Favorite Anime Series

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Archive' started by William, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Venom Well-Known Member

Dragon Ball Z
    Ronin Warriors

...Yup.

Never cared to watch anything else. Ronin Warriors was awesome until it went off the air, DBZ was cool, but I had to watch it on Toonami so it was like, the same episodes every week.
  2. The Bill tf2 is a good game

Last time I posted here was 2 years ago, so my new list:

Nothing! I haven't actually watched any anime series since that post. A few movies, but that's it.
  3. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

The only anime that I've been watching not due to people talking about it is: Air Gear, Gankutsuou, and Ergo Proxy.

I loved Air Gear until the last episodes where it became a typical crazy shounen and then it turned me a bit off.
  4. Tentei No Mai Bitch Pudding!

As usual I'm involved in WAY too many shows. I'll just list five and get the hell on.

Vampire Knight (Kaname-senpai is omnonomnom delicious)

Library Wars (Guns and Books, yay!)

Code Geass R2 (Who the hell is Rolo and where the hell did Nunnally run off to...er, well, she can't really run, so...wow.)

Persona Trinity Soul (I don't care what everyone else says. I think Persona TS is good despite the pew-pew-pew Persona designs and the lack of P3 characters. 'cept for Akihiko-senpai. Man, he's still one hot bastard)

Kanokon (Okay, so I'm ecchi. Shut up)

Maid Kamen Guy (Okay, I'm SUPER ecchi. SO WHAT!?)

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (This show is goddamn funny)

Wow, so I named more than five. As if I care. As Evil Dictator I will do whatever I want!
  5. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL NOT LISTING YOUR REASONS FOR WATCHING THE ANIME?

God you are SO lazy. "I'll make a list." Okay...It'd be nice ig you gave your thoughts on the show and what it was about..I mean, you know, JUST A SUGGESTION
  6. Elle Lawliet Elle Oh Elle

Fine! Bastard. >____>

Ergo Proxy engulfed me from the moment I heard it's theme song. The feel of the show is one that is dark, almost hopeless, but the characters bring it to life and you can truly feel for them as the show goes on. Even a character you hate, you may be moved to love. Unlike many other shows, Ergo Proxy has amazing character development, and not a moment went by where I was bored.

Gankutsuou is...the very essence of an anime I hate. The series was short AND it was a drama. However, because of the complexity of the plot, the unique coloring style, and the fact that the entire show was basically watching a huge mystery unravel...I can easily debunk the fact that it was a drama.

As for Air Gear, it edged on typical shounen and had an ungodly amount of fan service, but because it was so unique...I couldn't help but love it. Hell, it was like watching Jet Set Grind Radio.
  7. Poetic Sobriquet Cosmic Philosopher

See? I find that this thread would be less of a waste of we provided discussion and reasons for the animes was watched, otherwise it'd be just be post count uppage. I'll look into the ones you listed, but I've seen a bit of Ergo Proxy on TV and was iffy about it.

We'll see how it goes though.
  8. Carlo Marx Sunflower Sutra

Lol, if Scott wanted you to like it, he is a fucking Weabtard, which is a hundredfold worse then being a weaboo. If he didn't, then he isn't a weabtard, but he still is an asshole :)
  9. Rainbow Deluxe Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music

No Wiki, he didn't want me to like Inuyasha. But he kept telling me that I would end up liking it back when I used to watch it on Adult Swim. But at first, I didn't like it, I just wanted to finish the series. I can't watch part of an anime and not finish it, no matter how much it sucks.

And for Mr. I need to know why everyone likes the animes they listed, I'll list my reasons, though I left a few of them out because honestly, I don't remember why I liked Rubling hearts, Elfen Lied, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Ah! My Goddess. I just know I did.

-Sailor Moon (dun laugh at meh ;-; ): It was my very first Anime, so I'll always give it props for that. I also love it for the fact that it's not just some girly love story. There's actual action in it and you get life lessons (for the first two seasons anyway).

-Tenchi Muyo! (First season and Universe. I hate Tenchi in Tokyo): What's not to love about it? It's kind of like Love Hina. One guy with a ton of girls. I loveee Ryoko, she'll always be my favorite Anime girl and Ayeka can go die.

-Cowboy Bebop: I mainly watched Cowboy Bebop for Faye and Ed. They were the soul reason I enjoyed the show. That and the fact that even though I'm a girly girl at heart, guns have a certain effect on me. Plus, it takes place in space. That's a huge bonus.

-Ouran High School Host Club: Hilarity, yaoi (twincest, yum), and the difference between commoners and the rich bastards. All three are jam-packed into one anime. It's funny, classy, and I don't know I just love Tamaki-sama. >>

-Death Note: I love Death Note for the sole reason that it's a mystery-thriller type anime, and those kinds of movies always have me on the edge, so why wouldn't an anime? And when I refer to thriller, I don't mean evil people in masks who go oout and kill everyone. Thriller, to me, is something like Saw.

-Fruits Basket: The Chinese Zodiac has always intrigued me, and I just love Yuki. Though everyone thinks Tohru and Kyo should be together, I highly disagree. Yes, this is a girl love story type anime, get over it. D<

-Fullmetal Alchemist: Honestly, I don't know why I like FMA. The fact that it deals with magic might be one reason as I've always loved magic and sorcery. But it's not really much of a girly-girl anime love story, besides the love of two brothers which is in no way towards yaoi like Ouran is.

-Chobits: I just love Chobits for Chi. She was sooooo cute and makes me want my own. D<

-Pokemon: Pokemon was my second anime to ever come across (my friend Amber wanted to borrow Promise of the Rose and I wanted to borrow Pokemon: The First Movie since I've never seen it and I was instantly hooked).

-Digimon: Was directly followed by Pokemon, though I have to say, I liked the first and second seasons of Digimon. After that, meh, it got boring.

-Cardcaptor Sakura: Now, Cardcaptors was my fourth Anime to ever watch, but it was my first anime to find out about OMG SUBTITLES. I believe I was in 8th grade, and after that, I couldn't watch Cardcaptors anymore. So I quickly changed over to Cardcaptor Sakura. :D

-Rumbling Hearts: I've really only seen what they've distributed on iTunes, so I honestly haven't seen much of it. But what I saw, I did like. It's just, extremely sad.

-Inuyasha (Yes Scott, I finally gave into liking it. >> ): I honestly can't tell you why I like this show. Kagome annoys the crap out of me and Inuyasha deserved that priestess chick that I can't think of the name. And the fact that they dragged it on for effing ever and still didn't manage to kill Nakago until the movie really annoyed me too. Though I do love Sesshomaru and Nakago's human form is quite delicious.

-Vampire Knight: One word: vampires. If you know me well enough, or at least have read my first chapter of my novel, you'd know how obsessed with vampires I am. Plus, this anime has a very interesting storyline. I can't wait to see what they do with it in terms of the manga.

-Strawberry Panic!: I'll just say this now: Shojo-Ai. 'Nough said. >>

-He Is My Master!: Maids, some yuri, and a cute little love story. Plus, the opening theme song just kicks ass. It really, really does. Though, I guess you have to kind of like upbeat type, JPop songs to like it. >>

-Love Hina: It's cute, it's got the same girlish type atmosphere that Tenchi had, and it's mainly more about girls than the main character (yeah, my bi side definitely shows when I watch Anime >>).

-Angel Sanctuary: I don't know why I forgot this one, but I did unfortunately. Angel Sanctuary is well, the darkest anime I've personally watched. The incest that's involved is well, odd. Yet it's cute at the same time. And let's just not discuss how effing hott they make Lucifer, though I think they don't have Lucifer in the anime and only have him in the manga. But still, he's gorgeous. >>
  10. Dragon New Member

-Bleach
    -Naruto
    -Naruto Shippuden