Game Boy Micro

Discussion in 'Neo-Gaming' started by Tektite, May 19, 2005.

1. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

He didn't say the GB line, he said the GBA line, which makes the statement true enough; GBA is reaching the end of its cycle now that the DS is out. The only reason to own a GBA now is for backwards compatibility (since a DS can play GBA games), which the Micro doesn't have anyhow.
  2. ubx51 ABBA Fanboy

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3141966

Interesting read. Please note that I thought the GBA was doomed the minute DS was annouced. Also, when a system starts laking games, it usually means the end.
  3. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

And I wouldn't doubt its end is coming. Nitendo will probably be content with selling DS console and games, and selling a few GBMs. After that, they can start contemplating and designing the GBA successor.
  4. ProtoJMB Gone

Indeed an interesting read.... but the whole GB line nor the GBA line is going nowhere, and I will tell you why.

GBA is not reaching the end of it's cycle (although it may be getting close) because of the DS being out because the DS is NOT the successor to GBA. This has been said over and over again my friends. The GBA will not reach the end of it's cycle untill we hear news about the next Game Boy being at E3. I for one will still support GBA, even when I get a DS.
  5. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Actually, the DS can be a cause, even if it isn't the successor. After all, if Nintendo focuses mostly on it the GBA will slowly die. Which is pretty much what's happening.
  6. Salazzar New Member

Is it just me, or does the Micro look a little like a Neo-Geo Pocket?

Anyways, I hope this ships with a GBA-SP/DS style flip-case. I want that tiny screen to stay clean. A bunch of developers working on new GBA games would be nice, too.
  7. ProtoJMB Gone

[IMG] [IMG]

Hmm... actually it does a little bit.

What do you mean about having a flip case? You mean the system itself doing that? Unfortunately it won't be like that, what you see is what you get.
  8. Salazzar New Member

Mm, that's a shame. I guess Nintendo didn't want the Micro to be compared to the DS and SP. Or something imbecilic like that, I'm sure.
  9. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

It could still have a flip case, sorta like Palm Pilots have.
  10. Salazzar New Member

Yeah, but that's lame, since it isn't a touch-screen.
  11. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

... it plays GBA games... why would it need a touch-screen feature?
  12. 0MG_Liviee New Member

I think he's saying a flip case would be a lame idea, because the Game Boy Micro isn't touch screen. Though, I don't see why that would matter.
  13. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Yeah, either way it doesn't matter. A screen is a screen, they all scratch.
  14. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Can't you change out the screen with the GBM, though? It's psuedo-protection, I guess, but it's still protection.
  15. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Touché.

Though you'd have tp buy a whole new face plate also. It would be easier to just buy one flip-top cover, and that's it.
  16. Salazzar New Member

The reason I said a rubber flip-case would be lame was because Vampiro compared it to Palm Pilots, and Palm Pilots use DS-like technology, do they not? So non-gamers who were first picking up a GBM would think it was a Palm Pilot and try to to touch the screen, then realize that it's not a Palm Pilot. Just because of that rubber flip-case.
  17. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

That wouldn't happen, and if it did, the person would have to be literally stupid.
  18. ProtoJMB Gone

19. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Makes sense to me.