Game Boy Micro

Discussion in 'Neo-Gaming' started by Tektite, May 19, 2005.

1. Phantom New Member

Strictly GBA games. Your library of GBA games should play perfectly but anything before that generation you'd need another console. Again, it's due to the smaller screen size. You see how the GBA shrunk gameboy games and this would do the same thing, only display it smaller, making some games playable while others the text will be unreadble.

This isn't quite it, but something similar to it

[IMG]
  2. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

I don't care what anyone else says, it looks awesome, and I'll definitely be buying it.

black faceplate plz

wait, what?
    1 people like this.
  3. Phantom New Member

By that I mean the plastic covering the screen. It's obvious that the LCD screen on the gameboy consoles are always untouched if not for the plastic over screen placed on top. The faceplates are just that, only better and more efficient.
  4. ProtoJMB Gone

Wait.... it won't play the other GB games like the SP? I am sorry, but I am not getting this then. If it can only play GBA games, I might as well save my money for a DS because that will play GBA as well as DS games. My little bro has an SP, and we also have GB Player, so I can always play my old games on that. I was in indecision on whether to get DS or the new Micro, and the whole compatability thing was the clincher.
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I didn't much like the Game Boy Micro to begin with, and the fact that it's only going to be compatible with Game Boy Advance games makes me think I'm gonna' want to skip on this deal. The fact that the face plate protects the screen is neat (so that if your screen is ever scratched too badly, you can just replace the face plate), but other than that, I see no reason why this device is any better than the current Game Boy Advance SP. Obviously, the compactibility is a plus, but my Game Boy Advance is compact enough for me, I don't need a whole new device for that. Anyway, I think I'll skip this one, regular ol' Game Boy Advance is enough for me.
  6. Phantom New Member

Well definately go for the DS. But the DS can't play GB games either, but you can still play GBA games and play DS titles such as Kirby and those soon to come.
  7. Shalashaska Ego Dominos Tuus

Oh wow, another hundred of dollars to waste on something Nintendo is rereleasing. That thing is a shaved Gameboy, but I'm sure alot of smart people will realize that and outsmart Nintendo and buy ten to throw off the stable Nintendo economy.
    1 people like this.
  8. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Uh, that's not outsmarting anyone. You'd be helping Nintendo greatly if you did that. They would LOVE if you bought one of them, not to mention TEN. So I have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

Plus, even if you don't buy it, oh well. Many people will, and if they don't, so what? Nintendo has a pile of cash, and this is probably only costing them pocket change to create. No skin of their back. It's just a chance to make a quick buck; it's an incredubly smart move on their part.
  9. Shalashaska Ego Dominos Tuus

As long as we are on the same page.
  10. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

I've said once, and I'll say it again.

A
    Waste
    of
    Fucking
    Money
  11. 0MG_Liviee New Member

Well it certainly looks spiffy. I suppose I'll get one.
    1 people like this.
  12. Shalashaska Ego Dominos Tuus

Could you get me one too?
  13. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Get a job, and get your own you lazy ass.
  14. ProtoJMB Gone

Wait, I thought you were the one saying it was a waste?

Anyhow I think I had read about this GameBoy a long time ago already. In the article I read, this was supposed to appeal to the young gamers, and the non gamers. It certainly would appeal to a non gamer since it does have the removable face plates and stuff like that. Still, it does not appeal to me as much since it does not play the old GB games.
    1 people like this.
  15. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

How long ago, exactly? Lol, it was just unveiled at E3, wasn't it?
  16. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

I think it was leaked a day before the press conferences. But yeah.
  17. Shalashaska Ego Dominos Tuus

If it's free... then I could use it to teach my other consoles to lose weight.
  18. ProtoJMB Gone

Ok.... sure.

Back in February actually, and I had made a thread at VGC at the time I first found the article.

http://news.designtechnica.com/article6693.html

It may be a little off in saying that it is a total new system (well we didn't know at the time), but I think it is pretty much the Game Boy Micro. Nintendo actually revealed the price back then already.
  19. ubx51 ABBA Fanboy

The strange thing that since the GBA is slowly dying, why bother releasing the Micro? If anything, Big N should lower the prices on older GBA games.
  20. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

The GB line is far from dying. It's still incredibly successful. There's just a lack of games currently.

Oh, we all knew about that, though I'm sure it's pretty different from what we all thought.