Final Fantasy XII. Discuss and Chatter.

Discussion in 'RPG Chat' started by Nazo, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Nazo Moderator

The only thing i think Square enix did wrong in the game is the cinema graphics and the envornment. Usually from SE you expect the grass to move and the trees to move a bit and GREAT water graphics. (yes i look for everything in games which is why i want to be a game designer) It just seems IMO the they held back on it. The water graphics are very basic, the envornment is vert still, and the cinema graphics seem put down from FFX, FFX-2, and FFXI. Other than those, the game play is alrite. I still dont like the battle system but i seem to have gotten better at it. The story so far is cool a little confusing but with the strat guide its much easier to understand. Something i look for in games ACCUALLY made the cut for me and thats the weapons, very nice and well done. The magics look weak not so flashy to me but are sometimes SWEET like cura (for once it cures all ur people) i know you could do that in X-2 but this is different. Instead of the magics being firaga, thundaga, waterga, and blizzaga they are, firaja, waterja, thundaja, and blizzaja. weird the ga's sounded cooler but whatever. Aeons well Espers are fuggen sweet, and one more thing that totally rulz is quickenings, which you could call overdrives "limit breaks". summoning and quickenings all take full MP cost but are well worth it.

I'm gonna give this game a 9/10
    -1 point for putting off some things.
    1 people like this.
  2. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

I wish I could play this game, it sound's awesome, I'll have to get it as soon as possible. Nice review though.
  3. The Prince of Persia ~Sand Weilder~

sounds great, shame i can't get my hands on a copy :(
  4. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

It's sold out everywhere near you? :(
  5. Archangel Sabre Well-Known Member

Eh, Final Fantasy hasn't really been doing much for me lately. I just recently got FFX and it's not half as good as the hype made it out to be. I've no doubt I'll play this game eventually, but I likely won't purchase it for another three years or so.
  6. Crossover Unoriginal Gangsta

The ps2 is only so powerful, you know. It has to compensate somewhere, and the environments happen to be that place. Besides, in other Final Fantasy games, the environments have been nearly entirely pre-rendered, allowing them to be as beautiful as they want to be, whereas, FFXII renders them to allow for the camera to be fully maneuverable. Had it been on the 360 or PS3, no doubt it'd look even better. For what it's worth, the game is still an artistic masterpiece.

As for the -ga magicks, they're still there. The -ga magicks are the strong ones targetting one ally or enemy, whereas the -ja magicks target all in an area.

And for the record, summons were called Espers before the term Aeon ever came along. Circa FFVI.

And I wouldn't call Quickenings the equivalent of limit breaks. They're entirely different and it would better serve to call them special attacks that consume great amounts of MP (not all of it - espers do that).

Also for the record, the voice acting and music is entirely on point, and I have yet to find anything or anyone that sounds out of place.

FFXII is a damn good game so far, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.
    2 people like this.
  7. Nazo Moderator

Crossover...this is my thread please dont try to take it over. :) I know how the shit works i know that they made it a little off for the camera i was just putting in my 2 cents, and i think they could've done better -shrug- btw YES ESPERS AND QUICKENINGS USE ALL MP at least all the quickenings i have use my full MP. and "for the record" me comparing limit breaks to quickenings is accually a pretty good example. limit breaks were powerful as hell and so are quickenings yet every quickening does way over a 1000 hp so i compared them with overdrives too. To those who want to know just how sweet these quickenings are, i have done up to 10 quickenings in one shot because it'll constantly let you use them which is sweet you just got to shuffle the charater use. that combo if i remember correctly did over 35K damage and raped the Elder Wyrm a sick boss when ur a level 22...yeah im still early in the game :p. I use Vaan Basch and Ashe btw ;), but if a boss fight comes up i bring out my other 3 charaters to use thier quickenings real quick and then my other main 3 to use theirs and well pretty much rape. :)
  8. Crossover Unoriginal Gangsta

Don't try to take it over? I can only do that if everyone allows me to.

And the reason I differentiate Quickenings from Limit Breaks is the use of MP and the ability to chain them. And I have yet to use a Quickening that uses ALL of my MP. It leaves me with like 5 or 6, but not zero. Then again, I haven't tried to chain them yet.

I use Vaan, Fran, and Ashe most of the time.
  9. Final Fantasy XII is what got me back into gaming.

I'm actually starting to make games now (not that hardcore (yet...:) and 2D right now too), but I'm going to take a bunch of courses after I'm done my upgrades in High School.
  10. Venom Well-Known Member

I played the demo of it earlier. The battle system is weird. It should be either turn based or hack 'n' slash, not "run around until the wait bar fills up and then you can do something." But, eh, it's alright.
  11. Nazo Moderator

William the rep msg is kinda much you know i was just messing around jeez cant you people tell when someones messing around!?:( well whatever i dont want to start an arguement this is a thread about FFXII :p
  12. William Guest

Eh, you've done it before in the past. I wouldn't mess around "like that" as you increase the potential for there to be internal problems with the forum and it's members.

---

Anyhow, I'll be getting FFXII, for X-Mas. It looks good, the story sounds great, and I actually like what I've seen of the gameplay.
    1 people like this.
  13. Nazo Moderator

hell yeah man its turning out to be a great game. In my opinion its kinda short. i just found out theres a total of 13 espers in the game, but ONLY 5 can be found in the main story to get the other 8 go to gamefaqs or get the strat guide. Im on my way to fight the second Esper in the main story, Mateus, the Ice Esper. 34,259 hp., this is going to be easy considering i beat a 71,692 hp. Elder Wyrm on the way to where i am. ;) It says she quick to attack and has Blizzaja and area attack that smacks all ur charaters. pffft, i have ice shields so bring it wench. Anyway im off to put the smack down on some candy female icey ass.
  14. Captain Morgan hates YOU!

Well, I didn't like the demo...but i'm willing to give the game a second chance.
  15. Nazo Moderator

Do it you will be proud of yourself...or something...or..OH JUST GO GET IT! :D
  16. Crossover Unoriginal Gangsta

I didn't like the demo, either...

...I ended up preordering it and I am very happy I did.
  17. Marcius THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!

Imho, ever aspect of the game is a masterpiece and truly showcases Square's penchant for making outstanding games. The story starts off innocently enough with SEVERAL charismatic characters that I instantly started to care for...until things went awry for them, sadly enough to say. Truly, this is what Final Fantasy was meant to be: medieval settings alongside science fiction/futuristic thematics.

Seriously, this game rocks. FFX sucked, FF X-2 sucked, FFXI sucked, but this most CERTAINLY did not. If anything, this game reinvigorated my love for the series, and that's saying a lot, with all things considered.

I love the battle system. If anyone hasn't noticed yet, but quite clearly, the battle system is heavily modeled after FFXI's, sans huge parties and, most apparently, the keyboard. Don't get me wrong, FFXI sucked a helluvalot of, and despite the fact that some aspects of FFXII are modeled after said game, FFXII's still a great game.

Oh...and also, FFXII didn't get 8.8, MWAHAHAHAH!!!!
    1 people like this.
  18. Nazo Moderator

Cross over...i would like to appologize to you. i just got my second quickening and notics my mana literally doubled. So now i get why you said qu9icks dont use all but alot of mp. but Espers still use all. again sorry dude.
  19. Diabolikal Rapture MPAA's Nightmare

From what I've heard this is a kick ass game, so I guess I will have to get it the next chance I get. Maybe if I get that damn job. Lol.
  20. Zackapple Express khdahahfdiahkai fka

I played it...I didn't like it. I never really got into the FF games. They're pretty boring to me.