Tom Clancy's:Splinter Cell RP

Discussion in 'General Theme RP' started by Pie, Apr 6, 2007.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell RP

Your mission is to recover some stolen files...Take out the General, Leader, and Founder of the Rogue Army... And Of Course go Unnoticed. You arrive outside of a desert town in New Mexico.....
    Sgt Spike(on Radio)-The base is Underground you have to find the entrance in a home in the northwest section of town. I suggest you take the rooftops to get to that part of town... Your "tools" will be a silence pistol (24/07), a tranquilizer gun, piano wire and a of course a towel. You arrive somewhere in the south part of town.
    1 people like this.
  2. Darth Arkas RC-1138

...That's a little bit short there, Plynthe. How about you give us some bigger background information, or at least mention that you'd like people to join, and you're willing to elaborate once you've got some attention on it?
  3. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

I'll prob join but as AK said elaborate. We need rules etc and a basic char sheet to fill out...etc.
  4. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

As Hawk and AK already said, i'll join...but i'd like to know more first.
  5. Darth Arkas RC-1138

...And when you do get around to it... Please remind me why the hell why have a bloody towel. I'm not kidding. Why the fuck the towel?
  6. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

I have a confession to make. I have never....did this..thing...RP. Never. Go ahead. Throw rocks at the outkast.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

Buff...Er...Elaborating

No one else can join as agents(At least for this mission. Unless we get some more Support Characters)...We should do this in real time But we don't have to....(People however can join as hostages 'n' stuff....)

You guys are ex-marines recruited to unnofficial public safety organization....
    Your team's are individually referred to as "Splinter Cell's"....
    No one's allowed to see you...
    No one's allowed to notice you...
    All traces of your existance have been erased...
    blah blah blah
    Basically your like a secret ninja-marine guy who secretly works for the gov'...

Rules
    If you are noticed BY ANYONE except who you are expressly to not to kill... you have Silence them
    Avoid Cameras, Dogs, and Sensing devices.
    Friends can easily turn out to be enemies.
    Teams can consist of one to two person teams...(you are creating your team not just your character)
    Don't forget to interrogate people
    No magic, faeries, etc ...duh
    Example...

Name-Spike Walworth
    Age-28
    (opt)Race-American(your character has to be I think...)
    (opt)Ethnic Background-(Irish-German, Native American)
    (opt)Background-He's fought in a recent war. He's gotten many people out of tricky situations. Prefers the use of non-lethal weaponry. He reads manga in his free time Especially Naruto. He compares himself to Kakashi.
    Intelligence-Above Average(don't be afraid to put below-average or dumb as long as you compensate it with other skills.)
    Reflexes-Average
    Weapons-mace, smoke grenade, chaff grenade, (special) chocolate bar, tranquilizer gun, Speciallized Calculator,
    Skills-Specializes in dealing with Electronics ,Metal and Wood.
    (opt)Languages-English, Spanish, Japanese
    Favorite Color-Green(the color of circuit boards)

The Rogue Army is pretty much a mystery...
    They have several hostages(12)...A doctor(Spike's Friend), Melissa Kiuchuki(One of you guys), 3 Scientists (Bob, Bill and Robert Zenomski),
    And Some of the friends and family of diplomats, a general, and the president.

Items at the base-Memory erasure capsules, Silenced guns(including Shotguns),

Other things you have-Suits that can hide you completely in almost any shadow. Goggles that give you optical input(analysis, copying data, maps.)
    You have a backpack in a manner of speaking

Things to consider- You haven't left base yet(it's an inconspicuous van)
    That Suit and all the other stuff you can't leave there (remember, you don't officially exist) but the stuff you find however...you can.
    You can combine items
    The more stuff you carry the less mobility you have.
    You can do more stuff than you can in the game.

Skills you already have...
    Stealth
    Highly-Trained Close-Quarters Combat Skills
    You can survive extremes

By The Way Towels can help you grab hot objects, Use ziplines or similar things, bend prison doors, put ether on peoples faces to knock them out, filter out poisonous gases, etc...There's a lot you can do with them.
  8. Darth Arkas RC-1138

...Uh, dude... We wear gloves. I have played maybe 1 SC game where Fisher or the multiplayer spies didn't have gloves, and that was just because of the storyline @ that point in the game. The gloves take over that stuff. As for gases and whatnot, the agents (SC's, if you will) are immune to their own knockout gases and such. That's how it works. Gas masks will just have to be obtained or something in the mission for poisonous gases in rooms and such.

Now, here's a question: We can kill only our designated targets. Anyone else in the way (hostages don't count for this. I'm not stupid), we have to knock out or otherwise subdue in a manner suitable for the situation.

On that killing note: Do we get our sharp, pointy combat knives? And what about my remote hacking device? That's the little screen on your arm that you can use to disable lights, emit an ultrasonic sound to break glass and lure guards away, obviously hack terminals, etc.
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

It's time for some truth...Umm I NEVER played SC But I have seen gameplay....You may get knives if you find them....you pretty much have the standard gear from the game....By the way if you know these items from the game that I don't just post what they are and what they do and I'll decide if you'll need it...By the way food will heal health instead of whatever the game uses because it adds an element of mortality....As for Gas Immunity, you may have it but do the people you are rescuing have them...not unless you find or otherwise acquire those for them...

I will make characters for anyone who doesn't want/know how to do so themselves....Don't forget you can easily spot items...You also may not have gloves with you all of the time....
  10. Darth Arkas RC-1138

...I'll go over this again, and I'll do my best not to be overly sarcastic. Please understand that I am restraining myself to the best of my ability as I type this.

Knives have been a part of EVERY SC game since they were introduced in Chaos Theory, which reinvented the way close combat works in Tom Clancy's world. Unless you are somehow captured, you will never lose it. It's a sheath-style knife, double-edged, w/ 1/2 of one side of the blade serrated, the rest is all straight edge (it's obviously curved, pretty much like a standard double-edged dagger. It's just not quite that long. The blade is a good 4, maybe 5 inches in length. It's built so that there is no gleam or shine to it, for the record. This is frikkin' NSA we're talkin' about.)

Gloves, unless captured and the enemy is a bunch of almost semi-intelligent assholes, you will have. It's part of your standard kit. Been in EVERY SC game to date, other than the specific storyline sections where you have been stripped of your equipment.

Remote hacking devices were added in Double Agent, which I have not played much of, I'll admit. I've explained how they work. If you don't want us to have them, state so now, or I assume we all start w/ 'em. They also act as mini-computers, to some extent. You can view files and such.

Food has never been in an SC game. In Chaos Theory's co-op mode, each agent has 1 syringe containing a medical substance that will recover an allied agent to 1/2 health if they are "incapacitated", be it by bullets or whathaveyou.

...There aren't actually any grenades, other than enemy ones, in the game that I can recall. You really don't have any flash bangs or knockout gas grenades because for all the hostage rescue stuff, it's never been necessary. SC was designed so that you utilize force, but you do it quietly, so no one else knows you did anything. That's why the game "prefers" you use non-lethal close combat techniques on just about everybody, but it's not always recommended. If you're sure you can get a guard's body away, where no one would look for a dead guy, then there's no reason not to slit his throat, hide the body, and move on.

Introduced in Chaos Theory is a permanent attachment to your silenced pistol that can temporarily disable electronic devices, such as security cameras, lights, laser defense grids, etc.

In Double Agent, you now have a personal winch that you can use to lower yourself from a fixed, solid position, such as an overhead pipe system, to move straight down on a rope line and retrieve items or manually hack terminals w/o being detected. In Chaos Theory's co-op mode, your partner can lower you in much the same way, except it is via rope, and he must be sercurely in a fixed position, such as air ducts, roof of a building, etc.

On the note of co-op, there are special 2 agent manuvers that you can perform in Chaos Theory w/ said partner.
    One of you can throw the other using momentum to clear horizontal laser fences if you can't remotely hack and disable the fence.
    Agents can help each other climb up a wall that a single agent can't jump up and grab himself.
    I'm trying to think of the other one's I've missed and not mentioned previously.

Now, shall we try again? I think so.
    1 people like this.
  11. PKT Forever /a/lone

Yeah you have that stuff....
    Plus the stuff I said MINUS the towel also a small item teleporter....
    Even the hacking device....

One last thing....
    I think you should team up with some one....
    AK, you going in alone....
    If so you stealthily make it to the north side of town which is full of people. It soon becomes apparent that theres a party of some sort. You then remember the day is the Fourth of July. There are fireworks in the air so the rooftops will be brightly lit in about a half an hour. However the alleyways should be vacant as this is an event no one will want to miss. What would you do next ?
  12. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

I suppose then we'll start when AK returns from his trip. I say we make this the rules/char sheet thread because of all the Qs so far and a new one is started for the actual RP. I'll make a char sheet sometime over the weekend I think... I suppose Grave may too, and AK when he gets back.
  13. IMHO I think AK should run the RP.
  14. PKT Forever /a/lone

Well apparently he's played the game but I know RP'ing. If he wants to do it then I think he should. If he doesn't then I will. :p
  15. That wasn't against you by the way.
  16. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Well, maybe both you AND AK can run it. You both seem to know RPing pretty well, and AK know's Splinter Cell sooo...
  17. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

There are grenades and flash grenades. You also have a sticky camera that makes a noise to lure a gaurd. Then you can either leave the camera view and kill him, or you can use the sleeping gas that's in the camera. There's also a sticky shocker, which shocks anyone who gets hit with it, and airfoil rings, which can knock out enemies if fired at his head. All three of these are attachments for the SC-20K launcher.
  18. Darth Arkas RC-1138

I stand, sit, and RP corrected. I forgot about the attachments for that stuff on the SC-20K rifle. Thank you. I feel much better now.

I'm not interested in "running" the RP, per say. I will instead check over all the posts to make sure everything stays in line w/ how the game works.
    Hawk, gib Chaos Theory. I've got me some refreshing to do...
  19. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

Alright, well everyoen make their char sheets, I will after someone else does because I have to go soon... then a new thread should be started and we can begin.
  20. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

I guess I'm in, but someone else start. It's my first RP :p
    Also, you're welcome AK.