I need to be recommended anime.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by Elle Lawliet, May 3, 2008.

1. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Alright, first of all I'm going to say that I don't want to see anymore drama/romance stories. Stuff like Chobits, Kaiken Phrase, Mars, etc. None of that, I'm pretty sure I'm out of my shoujo phase.

I don't really want shounen like DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.

So, that essentially cuts out 75% of all anime. I will say this though, anime like Ergo Proxy, Gankukutsuo, and Air Gear have mixed themes. They aren't focused on one and cannot be defined by it, which could be a real why I like them so much.

Alright! Let's see what you got.
  2. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Elfen Lied, Code Geass, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Three of the greatest animes of all time. You can watch them all at anime6.org on various streams.
  3. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I have the Elfin Lied boxset sitting right in-front of me, I just haven't watched it yet.

I didn't like Code Geass from the first episode, but I guess it might take more then that? I dunno.

And I usually try to stay away from the anime that everyone goes insane over, but I guess there's a reason everyone was watching Haruhi. Do you happen to remember the episode order? Because there's a way to watch the episodes so that they're actually in order...
  4. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

It is impossible to not like Code Geass if you like Death note. They are two of a kind. Like most animes, it doesnt get really good till after the first episode.
  5. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Well see, I didn't like how the characters were drawn and I immediately hated the theme song so I put on something else when it came on.

I'll try watching the first episode today and watch the second when it comes on tonight. I'll give it a shot at least >>
  6. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Oh yeah, its on AS now isnt it? Cant believe AS is finally getting some good anime.
  7. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

But I bet the dub will kill Code Geass, though. It totally killed Death Note.

Anyway, I'm assuming that you're interested in current anime, Elle, so let's see...

Higurashi no Naku koro ni

Pani Poni Dash

Library Wars

Kino's Journey

xxxHolic

Persona Trinity Soul

Mushishi

Bokurano

Ghost Hound

Mokke

I'm sure there's more, but I'm trying to generate titles that are either non-Shoujo/Shounen or titles that are mixed well >_>.
  8. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

I have the first volume of xxxHolic, I suppose I should get to reading it >>

Watched Code Geass. Less robot fighting and more plot and I may be interested. I still dislike the character design.
  9. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

Let's See, I think you should take a gander at the thread Mai and myself did a few weeks ago of whch i asked her about some animes/mangas that she might have seen/read. But ehre's my list for you:

Paranoia Agent
    Daft Punk
    Cowboy Bebop
    FLCL
    Ghost In The Shell
    Fullmetal Alchemist

I'll probably think of more, but that's it for right now.
  10. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Watched all of them, all the way through, multiple times.

Except I didn't know Daft Punk had an anime.
  11. YulisEclipse New Member

I'm very sure it was called "Interstella 5555". It was built around many of their songs.