Vampire Knight is becoming an anime series!?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Tentei No Mai, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

[IMG]

Hi there, everyone! I have some uber cool news for you Vampire Knight fans out there (stares at Rizu-neesama). Right, let's get going!

Vampire Knight has recently become grounds for an anime and I for one is actually excited about this. I mean, I thought Host Club wouldn't translate well into an anime (y'know, since the manga series is STILL going strong), but I was fortunately very, very, very wrong. I totally want to see some Kaname-sama action!

I'm not going to make a summary of the manga since anyone who's interested can check out the article I've posted near the bottom of my, er post. So, basically this thread is all about discussion! Get to it, people!

The Source of the News
  2. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

...Does it involve male "bonding".

Cuz, of it does, count me out. Though, it does seem like a cool anime.
  3. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I hope they do well with Vampire Knight. Since Host Club, XXXHOLiC, and Tsubasa did well, I would hate for Vampire Knight to be crappy as an anime. But we'll just have to wait and see. o.o
  4. The Liztress Poison Pink

*is stared at* You know... I heard about this a couple of months ago. Or rather the rumor of it happening. I'm really really glad it's being turned into an anime series. >.> I knew there was another reason I got a job!
  5. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

No, Zack there isn't any "male bonding" in Vampire Knight, but that doesn't stop me from creating some.

Honestly, this was a complete surprise to me! I knew Vampire Knight had some great potential as an anime, but I didn't think it would come so...soon. At least, for me anyway. Vampire Knight's been out in the east for a good while now (like, almost four years?), so it really shouldn't be much of a surprise, but yeah. I'm totally stoked.
  6. john for president prince of something

what the hell is a vampire knight
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Sweetie, I suggest you look up Vampire Knight on your own ^. Otherwise, I may be forced to annihilate you with a plastic fork ^__^.
  8. The Liztress Poison Pink

9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Good Evening, everyone! Here's Mai reporting an update to the Vampire Knight anime!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5Jj_Aii5dY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5Jj_Aii5dY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This video is a promo for the anime! Here, you can take a gander at the character while listening to a song that is the opening theme song for the anime. I have to admit that it doesn't capture the feel of Vampire Knight too well in terms of melody, but I still like it!. Then there's the voice actors to talk about. I kind of doubt if anyone of you WFers care about Japanese voice actors like I do, but anyhow! Here's a list! Oh, I'm so excited!

Yuki Cross - Yui Horie
    Zero Kiryu - Mamoru Miyano
    Kaname Kuran - Daisuke Kishio <3<3<3<3
    Takuma Ichijo - Susumu Chiba
    Hanabusa Aido - Jun Fukuyama
    Akatsuki Kain - Junichi Suwabe
    Senri Shiki - Soichiro Hoshi <3<3<3<3
    Ruka Soen - Junko Minagawa
    Rima Tohya - Eri Kitamura
    Seiren - Risa Mizuno
    Headmaster Cross - Hozumi Goda
    Sayori Wakaba - Kana Ueda
    Shizuka Hio - Keiko Sonoda

Now, most of these voice actors should be familiar to the anime fans, but if for some reason you can't remember who's who, just let me know! I will be happy to help!

The Opening Theme for VK is Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi by ON/OFF. Now, I know I tend to introduce Japanese without giving explanations, so the translation for the title of the theme song is Twin Beats and Red Sin. Oooh, mysterious!

The Ending Theme is Still Doll by Wakeshima Kanon. I haven't heard the ending theme, so I can't really say much about it. Hopefully, it will be super good.

Next, I'm going to post a link to the official website where you all can take yet another glimpse at what's being offered! Vampire Knight -click me-

Ciao ne, everyone!
  10. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Hello, everyone! I know very few people come to this thread, but I don't care! Anyhow, someone subbed the VK promo on crunchyroll, so I wanted to post the link for those who would like to know what the hell is going on! Go for it!

Vampire Knight Promo: Subbed Version

P.S. Please refrain from drinking blood on WF grounds for it is forbidden!
  11. The Liztress Poison Pink

The promo was acting up for me... But what I did see made me wnt to watch it even more now.
  12. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, yeah. The first episode of Vampire Knight is available on Veoh-subbed and everything! It's a bit quick to say, but I'm digging the anime. I feel that the anime fleshes out some of the secondary characters by a small margin (whereas in the manga, the first chapter kind of felt like a blur, you know). My favorite voice actors are in this show, so I'm extra happy. The animation quality is kind of nice, too...though the uniforms don't stand out. Well, that's understandable! Plus, the ending theme really fits in with VK. I've always felt that VK had a nice dosage of Gothic Horror, so the ending really helps >_>;.
  13. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Kaname, Zero, and Hanabuso are extremely good-looking. It's animes like this where I wish I was an anime character. Yuki isn't too bad off either.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Kain can bite me anyway day. Along with Kaname-sama. Yuki needs to get her act together and gtfover Zero. Yeah, he's nice to look at and all, but HELLO! KANAME-SAMA PINES FOR YOU, GODDAMMIT! That's like not accepting free perfume samples from the counter at Macy's. You just...don't do that. Far be it from me to push my feelings onto Miss Guardian, but I really do think there's a great chemistry between her and Kaname. 'course, Ruka would be pissed beyond reason, but oh well.
  15. It looks pretty cool, but I hope America doesn't ruin it like we do to almost every other manga/anime show we touch.
  16. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

It's just subbed for now. I don't think we can do any damage to something that's just subbed. By the way Mai, I was at Barnes and Noble earlier today, and they have all four volumes. I managed to convince my mom to get them for me. :D
    1 people like this.
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Omigawd, that is beyond omega cool! You're totally going to love the comics since there are some funny extra stuff in each volume.