Getting a Nintendo

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Cyborg of Death, Jun 13, 2007.

1. This store in my city called Microplay has some old consoles, and they just got in some Nintendos, and they're putting new receivers (I can't remember what they called them....?) so they should work a bit better I suppose - never understood them when they explained it.

Anyways, I'm getting a Nintendo tomorrow (well today...it's 2 AM) for $29.99 with a controller and all the cords. The NES is fully functional - they test them before they accept the trade-in.

I already have Super Mario Bros. I picked it up a few days ago for $5.99 just so I can say I have it. Some games I already know of are:

Pac-Man, LoZ, SMB 2 and 3, Tecmo Bowl, Contra, the Megaman games, and all the games from the GBA NES Classics that I haven't mentioned.

Any others I should look out for?
  2. ProtoJMB Gone

Get Star Tropics.
    1 people like this.
  3. It's about...?
  4. ProtoJMB Gone

It's about a guy named Mike who's uncle has been captured by aliens or something like that. I haven't beaten it myself, although I am very close to it.
  5. Uhm...shooter? Platformer? Elaborate please thanks.
  6. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

An adventure game, somewhat along the lines of Zelda.
  7. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

Google and Wikipedia are your friends :p.
  8. Nights it's called making conversation in a gaming forum. We want that now don't we?
  9. Darth Arkas RC-1138

No, we actually don't. We're only here to piss each other off. You, of all people, should know that, Cyborg. I mean really, even I, ME, know that.
  10. Nights Shadow Custom User Title

Cyborg, Popup, Haser, Adol, Catalyst, Catalsytica, Shashkana, other 45 names you have had, I was just kidding dont be such a smartass : \ Sorry to do it myself, but you started it. Atleast thats the way i took it sorry :p
  11. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

Megami Tensei and Megami Tensei II (They are Japanese, but I just feel the urge to recommend them just in case) Kid Icarus, Dragon Warrior III, River City Ransom, Shadow of the Ninja, S.C.A.T., Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden...er, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'll throw some more in when available.
  12. If we ever meet, pray to whatever your religion may be that there is not a loose pole nearby.

Why?

It's gunna go up your ass and turn sideways.
  13. PKT Forever /a/lone

Fist of the North Star
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Bomberman[although you would have gotten it anyways.]
  14. To the Bomberman, yeah probably. Same with the Zelda as well.

Now you mention a Samurai Pizza Cats? Sounds killer...I'ma look out for that. Same how I'm looking for "Xexyz".

And I'm scratching my head to the two who disagreed with what I said in the above post...
  15. Limbofunk New Member

You might be able to find Samurai Pizza Cats on a pirated cartridge, but it was a famicom only release and didn't make it to the US. You could always buy the famicom cart and a 60 to 72 pin adapter though if you wanted to play it on your NES.

As far a recommendations go, The Bard's Tale is a great game...it's a bit like Shadowgate in that it is text based and turnbased but it's one of my favorite games. Also, Bucky O'hare is a pretty fun game...it's a little bit similar to the MegaMan games.
  16. Dexter Tea Time

Get Willow. 2nd best game made that was based on a film. It's a fantastic RPG. Sets a great mood and includes a terrific soundtrack.
  17. For some odd reason I am still unable to beat Super Mario Bros...
  18. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Dude, lol, if you find Wizards & Warriors, get that one. Oh, and Might & Magic (when it was a traditional role-playing game) and Wizadry are two good ones, too.
  19. To Grave Wisdom's rep comment: Dude...(other than the rep thing which is the least of my concern) - thing's ain't going nice around here, and I sure as hell am thankful that I'm not a physical violent person.
  20. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Wow, great to see you're singling ME out yet again, considering Proto de-repped you as well. And all my de-rep had was a frowny face.
    3 people like this.