Full Metal Alchemist

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by William, Jun 24, 2005.

1. William Guest

Does anyone watch it here other than myself? I'm only up to the...20th-21st episode I believe, since I'm watching them as they come on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim (the series restarted from the beginning again...so I'm trying to watch them all in order), but they only come on 3 times per week, so it may take a while.

But I do enjoy watching it quite a bit, and it has become the only show on television that I watch regularly. The storyline is great, the characters are very memorable, and well...just everything about this anime is superb in my opinion. I just wish I were able to buy a box set with all of the episodes in it off of ebay or something.
  2. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

We don't get it in Canada yet. I know Cartoon Network does, since I saw an episode when I was down in North Carolina. So I assume Ontario should get it in about... three months.
  3. William Guest

Ah, that sucks. Well, when you guys get it...you should definitely watch it. You said you saw an episode before...Did you like it?
  4. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it was the episode where they have to break into somewhere... what looked like a library. I can't remember exactly, since it was awhile ago. but the concept was neat, and the characters and stories seemd pretty interesting.
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I love this series, the plot, characters, setting, feel, action, music, and everything in-between is very well done. Many of the episodes I watch over and over again, and I've got about five on tape, all of which I love. This series is really gripping, I love the whole idea of it.
  6. manga

:D the manga is DEFINATLY better. Im at chapter 48 in the manga, which is really far in the anime. If anyone wants, Ill give you a link to read up to chapter 48 online, and they update like every month with a new chapter
  7. William Guest

Link it please? :p
  8. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

I can't stand the voice overs in the anime, they SUCK. I mean, it's a decent series, decent plot, and storyline-wise. But the voice actors suuuuuck. I'll watch it subbed one day, MAYBE, I'll read the manga; but Ed and Al piss me off.
  9. Vampiro V. Empire ist Krieg

I didn't find the VOs that bad, though I haven't watched it in a while. But at least it's better than most.
  10. William Guest

I liked the voice actors. In fact, if you disliked them, you must dislike a hell of a lot of different anime voice-overs, since the ones that do a lot of the voices on Full Metal Alchemist do TONS of anime voice-overs.
  11. SeanFury I can see the venom in your eyes-

I do. I hate most english voice actors, but then again, there's some very good ones. Take FLCL for example: some of the finest VO's I've ever seen. I've seen FLCL both in English and Japanese, and if I weren't dumber than I seem, I'd think the Japanese voice actors learned English, got rid of their accents, and did the VO's for the English version.

But anyway, no, I hate most of the main character's voices in FMA. However, that doesn't mean I won't give it a chance in Japanese =)
  12. I just hate Roy's voice. I think Armstrong's definatly suits him well, as do Ed and Al's. Lust, Gluttony, and Envy's VO's are great, I couldnt imagine them any other way. I like Scar's, Bradley's, Riza's, and everyone else's. :(
  13. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

I don't see what's wrong at all with the FMA voice actors, in fact, I think they're some of the best I've seen. I also think that Japanese voice actors are fairly overrated, personally, I think they're just as 'bad' as the American voice actors, but through the Japanese language and Japanese accents, it just sounds better, probably because most Americans have no idea how a Japanese guy is supposed to sound anyhow. That's my opinion, anyway.
  14. William Guest

Yeah, most of the time - the female voice actors always come off as too "cheery" for my likings.

Anyhow, if you haven't seen Full Metal Alchemist... WATCH IT!
  15. Master New Member

That show bites. I dont really like much anime. Like 2 shows I think.
  16. Hey have you been reading the manga?
  17. William Guest

Haven't gotten the chance to yet :( But I will soon!
  18. oh my god, Im at chapter 50 and it's getting so awesome. I have soo many spoilers I wanna say ><

Not to mention I just downloaded the entire anime series in japanese :D

They differ a lot but there are elements of both that I like.