Sonic X, is this worthy of being on this forum?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by saphron the hedgehog, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has watched this show. Its a children's anime but its pretty cool. Sonic leaves his planet because of Eggman doing Chaos Control and Sonic, Eggman, Tails,etc end up on planet Earth. The episodes revolve around Eggman trying to get chaos emeralds to take over the world and Sonic and pals kicking his butt. Every episode is different though. There is some cutsey/corny stuff but I usually overlook it.

Pictures of the first episode:http://www.teamartail.com/sonicx/01/
    Favorite episode: http://www.teamartail.com/sonicx/45/
    1 people like this.
  2. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

God awful show.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I've seen a few episodes and I suppose it's an alright program, I personally like most anime that broadcasts in America. Oddly enough, I find that when I hate an Anime released on American TV, I normally find out later it was heavily edited for the American release (case in point: Cardcaptors, an anime absolutely SLAUGHTERED by the american editors). Anyhow, Sonic X is okay, but it's not something I watch regularily, just, you know, when it's on and there's nothing much else to do. Not exactly bad, just... not really something I'd watch on a regular basis.
  4. I knew it wasn't worthy.:(
  5. Ted Owls don't lie.

I've seen a few episodes. It's an okay show, but not something I'd watch all the time.
  6. The Bill tf2 is a good game

Pretty much same as Legend Saber and Sir Rhynir. It's okay, but not something to watch all of the time.
    1 people like this.
  7. William Guest

Saw it once, didn't like it.

But wait...it was an anime? I thought it was just a regular cartoon...I should've been more attentive.
  8. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I think it's anime, it sure is trying to copy the style, but I don't know if it's actual 'anime' (as in, created and designed mainly by Japanese people). It's usually fairly obvious when an American tries to copy the Japanese style (like with Teen Titans, which looks anime, but I caught on to the fact that it wasn't after just one episode) though, and if it was American, my Americanization sense would be tingling.
  9. I think it is an anime. On the credits it says its a translation and it was created by SEGA/Sonic Team.
  10. Zerostar Rawr n' Stuff

It's an anime, it's just that it's new so it doesn't look quite like all the classic stuff everyone immediately associates with anime. :)

Anyhoo, I thought it was alright, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, though I'm not a big Sonic fan. Of course, I'm a big MegaMan fan, and I go out of my way to avoid the translated MegaMan.exe anime. >>;

There's such a HUGE difference between the original Japanese versions and the slaughtered North American releases of most recent anime. Your best bet for avoiding the cornball stuff they smother them in is checking out WPP. They fan-sub the Japanese version of animes that were heavily edited upon release in North America, and that won't be releasing unedited versions. It has fan-subbed Sonic X, but their tracker's down right now. T.T
  11. ProtoJMB Gone

I very much dislike the Sonic X series. It seems like Sonic lost his 'tude! I don't know, he seems a bit incompetent for some reason. Plus Jaleel White isn't Sonic's voice, so that was the shows' downfall right there.
  12. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

You mean the "'tude!" that made him retarded in the first place?

Though this "new-newer" Sonic isn't much better.