yourself look EVEN MORE foolish than you did in every
    other post you've ever made!!!

    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHsUfConpY&feature=Views&page=4&t=t&f=b
  14. Xflop Team Guest

    Brenden D. Chase wrote:

    >
    > "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:1145805223.880283.320680@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
    > > This video is mainly a comparison of different graphics features in
    > > PS2 games with Oblivion xflop 3-shitty, since xflop 3-shitty
    > > doesn't have squat for quality games and Oblivion basically
    > > represents the best the xflop 3-shitty has. I have Oblivion for the
    > > PC and it looks a whole lot better than the xflop 3-shitty version,
    > > although the graphics for the game were over-hyped overall and the
    > > PC version lacks the same physics and detail features. Still, a
    > > very poor showing for a supposedly next-gen console-wannabe
    > > compared to a venerable almost 6 year old console gem.
    > >
    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HHsUfConpY&feature=Views&page=4&t=t&
    > > f=b
    > >

    >
    > See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something
    > about us 'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i
    > disagree with you, then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming
    > continues on you as usual. Its a very childish game they play here.
    > It saddens me that they cannot just accept the fact that 360 just
    > hasnt really produced something truly astonishing. Or anything that
    > even begins to overstep what has already been done on a PC. And here
    > you show that even the ps2 can make a very good looking title, better
    > than a game that was supposed to be amazing looking (not to say that
    > its a bad game, just that the graphics leave a little to be desired).
    >
    > However, I wonder if any game on the 360 can do what MGS can do on a
    > ps2. I encourage anyone to draw a comparison that does. I'd like to
    > see it.
    >
    > The only retort i can see any "smart" xbox fan come with is the fact
    > that MGS is smaller spaces, whereas Oblivion is wide open spaces. But
    > truth be told, with the extra power that 360 has, it should look
    > better than PS2 no matter what the environment.


    I know that Xbox360 is far more powerful than the PS2, but I'm still
    impressed by games like SH3, RE4, MGS3:S, God of War2, etc...

    Part of the reason is because the Xbox360's framebuffer is only 2x as
    fast as the PS2's, and the PS2 can afford to do parallel processing and
    still have enough power to do per pixel lighting via the EE.

    --
    Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks
  15. Xflop Team Guest

    Hank the Rapper wrote:

    > Brenden D. Chase wrote:
    >
    > > See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something
    > > about us 'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i
    > > disagree with you, then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming
    > > continues on you as usual. Its a very childish game they play here.

    >
    > And why don't you admit Bligmerk is your boyfriend who enjoys teh
    > buttsecks?
    >
    >
    > > The only retort i can see any "smart" xbox fan come with is the fact
    > > that MGS is smaller spaces, whereas Oblivion is wide open spaces.
    > > But truth be told, with the extra power that 360 has, it should look
    > > better than PS2 no matter what the environment.

    >
    > Seriously, it could be a technical issue rather than a performance
    > issue with the machine. I admit to not playing either game in
    > question, but I bet there is a lot more going on "behind the scenes"
    > in Oblivion (physics, AI, graphics, keeping track of every last
    > detail) than MGS.


    Ohh yes, it's obvious the Xbox360 is far more powerful than the PS2.
    But that rain in MGS2 was done on a 48GB/s framebuffer so nothing could
    even pull it off properly until we got graphics cards and consoles with
    faster buffer speeds. Xbox360, as a comparison, has a takced on
    framebuffer that is only 2x as fast as PS2's from 6 years ago.

    The orignial Xbox sure as hell can't compete with the PS2 in an area
    like that.

    --
    Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks
  16. Swam Mollen Guest

    yet another shilling ID eh, Killzoned?

    Xflop Team wrote:

    > I know that Xbox360 is far more powerful than the PS2, but I'm still
    > impressed by games like SH3, RE4, MGS3:S, God of War2, etc...
    >
    > Part of the reason is because the Xbox360's framebuffer is only 2x as
    > fast as the PS2's, and the PS2 can afford to do parallel processing and
    > still have enough power to do per pixel lighting via the EE.
    >
    > --
    > Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks



    Translation: I have no fucking clue, I will just make stuff up and
    pretend it is fact.

    Hey,w hat's new XFLOPPY?
    Tired of pretending to own a 360?
  17. Xflop Team Guest

    Swam Mollen wrote:

    > yet another shilling ID eh, Killzoned?
    >
    > Xflop Team wrote:
    >
    > > I know that Xbox360 is far more powerful than the PS2, but I'm still
    > > impressed by games like SH3, RE4, MGS3:S, God of War2, etc...
    > >
    > > Part of the reason is because the Xbox360's framebuffer is only 2x
    > > as fast as the PS2's, and the PS2 can afford to do parallel
    > > processing and still have enough power to do per pixel lighting via
    > > the EE.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks

    >
    >
    > Translation: I have no fucking clue, I will just make stuff up and
    > pretend it is fact.
    >
    > Hey,w hat's new XFLOPPY?
    > Tired of pretending to own a 360?


    Aren't you tired of pretending to own anything?

    --
    Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks
  18. Swam Mollen Guest

    Xflop Team wrote:
    > Swam Mollen wrote:
    >
    > > yet another shilling ID eh, Killzoned?
    > >
    > > Xflop Team wrote:
    > >
    > > > I know that Xbox360 is far more powerful than the PS2, but I'm still
    > > > impressed by games like SH3, RE4, MGS3:S, God of War2, etc...
    > > >
    > > > Part of the reason is because the Xbox360's framebuffer is only 2x
    > > > as fast as the PS2's, and the PS2 can afford to do parallel
    > > > processing and still have enough power to do per pixel lighting via
    > > > the EE.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks

    > >
    > >
    > > Translation: I have no fucking clue, I will just make stuff up and
    > > pretend it is fact.
    > >
    > > Hey,w hat's new XFLOPPY?
    > > Tired of pretending to own a 360?

    >
    > Aren't you tired of pretending to own anything?


    Great comeback. As expected.

    >
    > --
    > Team Xflop 1.5 Rocks
  19. Zackman Guest

    Xflop Team <Xflop Team> spake thusly:

    > The orignial Xbox sure as hell can't compete with the PS2 in an area
    > like that.


    AND BURNOUT FOR TEH PS2ZORZ HAS TEH BEST SPARKZZZZ!!11111onehundredeleven

    You never give up, do you?

    -Z-
  20. Brenden D. Chase wrote:
    > See Blig, now if i agree with you then someone will say something about us
    > 'dating' or that i'm stupid, blah blah blah... but if i disagree with you,
    > then everyone jumps on my side and the flaming continues on you as usual.
    > Its a very childish game they play here.


    So you think that it's childish to point out that Blig is a sad piece
    of shit but you don't think that it's childish of Blig to post a
    video that convinces nobody except morons/fanboys that the PS2 has
    better graphics than the Xbox360?

    >It saddens me that they cannot just
    > accept the fact that 360 just hasnt really produced something truly
    >> astonishing.


    It saddens me why Sony fanboys still can't accept the fact that the PS2
    has worse graphics than the Xbox 1, much less the Xbox360
    BTW,XBOX360 has shown plenty of amazing stuff, Fight Night/GRAW/NBA
    Live/Gotham, etc all look significantly better than what was in the
    previous generation and on the PC.

    >Or anything that even begins to overstep what has already been
    > done on a PC.


    So what? The PC has some amazing games right now and only with a XBOX
    360, can you play them with $300. Only Blig would be "smart" enough to
    buy a $400 AGP card that plays Oblivion worse than the Xbox360 version.
    The same complaint that you have with the Xbox360 is going to happen
    with the PS3, its GPU only has 256 MB, which is already outdated by
    cutting edge PC standards and has already been shown to be much too
    little for 1920*1080 (1080p). Also, Unreal is going to support the
    Aegia processor card, which is going to have physics that will blow
    away anything on the consoles. Are we supposed to be underwhelmed when
    the PS3 unreal is only 80% as good as a $2000 PC? What about when the
    PS3 games failed to live up to Kenturagi's claims of dual 1080P output
    at 120 frames/s?

    >And here you show that even the ps2 can make a very good
    > looking title, better than a game that was supposed to be amazing looking


    He's shown that he's a liar and a moron for the 10,000 time and that
    there are other morons like him who actually think that stupid video
    can convince anyone sane that the PS2 has better graphics than the
    Xbox360.

    > However, I wonder if any game on the 360 can do what MGS can do on a ps2. I
    > encourage anyone to draw a comparison that does. I'd like to see it.


    A comparison is completely unnecessary. It is obvious that Oblivion
    looks better than MGS2, only a blind or delusional person would think
    otherwise.

Share This Page