The Lost Spartans: Rules,background, and profiles

Discussion in 'Topika' started by SeanFury, Aug 21, 2006.

1. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

Basis: The story of a group of Spartans that had gone M.I.A. when the Covenant attacked Earth. Based loosely on South America in the year 2552, about the time of the events of Halo 2 (and most likely Halo 3). Lost in the vast jungles of South America, the squadron of Spartans must find a way to escape the deathtrap of uncontrolled nature, while at the same time fighting off Covenant units that had taken root in the hidden reaches of forest.

References: Read ALL of this, as it pertains greatly to the RP, unless you are of course a Halo addict like myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_universe#Planets
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_II
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJOLNIR#MJOLNIR_Mark_VI
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_universe#Weaponry

Taken Spartan IDs: 008, 029, 039, 043, 044, 058, 062, 087, 093, 104, 117, and 458

Character Profile Format:
    Squad #65 (in order of rank)

Name: Sean
    Spartan ID: Sean-414
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 252 lbs.
    Home Planet: Eridanus 2
    Team Placement: Team Leader
    Combat Speciality: Very high dexterity, extremely quick reflexes and agility even when compared to other Spartans. Charismatic and can easily come up with creative battle strategies. Also has an uncanny amount of luck (this was seen during a training test when Sean had to hit targets while smoke bombs were rained down on him and he hit all the targets by firing randomly).
    Weapons: BR55 Battle Rifle, two M6C Semiautomatic Officer's Sidearms, and three M9 HE-DP Fragmentation Grenades
    Short Bio: Sean was born on Eridanus 2 and like all other Spartan applicants, was taken away at the age of 6 and trained until he was 17 when he was deemed ready to advance into actual combat. Placed alongside a small squadron of Spartans, he was deployed near Earth to fight the Covenent Flagship "Ascendant Justice". His ship was destroyed and sent crashing down to Earth almost as soon as the battle started however. His squadron have been labeled M.I.A.

Name: Ezekiel Seeth
    Spartan ID: Spartan-043
    Height: 6'0''
    Weight: (without armor) 270 lbs [Not very heavy when taking into consideration that spartan's have denser muscles due to their augmentations]
    Home Planet: Earth
    Team Placement: Marksman
    Combat Speciality: Ezekiel, or Zeek as he's been known to his spartan family, has always had the best eyes in his teem. He's never been the biggest, strongest, or fastest. But his unique violet eyes have always been able to spot the most dificult things.
    Weapons: Sniper Rifle only modifications are the trigger which is more sensitive than most, and a clip which holds more amo (eight rounds), duel magnums. Insted of grenades Zeek ops to carry more amo with him.
    Short Bio: On of the very few children selected from Earth. Ezekiel was taken from a very christian home. This Christian life style didn't leave him when he was taken from his home to become a warrior. Upon his abduction he grabbed onto a small bible wich he keeps with him still. Out of the few of the origional spartans who live on he continues to do his job. The thought of most of his team dead bugs him at times but never inturupts his mission.

Name: Bob 086
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 300 lbs.
    Home Planet: Reach
    Team Placement: Rifleman
    Combat Specialty: Spartan 086 was always in the middle of the pack in comparison to the other Spartans, having many strong abilities, but never being the best. This lead him to be placed in general rifleman training. However, as time in training continued, it soon became apparent that Bob has near-precognitive abilities. This allowed him to see dangerous situations moments before they happen, allowing him to react accordingly. This has the suits at the Department of Intelligence stumped about the origin of this ability.
    Bio: As a child on Reach, Bob was always the explorer. As soon as he saw a tall structure of any kind he was immediately thinking of ways to scale the way to the top. He was almost rejected from the Spartan program because in his youth he achieved a position on the front page of the local newspaper after saving his younger sister by pushing the both of them out of the path of a drunk driver. In an interview he mentioned that he had saw the both of them being splattered to the pavement in his head a second before the driver almost hit them. This public display of his face and abilities almost put him off the list of Spartan potentials, but he had made it after a faked death by his flash clone. He has kept his feelings of compassion towards other living beings and sense of honor throughout his time in the Spartans.

Name: Greger
    Spartan ID: 127
    Height: 6'11"
    Weight: 380 lbs.
    Home Planet: Harvest
    Team Placement: Grenadier
    Combat Specialty: Very strong even when compared to other top ranking Spartans. And a very exceptional hand to hand combat fighter
    Weapons: full grenades, battle rifle, brute shot.
    Short Bio: From Harvest where few beings survived from. When he was a child he was always a head taller than and twice as strong as the other kids. He decided to improve on his strengths and over the years he grew much stronger. Then he was recruited into the Spartan program and during the neurological augmentation they had made a mistake and he now has lost all meaning to the word fear. He always rushes head first into any situation, and usually succeeds with brute strength alone, but when told he could be strategic and more careful.
  2. Demented Karma ¤†...Sleeping Sanity...¤†

Name: Ezekiel Seeth
    Spartan ID: Spartan 043
    Height: 6' 0''
    Weight: (without armor) 270 lbs [Not very heavy when taking into consideration that spartan's have denser muscles due to their augmentations]
    Team Placement: Marksman
    Combat Speciality: Ezekiel, or Zeek as he's been known to his spartan family, has always had the best eyes in his teem. He's never been the biggest, strongest, or fastest. But his unique violet eyes have always been able to spot the most dificult things.
    Weapons: Sniper Rifle only modifications are the trigger which is more sensitive than most, and a clip which holds more amo (eight rounds), duel magnums. Insted of grenades Zeek ops to carry more amo with him.
    Short Bio: On of the very few children selected from Earth. Ezekiel was taken from a very christian home. This christian life style didn't leave him when he was taken from his home to become a warrior. Upon his abduction he grabbed onto a small bible wich he keeps with him still. Out of the few of the origional spartans who live on he continues to do his job. The thought of most of his team dead bugs him at times but never inturupts his mission.
  3. Saint Villas Because God hates you.

Name: Bob 086
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 300 lbs.
    Team Placement: Rifleman
    Combat Specialty: Spartan 086 was always in the middle of the pack in comparison to the other Spartans, having many strong abilities, but never being the best. This lead him to be placed in general rifleman training. However, as time in training continued, it soon became apparent that Bob has near-precognitive abilities. This allowed him to see dangerous situations moments before they happen, allowing him to react accordingly. This has the suits at the Department of Intelligence stumped about the origin of this ability.
    Bio: As a child on Reach, Bob was always the explorer. As soon as he saw a tall structure of any kind he was immediately thinking of ways to scale the way to the top. He was almost rejected from the Spartan program because in his youth he achieved a position on the front page of the local newspaper after saving his younger sister by pushing the both of them out of the path of a drunk driver. In an interview he mentioned that he had saw the both of them being splattered to the pavement in his head a second before the driver almost hit them. This public display of his face and abilities almost put him off the list of Spartan potentials, but he had made it after a faked death by his flash clone. He has kept his feelings of compassion towards other living beings and sense of honor throughout his time in the Spartans.
  4. Adramelechk New Member

Name:Greger
    Spartan ID:127
    Height:6'11"
    Weight:380
    Home Planet:Harvest
    Team Placement:Grenadier
    Combat Speciality:Very strong even when compared to other top ranking Spartans. And a very exeptainal hand to hand combat fighter
    Weapons:full granades, battle rifle, brute shot.
    Short Bio: From Havest where few beings survived from. When he was a child he was always a head taller and twice as strong as the other kids. He decided to improve on his strenths and over the years he grew much stronger. then he was recruted into the sparton program and during the noralogical agmentation they had made aa mistake and he now has loss all meaning to the word fear. he always rushes head first into any situation, and usally suceeds with brute strenth alone, but when told he could be stratigic and more careful.
  5. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

This thread is now over and reserved for questions only, a new thread will be started for the actual RP when I get a chance.
  6. Demented Karma ¤†...Sleeping Sanity...¤†

Well that sucks. Do we need to repost our shit or will you? Anyway why are we changing threads?
  7. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

Because I like being organized. Everything is fine right in this thread, the other thread will be the RP only and this thread will be for questions and etc.
  8. Darth Arkas RC-1138

Looks like it's pretty much dead in here, but if anyone's willing to still do this, I'm in. I'll do a lil profile thingy if I get a response. If not, then I'm gonna start bugging EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU that posted a profile in here. Watch me if you believe otherwise.
  9. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

I may be up for it pending my rereading of the Halo books and/or beating Halo/2's campaign.
  10. Darth Arkas RC-1138

The Fall of Reach is most important to read. After that, maybe Ghosts of Onyx (haven't gotten that one yet) or 1st Strike. You play through the campaign of a Halo game once or so, you've got the gist of it and it's not a big deal. I'll just go ahead and make the damned profile and be done w/ it.

Name: Arkas
    Spartan ID: 666
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 215
    Team Placement: Sniper
    Combat Speciality: Only time he misses is when the gun jams. Top class stealth abilities. Prefers to work in squads, so he rarely quarrels w/ anybody.
    Weapons: modded Sniper rifle (improved scope, removable silencer, compatible w/ standard and armor piercing rounds), Shotgun
    Short Bio:
    Arkas was curious about guns and weapons at a very young age. His parents were the first to teach him how to shoot, so when he was taken and entered the Spartan program, he was already extremely proficient w/ all the weapons he test fired in training. As a youngster, he was always the last man found at hide 'n seek. He also preferred to play and work in groups rather than alone, but once he had an assignment, he was content to focus on that sole purpose and problem-solve his way to a fitting solution. His training only enhanced and refined these abilities to a level above and beyond the norm for the average Spartan.
  11. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Count me in as well. But, this bio will suck...since i'm not that well aquanted with the Halo universe. I own the first game, but haven't played it in years. Gonna have to buy some of the novels soon.

Name: Grave
    Spartan ID: 667
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 200
    Team Placement: Sniper
    Combat Speciality: He can use his sniper rifle with a deadly percision matched by few. Also has a highly advanced cloaking system, to equal one deadly assassin.
    Weapons: modded Sniper rifle (improved scope, removable silencer, compatible w/ standard and armor piercing rounds), Shotgun
    Short Bio: Very little is known about this stealthy Spartan.
    He's thought to be the sole survivor of a special breed of Spartan's with advanced cloaking technology. Although there are way's to detect him, few have the capabilities to do so. He is known to have originated on Earth, but other than that...his past is a mystery.
  12. Darth Arkas RC-1138

...Nice Grave. 2 Snipers. Thanks.
    j/k. It's cool. Teamwork, n00b!

Nice choice of ID #. At least I know where mine comes from! I was wonderin' when someone would call me on that...
  13. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Well, glad you don't mind the "2 Snipers" thing! ;)

I just hope we can get this thing going soon :)
  14. Darth Arkas RC-1138

Ditto. I PMed the other 2 guys/girls in on this one, so we'll see what happens.
  15. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Awesome man. Glad to see you taking some initiative to get things going. And if you wanna take it a step farther(like if they don't check the boards) you could I.M em on AIM.
  16. Darth Arkas RC-1138

@ this point, it seems none of the originals are going to come back, or respond in anyway. We'll keep their stuff reserved, but @ this point, we press on w/o them. I'll boot up another thread for the actual RP if we can get some people in on this, because even though I'm not a fan of Halo, I've ALWAYS loved squad based things.
    See Star Wars: Republic Commando and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series for details.