Shortest/Longest Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by William, Sep 9, 2007.

1. William Well-Known Member

Simple questions...

What is the shortest game(s) you have ever played?
    What is the longest game(s) you have ever played?

Games that are normally fast/easy to beat (Fighting games, etc.) don't count.

Add a few details too. Not just names of the games please. :-*

--------
    (?) = Can't remember exact times.

Shortest Games I've Played:

Magic Knight Rayearth (SNES) - If I remember correctly, it took like 2 hours to beat.

Parasite Eve 1 (PSX) - 6-8 hours (?) I rushed through it (IMO), granted, but...it was still pretty short.

Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - I remember this one being the first and only Silent Hill game I've played, but I was severely disappointed when I beat it within 4 hours (?)

Longest Games I've Played:

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 350+ hours on the save. I have no idea why either, considering I didn't even really like the game that much.

Not sure what other games took a long time. =/
  2. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

thats a long time to put into ffX, i got that many only becuz of blitzball.

im only listing games i enjoyed or can remember
    longest-
    morrowind
    any of the MMOs, everquest, WoW, ETC
    ff 12 when you calculate al the side quests

shortest-

fable
    dbz bodukia
    gears of war
  3. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Shortest game I've played was Solitaire, lollololololo
  4. Lithium <font color="hotpink">Writing On The Walls and Fir

Shortest game ever: Way Of The Samurai. I beat it in FIVE MINUTES.
  5. Nazo Moderator

Shortest game I dunno, but the longest game, would probably be "Star Ocean Till the End of Time". I've been playing it for over 500 hours trying to get all the battle trophies in the game. There are 300 of them, and I've only got 196...
  6. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Shortest game has to be Minesweeper. My quickest time is 9 seconds. ;)

Longest is probably Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, just because so much was spent in cut scenes. =/
  7. William Well-Known Member

Rofl. Real games people, not quick puzzles/fighters/card games/etc.
  8. chaleur spectrale flori ve┼čtejite

On Silent Hill 3:

Awesome. It should've been longer, but I still love it.
  9. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Okay, okay...I'll give out a "real" game. Shortest game I've ever played and actually beat was Fear Effect. I never got around to playing Fear Effect 2, unfortunately, but I hear good things indeed. Oh, how I miss playing early PSX games...the good ones, anyway...
  10. Hlavco Gold Card Member

Short: Yoshi Story... sure, you could MAKE it long, or you could just eat some fruit and be done in five levels.

Long: I dunno. I'm gonna say "Secret of Mana" only because I borrowed it from my cousin a really long time ago, got really far, but don't know if I'm anywhere near the ending.
  11. Venom Well-Known Member

Shortest:
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV (SNES) - takes like 20 minutes to beat on normal difficulty.
    Yoshi's Story (N64) - you don't even have to complete all levels in an area to proceed. In fact, it doesn't even let you TRY to complete all the levels.
    Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - A terrifyingly spooky ride, but one that only lasted just over 4 hours.

Longest:
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360) - There's just so much to do, the game can easy last nearly forever, especially with the expansion packs.
    Mass Effect (X360) - The game can last quite a while if one takes the time to do every side mission.
    Dark Cloud (PS2) - Spent a good 30 or 40 something hours on this one, and I still haven't beaten it, though I am at the final battle.
  12. Overdose Delusion So strange what love does.

Hm.

Shortest games:

Star Fox 64 - I used to beat this game in just one sitting. Short and easy game, but a lot of fun.
    Silent Hill 1-3: All are pretty short. Silent Hill 2 took me about 10 hours the first time through, but that was only because I was new to horror games; nowadays, I can finish it in about 2 hours. Silent Hill 1 and 3 took me about six hours the first time through, but I can finish them in two hours or less now too. I'd say that Silent Hill 4 is slightly longer than the first three games.
    Actually, most horror/action games I've played aren't that long, with a few exceptions. RE4, for example, is longer than a lot of action games, as it took me 20+ hours to beat it the first time around.

Longest games:

Xenogears: Pretty long game, mainly because the story is so complex and in depth. I <3 this game.
    Persona 3: This was a fairly long RPG that I had a lot of fun with. I had like 115 hours on my clock after I finished the game, however I'd wager at least 10 of those hours were from all the times I fell asleep and left the game running. >.>;

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones I can think of off hand.
  13. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

Shortest: SSB

Longest: um......Between Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64
  14. The Bill tf2 is a good game

Shortest: Super R-Type, because it only had 6 levels that were about 10 minutes followed by a boss fight each.

Longest: Not 100% sure, possibly Grim Fandango or something.
  15. Overdrive New Member

Oh god here we go:

Super Mario Land for Gameboy (8 minutes, world record is 5:11)
    Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
    TMNT (360)
    Ys Book I and II (10 or so hours)

Longest Game:

Cosmic Fantasy 2 (Turbografx-16)
    Final Fantasy III (SNES)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (PSOne)
    Hot Wheels: Beat That! - to get all achievements... (360)
    Madden 2006 - to get all the achievements, unless you cheat through it by well...nevermind hehe...(360)