New PC!

Discussion in 'Computers Archive' started by Nazo, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Nazo Moderator

So check it, most of you know of my old computer's mobo blowing up. Well today I got me a new one. Dare to compare them.

Old computer: Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop
    80 GB HDD
    512 MB RAM
    My processor sucked as it only gave out 2.60 GHz (Celeron)
    That's it.

New computer: Dell Dimension E512 Desktop
    250 GB HDD
    1 GB RAM
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ 1.9 GHz, 512 Kx2 (Dual-Core Processor ftw!)
    DVD and CD burner
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE intergrated Graphics GPU. (Yeah intergrated video but it's pretty nice.)

New PC is superior. The only thing that sucks on it to me is the Windows Vista... I'll probably call the Dell Queers and ask them to send me an XP disk with the drivers to this machine to me. XP=Superior to Vista.

Well that's about it. I got a new PC and I'm finally back on the nets, and God damn it's great to be back! :)
    1 people like this.
  2. Omni <b><font size=4><font color=171717>Sola Fide

Well, that's cool, I guess...
  3. Nazo Moderator

Indeed. I'm thinking about getting a video card for it. Mine integrated, but I want to take the stress off my motherboard. Hell I may as well get a sound card.
  4. The Bill tf2 is a good game

My Motherboard fried. I got my computer back today and they decided "lol lets remove the graphics card and replace it with this £2.50 piece of shit that doesn't play anything half decent."
  5. Nazo Moderator

Wow, that sucks. Send that bitch back complaining is what I would do.
  6. Darth Arkas RC-1138

I would strongly recommend, if you can afford it, to buy another 1 GB stick of RAM and install it into your computer. I really, really suggest you do, if you can afford it @ this point.

That just sucks. Kill them. Or whatever the US court system allows you to do to 'em.
  7. Nazo Moderator

I'll be getting a Gig of RAM soon. I'm selling my HDD and my old stick of RAM to Proto and I'm doing stuff for my aunt. I'll have 2 GB of RAM in no time. ;)
  8. ProtoJMB Gone

Yeah Vista needs quite abit of memory. I am going to get a stick for my dad's computer because it's always full from all the junk.

Vista fails big time (just making sure you all know if you didn't know now). It wouldn't recognize his logitech mouse that he had before, so now he needs a new mouse!

BTW make the upgrades in this order:

RAM -> Video Card -> Soundcard
  9. The Bill tf2 is a good game

UK :)

They said the new motherboard isn't compatible with my current card, so I have to get a new one! Great.

I can still go online, and I'm gonna try some emulators and see what works, so it'll be fine till I get a replacement in 50 years.
  10. MAMA DIABLA News Administrator

That is a pretty decent pc.. I have one similar and I love it! Mine is C521 and they are right get more memory sticks but be careful and make sure they match. I bought new ones for mine from dell and they sent me the wrong ones and it fried my motherboard.. they had to give me a new one, replace the memory with proper memory sticks at no charge.. God they hated me. lol
  11. Nazo Moderator