The Thing of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by PKT, Oct 1, 2011.

1. PKT Forever /a/lone

Add your own the day or moment or comment on them.

Image of the hour...
    [IMG]
    Food of the day...Popsicles
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

Image of the day:

[IMG]

This thing in my Photobucket account for no particular reason. I mean, I'm sure there was some reason when I put it in there, but I have no idea what that reason was.

Food of the day: Steak, because my parents and sister went to O'Charley's and three of us got steaks.

Word of the (last few) day(s): Giraffes

Made up day of the week of the day: Tuesmonsaturnesday

Random blurb of the day: COCK

hour of the day: 11:00

day of the hour: Friday

more ways to waste your day of the day: making up stupid categories to stretch this post beyond the limits of the imagination
  3. PKT Forever /a/lone

Anime of the day. FLCL
    Phrase of the day Kakin Bingo
    Word of the moment... Bonus!
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

5. Venom Well-Known Member

Phrase of the day: "I am an Indian, but not that kind of Indian"

pic of the day:
    [IMG]
    Another thing randomly plucked from my photobucket account because I'm too lazy to go find a good image and I haven't just happened upon one.

BONUS: Caption of the day to the pic of the day: "War. War never changes."

drink of the day: Wild Cherry Pepsi (it's like the only thing I've drank the entire day)

random happening of the day: I was playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows and, it may have been a glitch, but I caused Spidey to run across a rooftop at inhuman speed. I web-zipped towards a building and hit the top of the wall just as I was hitting the top of the building, and Spidey flew across the roof. I couldn't do it again so that's why I think it was a glitch.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

The Wish of the Day
    1313898073376.jpg
    A Precure anime that is all about boys, or a genderswapped Precure episode. I think I got a little hot and heavy...and possibly drippy.
  7. PKT Forever /a/lone

Wish of the moment...
    I wish I could figure out some way to fix my life...It's not broken but a lot doesn't make sense yet...

EDIT-Word of the Day is: Apple...
  8. Venom Well-Known Member

Wish of the day: I wish my mom had gone to the store and bought some hot dogs. I want me a yellow dog. Well, yellow and red. On a bun. FUCK

Random lol of the day: I was playing Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 and I kept calling Seabook "Seabiscuit." At first it was on purpose but after that I couldn't stop. I also called Hayato "Dunkin' Donuts" for no particular reason, until I saw there was someone named Dunkel, then I switched and started referring to him that way.

Awesomeness of the day that's not awesome enough to post in the "what made today awesome" of the day: My cursor is now Kirby with an ice power, and my "busy" cursor is Sonic's idle animation from Sonic 1.

Phrase/contradiction of the day: "I fight for the eradication of conflict."

Frightening image of the day:
    [IMG]

Picture of the day to offset the frightening image of the day although it's arguably more frightening of the day:
    [IMG]
  9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

That's one...major contradiction there >__>.

Nightmare Game of the Day is Demonophobia
  10. Nazo Moderator

My penis is the thing of the day.
  11. PKT Forever /a/lone

Boobs are my pic for gender indicator of the day.
  12. Venom Well-Known Member

lol of the day: I was playing Splinter Cell: Conviction earlier, and I shot out a light and like four guys simultaneously went "oh, shit!" for a lovely chorus of cursing.

wish of the day: that I had a HDMI cable (or at least composite cables that could output 1080p/i) for PS3. I bought two games for PS3 earlier and I can barely stand to play them because the picture looks all small and squished.

smiley of the day: whatever the hell this is supposed to be :twins:
  13. Nazo Moderator

Go for 1080p, btw.

Progressive is smooth and has no lag.
    Interlaced is shit tier. Don't use it. Trust me when I say that no matter how hard you try to calibrate it, 1080i for some reason always has bad response time for games. From when you actually hit a button on the controller to when it happens on screen. And if you don't have 1080p, use 720p. There literally is no difference in the two.

Game of the Day: Oblivion.

Mods to the max.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Kurisu-kun~, since you're all that and a bag of condoms when it comes to technological marvels (I made a pun in there somewhere kehehheh), could you answer this question for me? If I get a flat-screen TV what do I need to get for it in order to make sure the picture quality doesn't suck, because my mother has one and her screen doesn't quite look like the ones you see in Bestbuy >__>;.

Also, Dessert of the Day is Strawberry Cheesecake. Jesus Christ, I don't even like strawberries that much and I'm loving it!
  15. PKT Forever /a/lone

Game of the day is phantom brave the hermuda triangle for psp. I saw like a ninety level dungeon in there that could take like days to beat. I mean it was 90 ish levels deep and since they are generated it could had had a shit ton of enemies too. It'd be like rpg battle heaven.
  16. Venom Well-Known Member

Isn't the PSP Phantom Brave just like Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, AGAIN? I thought it was just another remake, but I could be mistaken.

Also, Chris, I'll keep that in mind. I have no idea what my 360 is set on right now but I don't have any issues with games on it, so it may be on 1080p. If it happens to be on 1080i then I may not have anything to worry about.

And just to avoid getting off topic:

lame insult of the day: "yo mama so white people think her house is haunted"
  17. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Better than "yo mama so fat that all the buffet restaurants had to create a banned-from-service sign just for her" >__>; and I thought Phantom Brave PSP was just another port...or rather, a port of the Wii Edition. Well, I'm too busy with Persona 2 to play other games right now, so I wouldn't know...

and today's euphemism-for-masturbation is "practicing hand signs"
  18. Venom Well-Known Member

Err, yeah, that's what I meant. Port, not remake.

We Meet Again for the third time because NIS is too busy making new Disgaea games to make new games in any other series!

Not that there's anything wrong with Disgaea.

Wish of the day: that there wasn't so GOD DAMN MANY GAMES COMING OUT IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER, NOT TO MENTION MUSIC ALBUMS AND DVDS. My wallet is going to die a horrible starvation invoked death.
  19. PKT Forever /a/lone

Well in Phantom Brave PSP there another story in addition to the original story that can be seen as a sequel in a way. They also tend to do this with the disgaea games. Maybe the other N1 [nippon ichi] games too. They tend to make the remakes a fair bit better though if you didn't like em the first time...just saying they don't change that much as far as I know.
  20. Nazo Moderator

Well, first off. Most "flat screens" as you call them, LCD/Plasma tv's, are equipped with usually 720p to 1080p definition. Unless you're unlucky like me and chose a 1080i TV so I just play on 720p. Anyway, just because an HDTV has HD capabilities doesn't mean the things you watch are broadcast in HD. For instance, if you have Cable/Satellite, you'll have to upgrade to the HD package so you'll get the channels to broadcast in HD, if they so do broadcast in HD. Some channels just don't. If you don't have an HD package, the receiver is going to broadcast whatever you're watching in 480p/i (Standard Definition). So the TV is clocking down to that definition. Same thing with xbox/ps3/blu-ray players. For the 360, you'd have to set the display settings in the 360 in the system to HD. Same thing with a PS3. Blu-ray players are auto-HD and will clock with the max definition of the TV.

Basically, if you have an HDTV, it doesn't mean it's going to automatically set things to HD. The TV will clock to whatever definition the item you're watching is in. Upgrade to HD packages for your cable/satellite and you'll see the difference.

Honestly, I've never had any trouble in single player games. The trouble comes in multiplayer for some reason, it's strange. Sometimes it'll happen when I hook my TV up to my PC to watch shows on it from the net. The sound will off sync and on sync a lot. If I set the resolution to 720p though, it's fine, but it makes the picture kinda 'eh' since that's not the native resolution.
    Tentei No Mai likes this.