Test Your Vocab!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Rainbow Deluxe, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

2. Venom Well-Known Member

[IMG]

I R smart lolz.
  3. Nazo Moderator

20'600 words lol

Mainly because I don't need to use uncommon words to get my point across. If you have to use words that people would say are "big" words or, "encyclopedic" you probably shouldn't open your mouth. You just look like an ass. Also, it's a fact, that people who study language and get smart at using those words, that's the only thing they're good at, but they're usually only good at it in text. Most people don't think fast enough to keep dishing out the "big" words.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I don't remember the exact number, but I think I was about 400 words behind Nekoko-chan >__>;. Oh, and well, I'm going to be really honest by saying I tend to be extremely choosy about my words, especially when I'm writing a paper. I can't even stand to repeat the same adjective or whatever word twice within a paragraph, so that's probably the only reason why I know some words.
  5. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I AM THE SAME WAY, MAI. LIKE I REALLY HATE IT WHEN I EVEN HAVE TO READ SOMEONE PUT "Apparently" or "In addition" MORE THAN ONCE. IN A PARAGRAPH. ._.
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

It's so bad that certain comrades hate asking me to edit their papers >__>;. I'll be all hostile and shit by saying things like "Okay, we haven't even cleared the third sentence and you've used "thus" 5 times? GET OUT THE FUCKING THESAURUS YOU LAZY CUNT AND TOSS IN WORDS LIKE "THEREFORE" "FURTHERMORE" "ONLY TO HAVE" or God knows what else! IN THE NAME OF THE MOON I AM GOING TO BLAST YOUR ASS".

Yeah, totally hostile.
  7. Venom Well-Known Member

lol.

I'm that way when I write songs so they're not terribly repetitive (not that they'll ever be performed, but at least they're more fun to read that way) but in general conversation I just use whatever comes to mind first, even if it came to mind 6 times already.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I'm totally okay with word repetition when it's spoken or when it's between...I don't know, comrades or whatever >__>. I mean, people could count the number of times I say "totally" or "obviously", but man, when it's like for school or work I get fucking edgy. Back in elementary school I used to become impatient with those that couldn't read fast enough to me, because despite my speech impediment I could go through my selected page pretty nicely. It was so bad that my third grade teacher would always look at me with eyes of fire when some loser had to read.