One Piece

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Codfish, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

I love this manga/anime. I had started watching the dub a couple years back, and enjoyed it, but then I stopped watching it. Then I started again and found Funimation took over, which is cool because they edit less. But then my friends were all like, "DON'T WATCH THE DUB! DO NOT DO IT!" So I started watching the sub, and I was all like, "Oh this is so much better." And then my friend Faith was all like, "Read it. You'll love it." So I did, and I'm on chapter 118, and it's sooo awesome! I love it! X3
    So, who's your favorite character? And your favorite chapter?
  2. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

One piece is fucking horrible, One of the worst animes out there. It is right next to Shaman King and Naruto, in fact it is below both of them. If I had to pic a favorite character, it would be the guy who smokes in the manga, but has a loli pop in the anime.
  3. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I only watched one or two episodes of the dubbed anime, but didn't care for it at all.

I actually can't imagine liking a series like that. It's everything I hate about children's anime wrapped into one convenient package.
  4. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

David is pretty much correct. It has every element that makes crappy animes suck. At least Naruto has some good battles and at least Pokemon had cute lil furry things, One Piece just fails in literally every aspect.
  5. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

It can't be worse than Bo-Bo-Bo Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo.

Or whatever it's called.
  6. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

I've never even heard of it, which is actually amazing since most of the time I've heard of the anime/manga, I just don't read/watch it. What exactly is One Piece about?
  7. Codfish Sacrifice Theory

It's about this guy named Monkey D. Luffy, and his dream is to become King of The Pirates. And it was recently discovered that he's like... The buffalo whisperer. This guy on a huge buffalo tried to attack, and Luffy grabs it's horns, looks it in the eye and says, "We shouldn't fight." And the buffalo runs off, collapses on the ground and cries. It's so funny.

You know... it does get better. A lot better. And the manga is 100 times better than the anime. Not even kidding. And Oda draws with more detail later.
  8. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

My friend told me One Piece has around 350 episodes and they haven't even covered the entire Grand Line yet.

T/F?
  9. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Ugh, Luffy and gang are NEVER going to reach the Grand Line anytime soon which is why I stopped caring about One Piece a while ago. It became sort of like Inuyasha in the sense that both stories have yet to reach that epic finish (Inuyasha is STILL chasing after Naraku and the Pirate Crew are STILL lookin' for the Grand Line). Oh, well Nami kicks ass, so...I guess One Piece is still okay.