Linkin Park? Back?

Discussion in 'Music Room Archive' started by Doodlez, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

I used to be a fan of Linkin Park, but I slowly stopped listening to their stuff.

2 days ago, watching Much Music, I heard a song from their new album. The song was called "What I've done"

I thought they were back with a much better CD than the one with Jay-Z, but wow..."What I've done" sucked bad.

The only positive point about the song was that there was no rap. Aside that, Chester looks...bad and he doesn't yell like he use to...the song isn't very original overall.

Oh well...
  2. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

I was never a Linkin Park fan, and I doubt the new album would change my mind.
  3. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

Don't worry. It won't.

They sure lost at least one fan: me.
  4. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

lawls. Im a linkin park fan. I like the new song, but not near as much as say one step closer or in the end. Friend of mine invited me to see their new tour sometime this summer. I like linkin park and their songs and probly their new cd, but i HAVE to admit they LOOK fuhkin stupid now. I can hardly see who is who anymore.
  5. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

Same here. Chester has black hair. I could only recognize him by the voice in the clip. The only one in the band I recognized was the drummer. He didn't change much.
  6. =O. I have waited for years for this new CD. You all are Blasphemers. I'm going to go watch the Music Video now.

Edit: Wow. They did change... a lot. And since when did Mike Shinoda play the guitar? Whatever. I liked it.
  7. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Mike Shinoda's probably the most talented of the group. Apparently, he's a better screamer than Chester, too, which is incredible. My friend, Jayson, saw them in concert, and Chester would be so winded after, like, three songs (? maybe even one less than that, amazingly), so Shinoda would do much of the vocals. Though I didn't see 'em in concert, and I'd much rather not, Jayson's opinion has much credibility to his name and I trust that, as he put it, Linkin Park suck ass live.

I think everyone and their sister's grandmother were fans of Linkin Park. I personally got tired of their sound after, like, 10th grade? That and Static-X, lol.... Interestingly enough, Static-X is pure garbage now, too!
  8. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Static-X always sucked, and it pisses me off they even get considered "industrial metal"

MOAR LYKE MALL-CORE, AMIRITE?
  9. FunkyMonk The will to death is what keeps my alive.

I was a LP fan back in...um..Middle school. So I had high expectations for this video and all I saw was properganda in that video. Great, another good band falls into the hole of political music. *insert sad face*
  10. Nazo Moderator

LP is a good band. That's all I'm saying.
  11. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

They were good back when they made "Hybrid Theory". I can't denie it. That album was awesome.

Then came Meteora. It wasn't as good as H.T. but still. They had their rock/rap style which I liked.

After, they played with Jay-Z. Now it got bad and I started disliking them.

Now, I'm waiting for a 2nd clip to see if they're still as good. So far it just doesn't look like it to me.

eh...
  12. Omni <b><font size=4><font color=171717>Sola Fide

I don't think that Linkin Park was ever good, they just fooled people into thinking they were. Chester sounds like a faggot, and the instrumentalists are not really that good.
  13. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

LOL at Static-X. I think i liked one song by them.

I agree H.T. was freakin awsome. I even liked meteora as much. The Jay-Z thing....just killed them for me. I went to the meteora tour it was pretty damn good. Alot of people hated reanimation with a hardcore passion, but i really liked reanimation. I probly wouldnt pay for it, but hey i hardly pay for any music.
  14. Cletus Well-Known Member

Holy shit! I forgot about Linkin Park. I used be a big fan of theirs, then they came out with that rap crap, ugh...what the hell was that? I guess they were trying to broaden their audience but didn't work very well, a lot of people hated them after that. Well I'm not going to bother listening to their new stuff, I'll probably hate it so it'll just be a waste of time.

On another note, to whoever did it; never mention Static-X again.....
  15. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

Reanimation is my favorite CD from that band. I thought the remixes were awesome. Seeing as I loved H.T., I thought it sounded even better.
  16. Cletus Well-Known Member

I never listened to anything from Reanimation, but I enjoyed the songs in Hybrid Theory and Meteora a lot. I actually bought those CD's, I usually only download my songs.
  17. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

I suggest you get Reanimation. It's the remix of all the songs from Hybrid Theory. I thought it was great.
  18. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

Reanimation was a very good cd. All of my friends who liked linkin park hated it for some reason. My favorite is run away remixed.
  19. Doodlez <font color="#00FF00">Sugar

They hated it? I'm surprised.

My favorite remix was the one of "with you"
  20. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Lol, Grave, they actually consider Static-X Industrial Metal? The only thing reminscent in their sound that's relevant to Industrial is probably, uh...well, okay, "December" is a really, really good song...it's instrumental (thank God!) and it has a lot of Industrial undertones. Um...but, yeah, that's seriously all I can think of, aside from minor usage of the keyboard for added effect. Honestly, I STILL love their first album to death, 'cause first hearing it is like "Holy fuck...every song's awesome!!!" And then Machine came out and they became succeedingly with each album release more and more "bleh...". They suck royal ass now.

As for Linkin Park...I hate 'em.