So I was cleaning out one of my drawers the other day ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Archangel Sabre, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

And I found this:

[IMG]

I've ... never owned a Virtual Boy in my life. :confused:

Also found in said drawer: my original receipt for Final Fantasy VII, a chemistry project I did in tenth grade, a Rubik's Cube, the Official Pokemon Handbook, some Super Mario Wendy's happy meal toys from 2002, and Pokemon cards. Lots and lots of Pokemon cards.

STILL don't know how a Virtual Boy game's instruction manual got in there.
  2. Venom Well-Known Member

Your drawer is a time warp to the 90's, maybe?
  3. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

What the hell is up with that stuff? If we crawl into your drawer can we return to the good ol' days when FF's were Good F's, the American Dollar was strong enough to make importing coolies, and The Spice Girls were semi-relevant?

But sometimes when I go through my father's storage house (the fucker loves the build shit) sometimes I'll discover things that shouldn't even exist. Like a Furby.
  4. Nazo Moderator

... David...?

Are you David Tennant?

Doctor?
  5. PKT Forever /a/lone

I want6 the VB Game Manual...
  6. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Oh, right, just because of Sou-to I went by my father's place and I found my Official Pokemon Handbook along with the original pokedex and other...poke-gear. I was such a Pokefag in middle school -__-;. And don't even get me started on how over the weekend I'll ride my bike around various places with my pokedex and some toy pokeballs pretending that I'm a trainer on the way to Viridian city to be the best master there ever was.
  7. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Aww, nostalgia for everyone!

I kind of want to get a Virtual Boy now and play it, to be honest.

Haha, I vaguely remember walking around a store back in the day, where they had a Virtual Boy on display, that anyone could play. It was pretty tight.

I also remember when the local supermarket had a Super Nintendo on display. Ah, the good old days.
  8. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

I remember being a stuck-up bitch and bragging to my classmates about the differences between the Mortal Kombat ports...er, SNES and Genesis, but still >__>;. Like anyone gave a flying fuck, but still! I swear, if nostalgia was a drug I'd be a junkie, because it's awesome stuff.
  9. PKT Forever /a/lone

I still have most of my pokemon cards and I plan on getting more some day. I had a dream that I got some new ones. Or maybe that was reality dunno anymore as it all blends together. As for vb just get a 3ds. What would you sell your nostalgia for anyhow...pm me if this isn't the place...
  10. Venom Well-Known Member

As do I. I remember playing the VB in Target or somewhere like that, and they had Wario Land in it. That game was awesome, but definitely not worth the price of the system itself.

I also remember SNES displays, and like, one Genesis display. The SNES displays always had Super Mario World or Donkey Kong Country regardless of the newest game out (not like demo stands today) but since I didn't have a SNES they were a lot of fun. The only Genesis display I remember seeing was Ecco the Dolphin. It blew ass. Needless to say I went home and played some Sonic or Streets of Rage to clear my mind of the monotony of playing as a dolphin who doesn't do shit.
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

...Damn, I miss Streets of Rage. Final Fight is super, but boy, Streets of Rage was awesome back in the day! And I still have my Yu-Gi-Oh! and a few of my Pokemon cards complete with original counter...bead...stone...things. And, lol, Ecco. Give me Vectorman instead!
  12. christys04 New Member

I love cleaning out my drawers and finding stuff I have been missing or finding a clothing item that I thought I lost.
  13. Venom Well-Known Member

I had Vectorman too, both games actually. I didn't really like Vectorman 2 that much though, mainly 'cause I sucked at it. But it was an awesome game, and the graphics were pretty bitchin' back in the day. I mean, I'd seen Donkey Kong Country, and probably Killer Instinct, but when those letters flew into the title screen in Vectorman, I knew I had something special. Of course Star Fox probably would have blown my mind, but I never saw it in action until well after I'd played Starfox 64.
  14. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Great, now I'm on a nostalgia road trip >__>;. Remember how fucked up the ads for Earthbound was, but how glorious it was to have that friggin' guide for free with the game? Remember when Battle Arena Toshinden was actually the bomb instead of a...well...dud? I could go on, really!

and Vectorman 2 WAS neat, wasn't it? I remember it took a while for me to get into Toejam and Earl 2, though.
  15. Venom Well-Known Member

I never saw any ads for Earthbound, and I only played Battle Arena Toshinden as a PSX demo (the only other option at the time was a NiGHTS Saturn demo, which I couldn't figure out) so I guess pretty much put a roadblock on your trip. >_>
  16. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

;__; You dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty whore! Even though I do remember those demos in Toyrsus. Some loser would ask if he could play and then I'd be like "go play with Barney, now scram" >_>;.
  17. PKT Forever /a/lone

I think I had Battle Arena Toshinden for Saturn or something. The game was good IIRC but platyed way different from most fighters at the time. I do remember trying out Mario Clash once before at a display stand. It was kinda fun. They need to port VB titles to 3ds for srs...