Star Wars Books

Discussion in 'Literature Archive' started by WiteWolf82, Oct 30, 2006.

1. WiteWolf82 New Member

Alright, I'll admit it, I'm a total dork for Star Wars. I actually first started watching the MOVIES for the first time a couple of years ago, and was hooked. Since then, I've been doing a Star Wars-type RP, watched the movies several times, and have more recently been reading books. So far I've read the books based off the movies for Episodes 2 and 3, Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, and Star Wars: Heir to the Empire. I plan on finishing the series by Timothy Zahn after Heir, but I looked at a list of the written books for SW and was like O.O HOMG. So, while I would like to read them all, I don't see that happening.

I'm hoping someone else on here has read some of these books. If so, what books should I try to avoid? I think a friend of mine told me to not bother with the X-Wing series. Any suggestions? And yes, I know I'm a dork. Leave me alone. :D
  2. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I've read a number of the Star Wars books, and my favorites are probably those by Timothy Zahn. I'd suggest almost anything he wrote. Besides for him, I can't think of any authors that stick out for me.
  3. WiteWolf82 New Member

Thanks, Dan, I didn't know you were a Star Wars literature connesieur (I probably spelled that completely wrong)! I really like Zahn's work as well. He did Dark Lord too, didn't he?

RA Salvatore did the Episode II novel, and apparently he's written another series. He seems like a decent writer. I might check him out.
    1 people like this.
  4. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

regarding RA Salvatore: I've read a number of his D&D books...and I was never aware he was doing Star Wars now. Definitely look into those, and i'll have to do the same.