New Super Mario Bros.

Discussion in 'Neo-Gaming' started by Phantom, May 21, 2005.

1. Phantom New Member

[IMG]

How many years has it been since the last "real" 2D Mario platformer came out and allowed two players to get in on the fun... Super Mario World, right? And what was that, 1990? Well, now Nintendo brings back a brand new 2D Mario adventure featuring both Mario and Luigi. It gets better, no longer does the 2nd player have to wait till' Mario dies cause the game is co-op.

Title: New Super Mario Bros.

Developer/Publisher: Nintendo

Genre: Action/Platformer

Release Date: TBA 05'

Players: 2 Players

So the long wait is over. So many ports of old Mario games on the GBA which were great but what about a brand new Mario adventure in 2D? Many thought those days were over once Mario shifted to 3D in his epic quest in Mario 64 and then the sequel, Mario Sunshine on the GCN.

Now Mario and his better half, Luigi come back on the DS with a brand new game. The 2D greatness you loved with items like the mushroom and fireflower make their return as well as the new "Giant Mushroom" that allows the played to become as large as the screen ans punch enemies and cripple the small ones.

Another great addition to the game are the list of new moves that he got from the 3D games. Backflips, butt stomps, sidejumps, and wallkicks are present in this game, meaning that the depth of this platformer is going to be deep. In one scene, it seems that Mario can't reach a spot so Luigi jumps on Mario's head a walljumps his way up.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Looks lik eit has a bit more fine-tuning left, but that doesn't matter. I can't wait for this game, a new side-scrolling Mario... awesome.

I love the 2D/3D look the game has, it's interesting. Not to mention the fact that it has all the new moves gained over the years. Lets hope this game lives up to everyone's expectations.
  3. William Guest

Awesome, but where did you get this information?

Some of the pictures look like people rigged them via Photoshop or something. The big Mario looks remarkably similar to the Super Mario 64 Mario...but maybe it's just me.

If this is real, then I can't wait...although I'd have to buy a DS to play it.
  4. Phantom New Member

It was confirmed last year... and this information is everywhere. On IGN and Gamespot silly ;)

OF COURSE IT'S REAL!!!!

And yeah, you have to watch the video. It makes the game look even sweeter.
  5. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

Super Mario 64 combined with any of the originals...wtf? I don't like how this looks, if you're going to have a side-scrolling Mario game, it should be 8-bit, or at least not polygons, that just looks like crap.
  6. Phantom New Member

Wow, you're a moron. You say this looks like crap but you want it to be 8-bit... I just want you to think about that.
  7. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

I would choose 8-bit sprites over polygons anyday.
  8. Phantom New Member

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Yeah, that 8-bit Mario is looking pretty good about now.
  9. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

Yeah, it actually is. I rather have smooth 8-bit sprites, than your shitty blocky polygons. Polygons suck, now, if the game was cel-shaded it would be a diffrent story...
  10. Tektite New Member

I think this game looks cool. It has been a while since Nintendo has made a 2D type Super Mairo Bros. game. The polygon graphics do not bother me too much, although I do like the old Mario graphics better.

Yes, this is a real game, there has been information about this game and more news is coming in.
  11. Venom Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be all over this game when it comes out. I've been waiting for a new Mario sidescroller like this since Super Mario World. I just know Nintendo can't ruin this game...they know if they do, they'll have some angry fans to deal with. :p

Some of the screenshots make it look kind of like the Adventure mode in Super Smash Bros. Melee with more 2D graphics, and just more stuff overall.
  12. Tektite New Member

I hope it turns out good.

It does kind of look like Super Smasch Bros. will the 2D and 3D put together. I am glad that Nintendo is making a 2D Super Mario Bros. game with Mario and Luigi. I wonder how the bottom screen will be used. I also heard that their will be a wireless multiplayer mode too.
  13. Kadenzza New Member

So eight-bit sprites are smooth, and polygons are the blocky ones...?

...Wow.
  14. Phantom New Member

Hah, yeah.

On top of that, you can't really do "more" with sprites. Emotional expressions, movements, etc. The thing good with polygons is that you can add expressions, bones, etc. So wallkicking, jumping, and running looke like "real" runnin whereas sprites are just seperate animations. Plus, if you were to make this game with sprites you'd need a lot of sprites and when Mario grabs the hyper mushroom, it's spread out, making it look like crap.
  15. ProtoJMB Gone

Man, I am really looking forward to getting this game. This the main reason (this and online) that I am getting DS. We haven't seen a two player Mario adventure since Super Mario World. It's about time!
  16. Tatsu Dragoniac

Finally a new 2d Mario sidescrolling game!!! I never thought this will come true... Too bad it's on the DS, this means I'll have to buy one or what?!
  17. fairy dust I have no reason left to live but 100 to die

Waht console is it going to be on?
  18. Tatsu Dragoniac

On the DS, when I understood the first post right.
  19. fairy dust I have no reason left to live but 100 to die

Does it say up there? i couldnt see it!.
  20. Tatsu Dragoniac

Read the first line of the Second paragraph:

"Now Mario and his better half, Luigi come back on the DS with a brand new game."

I've also overread it when I first read the article. I was hoping it would be for the GBA...