Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door

Discussion in 'Neo-Gaming' started by Phantom, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Phantom New Member

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

[IMG]

Title: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Developer: Intelligent Sys.

Publisher: Nintendo

Genre: Role-Playing

Release Date: 10/11/04

Box Art:
    [IMG]

Previews:
    "Paper Mario 2 has been high on our "most anticipated" radar since the game's existence was confirmed in April of this year. Mario's latest foray into the role-playing game genre expands on the slick 2D look introduced in its Nintendo 64 predecessor, and it comes chock-full of brand-new gameplay as well as refinements to its already solid system. The game was just released in Japan, and we've had the chance to get our hands on it to see how the weirdly lovable little game has come together.

Mario's latest RPG adventure is a little flat--and we mean that in a good way. Click "stream" for a larger view.
    We'll start out by saying right off the bat that following the story is going to be a little tough if you don't speak Japanese. That said, we're not talking rocket science here, people. Princess Peach has gone off on vacation to a new land and sent Mario a note asking him to join her. Everyone's favorite Italian plumber dutifully heads out, eager to spend some quality time with the princess. Hijinks ensue, of course, and our mustachioed boy finds himself off on a hunt for treasure (and the princess) with a colorful new cast of characters..."

Read the full story here!

Screenshots

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Man, looks like this game will take a similar approach to Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga in ways of the battle system... which is gonna be really badass. Unlike others, I never got to experience what greatness the first Paper Mario was, but I did manage to get my hands on Mario and Luigi, and that gave me my share of laughs, fun, and difficulty. Hopefully Paper Mario 2 can do this.
  2. Roger Smith Hail humans take heed. This is the carrier, Shadow

Wow, this game looks really great. A definate improvement over it's predecessor. Unfortunatley, I haven't played the original Paper Mario:'(
    I will check this out though, being the plumber fan I am.
  3. ProtoJMB Gone

Mercy, you guy's are really missing out! The first Paper Mario game was awesome! This one I hope will be even better. Hopefully it will carry over some of the humor from the first game. I kinda like the idea of the audience watching the battles.
  4. Phantom New Member

Why must you keep rubbing it in... I feel so dirty.

I do plan on getting the first Paper Mario used. I just don't wanna start Paper Mario 2 without actually playing the first one.

Man, the battle system for this games sounds awesome as well. All battles take place in front of a crowd, and how well you do in battle is how the crowd reacts. Do good, they cheer you and come in numbers, do bad and they leave and boo you... which in a way is gonna affect your overall activity in the battle status. Also, the game has the action elements seen in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, but this game will be more epic seeing how it's on a home console.
  5. Eros And Justice for all.

That big boo in the first picture scares the crap out of me.

Anyways, the first one was great, and I'm looking forward to the second.
  6. Venom Well-Known Member

There's no doubt in my mind that I'm getting this. If I get the chance, I'm going to pre-order it. I love the first game (beat it 3 times and might go for a fourth) and this is sure to be a great sequel to a great game.
  7. Dark Saki Hanajima

The first one was definitely fun.
  8. Phantom New Member

Well so far, what I've heard from many many people is that... a Mario role-playing hasn't failed. I heard Mario RPG was one great game, another one was the first Paper Mario, and Mario Luigi Superstar Saga was great.

If anything, you should re-order it, seeing how it's one of GCN's most anticipated titles.
  9. ProtoJMB Gone

It seems like they are trying to borrow off of Super Mario RPG, in the sense that Bowser didn't capture the princess. I can't wait to play the Super Bowser Brothers Mini game. That will be so awesome!
  10. I've already put a reserve down on it, now only a month until it comes out! I just can't wait. Ever since playing, (and by playing, I mean downloading), the first Paper Mario, I've loved it.
  11. Phantom New Member

I should like make a rule stating that no one is to brag about the greatness of Paper Mario 1... man I need that game.

Anyways, once I get money I'll reserve this game. It's up on my list with Metroid Prime and Halo 2.

(Mario RPG's rock)
  12. Codecrakr черный дракон

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I saw an article about this in NP, and it looks like it will be pretty good. Anybody else have some input?

Sorry. I just saw the other PM:TYD thread after I started this one. Once again, sorry.
  13. Phantom New Member

-Thread Merged-

Don't worry about it man. Anyways, I'm no longer suscribed to Nintendo Power. Electronic Gaming Monthly is far superior and has more in depth information... but your best bet is just looking online ;)

Anyways, I won't be able to get this game on release which is kinda a bummer. Tomorrow or the day after, I'm gonna pick up a copy of MegamanZero 3. On top of that I have Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and the Nintendo DS reserved. So that's gonna amount to a lot of money.

Anyways, some more screenshots.

[IMG]

The Super Mario Bros. Parody

[IMG]

Nintendo really takes advantage of the paper feature in the game. Mario can now fold into a paper plane. Use this to cross over obstacles.
  14. Jarulara J22S Yeah The Rebirth

4 days left so I hear. This game is going to be the sh*t. I mean the first Paper Mario is sometimes tooken overrated but it's props are needed. This one should be a Gamecube classic. I love Gamecube starting to bring the classic's sequels to us as we head to the next generation.
  15. Darth Arkas RC-1138

I might actually be willing to buy this. It looks great, I played a demo, and loved the first one. Just not sure whether to buy this or LOTR: The 3rd Age first... I'll end up putting it my Xmas list if nothing else...
  16. ProtoJMB Gone

This game is a definate must! My little bro just rented it because he is crazy about Paper Mario, and he has played it non stop. I wouldn't be suprised if he beat the game before it goes back! The game is great though, has all the humor and other elements of the first game, and more! It also has some classic music mixed in.
  17. Venom Well-Known Member

I got it for my birthday, and I've been playing it when I'm not playing San Andreas (I guess I like being a bad guy more :\). It's an awesome game, and should be in the GC collection of anyone who likes any Mario RPG...or even Mario in general. And you gotta love the Bowser stages that are modeled after Super Mario Bros. stages. Great fun.
  18. Ghastly Stuff.

Apparently, the graphics haven't improved, purposely. Still doesn't apply for game-play, though. I'm really hoping on getting my hands on one. Maybe I'll take myself off the K8T Neo and just apply for a Xbox, and Paper Mario. I'm selling all my other games, so it's wonderfully economically wise. Good thing I already have Halo 2, which is being shiped here for free. I won some kind of thing that gives Halo 2 for free. Glad I won it.
  19. ProtoJMB Gone

Heh, I played this game from about 9:00 PM to 4 in the morning. It's that good! I am on Chapter 2 in that tree.
  20. Gogeta New Member

i played loved it and just finished it 20 min ago. and it took forever as in 6hrs a day except on the last chapter where it took 7 as i just took forever working the puzzel aspect to it out.